BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #133
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35 View Post
Seriously, still not one answer from ADV.1 over the concerns brought up?
I'm sure they feel it's better to keep their mouths shut at this point. Everything they say has been BS. I think they hope that it will just go away at some point.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #134
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
 
AlexTek's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 360
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emthreeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
This is why I would never go for anything but a monoblock wheel, regardless of who makes it..wheels have no business being assembled in "pieces"

Honestly that quality looks awful though..a failure waiting to happen
NO you can still buy 3 or 2 - piece wheels with ease, but stick to proven companies that sponsor raceteams such as BBS, HRE, FIKSE, Forgeline etc... I doubt youll see ADV.1 wheels on the track and this is why!!!!!!
+1
__________________
BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP 6MT
- Upgrades:MS Stage 2 Intake + Turner Test Pipes + BPM Stage 2 Tune with Coding
- Fox Red Novillo/Carbon Leather/Competition Package/Premium Package 2/Convenience Package /Enhanced Premium Sound/Satelite Radio

AlexTek is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #135
M3PO
Colonel
 
M3PO's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 IB E92
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: OC

Posts: 2,721
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
I'm sure they feel it's better to keep their mouths shut at this point. Everything they say has been BS. I think they hope that it will just go away at some point.
In a situation like this, what can you say that won't be BS? It's better to "plead the 5th" and not say anything.
__________________
2008 IB E92 M3| BBS | KW | Arkym | Platte Forme A.G. | Active Autowerke | K&N | Fabspeed | Dinan | Evolve-R
M3PO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #136
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
In a situation like this, what can you say that won't be BS? It's better to "plead the 5th" and not say anything.
That appears to be their current stance.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #137
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,439
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
They are busy taking an advanced photoshop class.... that TUV certificate is long overdue and someone has to create it after all.
yep. They are hard at studying.
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #138
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
yep. They are hard at studying.
YouTube videos take a long time to watch.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #139
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 2,057
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
YouTube videos take a long time to watch.
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #140
so gti
I drive E46..yea i am old skool
 
Drives: 02 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to so gti Send a message via MSN to so gti
let me chime in here because of 2 reasons.

1. OP is my friend
2. I am one of an Adv.1 customers

I thought it was fair for me to speak up here because of those 2 reasons and I can be pretty fair in this situation.

First of all, I have 19" 5.2.1 Monoblock for my B8 S4 Avant (originally bought the wheels for B8 A4 Avant I previously owned). Adv's customer service was ok. My order was delayed for several weeks but it was communicated through both Wheelboutique and Adv. The quality of my wheels are so far so good. I have no complaints.

This is where I come from.


Now, I have read almost all of emails from Adv to OP so far, and I know what OP has been through till today. Sadly, I have to conclude that Adv is not respecting the customer (OP). OP has already described series of issues and their responses, so you know how they neglected OP's experiences.

This is not MHT's (wheel supplier) problem. This is clearly an engineering problem, quality control problem, and management problem, which all comes down to ADV's responsibility.

I still cannot believe ADV insists that wheels are safe. OP took those wheels to number of reputable wheels shops in Japan to fix the problem. But they couldn't. That alone can tell you how badly the wheels were made. Till today, they haven't showed any proof that these wheels are safe.

Adv might have offered OP a refund. However, OP spent so much money and time to fix this problem and what Adv can offer is just a "refund"? I am not too sure about their customer service. Since OP is not asking anything other than refund which I think its quite generous of him, I shouldn't make this point but this is just crazy.

For my wheels, i haven't had any problems other than I have too much wheel balance stuck on my wheels for some reason , I do not have ANY complaints. However, it is very unlikely I would by a next set from them unless I stop hearing these quality and customer service issue against Adv.

Oh one thing, when they delayed my order for several weeks, they told me "Jordan, our president is aware of your situation and he will personally follow up this matter". From what I read from many other unhappy Adv customers thread including OP, it sounds like whenever an issue comes up, Adv people use this tactic "our president is aware of this". But I am not too sure what this really means. What is he actually following up? If he is following up all the problems, then the situation could have improved by now. But this is just my speculation.

Anyway, I hope the issue with OP get settled soon and he can look for a new set for his gorgeous car.

OP and my old car for the reference


IMG_9153 copy by So Lens, on Flickr

Last edited by so gti; 07-19-2012 at 10:22 PM.
so gti is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #141
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
 
PINHEAD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3/997.2RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 976
iTrader: (8)

re-blog'd to Asian car websites and forums

again. Im sure their mainland China customers will LOVE this thread and the last one.
__________________
PINHEAD is offline   Monaco
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #142
davedave
Captain
 
davedave's Avatar
 
Drives: Godzilla
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 790
iTrader: (7)

i saw some vendor selling another branding look exactly like the ADV in GTR forum.
davedave is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #143
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,304
iTrader: (5)

I posted this thread on 6Speed and it got locked up with a PM from a mod saying because members there were screwed by Jordan/360, ANYTHING related to ADV is not permitted, even negative threads!!!

They must REALLY dislike them there.

What gets me is, why do company's like AA deal so closely with such a shady company????

.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #144
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
What gets me is, why do company's like AA deal so closely with such a shady company????

.
It's cause people continue to buy and pay crazy money for cheap wheels.

You also have to remember that a couple threads on the internet will likely only be seen by what, 5-10% of possible buyers? They know that they have nothing to worry about...so far.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #145
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
 
PINHEAD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3/997.2RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 976
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I posted this thread on 6Speed and it got locked up with a PM from a mod saying because members there were screwed by Jordan/360, ANYTHING related to ADV is not permitted, even negative threads!!!

They must REALLY dislike them there.

What gets me is, why do company's like AA deal so closely with such a shady company????

.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
It's cause people continue to buy and pay crazy money for cheap wheels.

You also have to remember that a couple threads on the internet will likely only be seen by what, 5-10% of possible buyers? They know that they have nothing to worry about...so far.
they're both in Florida
__________________
PINHEAD is offline   Monaco
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #146
inandout
Second Lieutenant
 
inandout's Avatar
 
Drives: 4 Rings
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 299
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
What gets me is, why do company's like AA deal so closely with such a shady company????

.
Same reason E90post lets ADV be a sponsor. They will do whatever that makes money.
inandout is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #147
Kwando
Captain
 
Kwando's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London, Ontario

Posts: 900
iTrader: (0)

Ignorance is bliss.
Kwando is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2012, 02:55 AM   #148
b42
New Member
 
Drives: audi rs6
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: nagoya

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by so gti View Post
let me chime in here because of 2 reasons.

1. OP is my friend
2. I am one of an Adv.1 customers

I thought it was fair for me to speak up here because of those 2 reasons and I can be pretty fair in this situation.
Thanks for your support, so-san!


They had been on the L4P forum, and the thread has already been closed.
You can read their comment over there.

http://www.luxury4play.com/wheels-ti...s-quality.html

Yesterday I mailed them with their comment which was posted on the forum.

Last edited by b42; 07-21-2012 at 03:38 AM.
b42 is offline   Japan
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2012, 03:44 AM   #149
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Moxie's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stuttgart

Posts: 1,859
iTrader: (11)

Seems some L4P guys are clueless....
Moxie is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #150
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
 
PINHEAD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3/997.2RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 976
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Seems some L4P guys are clueless....
and unfortunately most M3Post member are just as clueless
__________________
PINHEAD is offline   Monaco
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #151
geneatals
Ninja
 
geneatals's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)

Posts: 3,202
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inandout View Post
Same reason E90post lets ADV be a sponsor. They will do whatever that makes money.
true...interesting how 6speed doesn't allow adv on their site..
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
geneatals is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2012, 02:01 AM   #152
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Brucewonder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,543
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
true...interesting how 6speed doesn't allow adv on their site..
cuz they banned 360 forged awhile back. Knowing ADV was just as shady
__________________
2011.5 E92 ///M3 SSII/FR
Brucewonder is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #153
dcho
Captain
 
Drives: SGM 135i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston

Posts: 941
iTrader: (0)

bump for justice
__________________
dcho is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #154
Powerbeast
Major General
 
Powerbeast's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 6,891
iTrader: (4)

I'm so glad I didn't go with there wheels (I was so close too)
Powerbeast is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST