BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-24-2014, 10:54 PM   #463
s85e90
Brigadier General
53
Rep
3,004
Posts

Drives: black e90
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
My previous question to you is actually rhetorical, what I meant is there must be a reason you chose BMW instead of Civic, Evo8, STi. Those Japanese cars can be modded cheaply and be faster than your BMW or my Ferrari.
I don't care about who's the fastest or if you can put train lengths on my Ferrari with your modded Evo that cost 1/5th of the price.

And also, people with $200K+ Ferrari or Lambo for example, will only look at certain brands if they want to get aftermarket wheels, mostly either HRE or ADV1. They for sure won't choose $1399 a set of VMR/ebay wheels.


I understand your point, but what have we become that we look down upon wheels due to cost and praise those who spend the most $$$. ???
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 10:55 PM   #464
s85e90
Brigadier General
53
Rep
3,004
Posts

Drives: black e90
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NELSON.MLGB View Post
I have both Volks and HREs, G2 from VR, P44SC from HRE. To be honest, the quality of the Volks is no where near HREs. For example, volks have wheel specs on the stickers, Hre wheel specs are engraved onto the wheel..
eh, if engraved specs versus a sticker speaks quality I don't know what to tell ya
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 11:04 PM   #465
Prestigefrzn
Private First Class
5
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: 11' M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom View Post
what was his IG? I used to follow him but I forgot why I stopped. Just noticed he's banned on here now, wonder why.

Osoyousocraaaaaazy
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 11:15 PM   #466
khanhdom
Lieutenant
United_States
14
Rep
455
Posts

Drives: IG: khanhdom
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
I understand your point, but what have we become that we look down upon wheels due to cost and praise those who spend the most $$$. ???
you're in a different situation than exotic car owners. you're fine with TE37's or whatever Volks you have on the M3. Also this is pretty off topic and doesn't pertain to ADV1 quality.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:13 AM   #467
aus
Major General
United_States
126
Rep
7,493
Posts

Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom View Post
lol HRE wheels can get to $10k also.

this thread is just a bunch of people holding onto some errors a company made a couple years ago. if there was something that happened recently, I can understand but years ago is pretty petty especially in it's more infant stages.
"Some errors" is NOT the same a BLATANTLY LYING. Infant stages.. have you heard of 360 Forged?? How did they do with that company??? And ADV had been out for a couple years by that time anyway.
How do you explain all that TUV talk on their website now? They're still not TUV certified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
It's dumb that's all. My Volks are just as good if not better (plus lighter) than all those wheels and cost much, much less.
Your VOLKS are HEAD AND SHOULDERS better than any of those wheels. There are only a few 8,000 TON wheel presses in the world. Those other companies don't have access to one. They don't race like VOLK does and they haven't been around anywhere close to how long VOLK has been making TOP QUALITY wheels.

.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 06-25-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 07:29 AM   #468
Porschefile
Major
Porschefile's Avatar
17
Rep
1,241
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tennessee

iTrader: (7)

1. ADV's problem isn't that they made a mistake a few years ago. It is that they lied and fraudulently misrepresented their qualifications (in addition to covering up the whole "lightening" holes). Shady business practices tend to stick around more than an honest mistake. I'd run their wheels if they were $1000 a set like they should be IMO. Picking them over BBS/HRE/Volk/Forgeline etc. is crazy to me, but everyone has the right to spend their own money how they see it.

2. The argument that the wheels must be good because some exotic cars run them is hilarious. I really don't even know what to say to someone that thinks a wheel is better or worse due to the fact that a certain brand uses them. Racing tests wheels, not cars that see 1k miles a year.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #469
s85e90
Brigadier General
53
Rep
3,004
Posts

Drives: black e90
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom View Post
you're in a different situation than exotic car owners. you're fine with TE37's or whatever Volks you have on the M3. Also this is pretty off topic and doesn't pertain to ADV1 quality.


what does that even mean?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #470
khanhdom
Lieutenant
United_States
14
Rep
455
Posts

Drives: IG: khanhdom
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom View Post
you're in a different situation than exotic car owners. you're fine with TE37's or whatever Volks you have on the M3. Also this is pretty off topic and doesn't pertain to ADV1 quality.


what does that even mean?
they don't make sizing for exotics
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #471
aus
Major General
United_States
126
Rep
7,493
Posts

Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
1. ADV's problem isn't that they made a mistake a few years ago. It is that they lied and fraudulently misrepresented their qualifications (in addition to covering up the whole "lightening" holes). Shady business practices tend to stick around more than an honest mistake. I'd run their wheels if they were $1000 a set like they should be IMO. Picking them over BBS/HRE/Volk/Forgeline etc. is crazy to me, but everyone has the right to spend their own money how they see it.

2. The argument that the wheels must be good because some exotic cars run them is hilarious. I really don't even know what to say to someone that thinks a wheel is better or worse due to the fact that a certain brand uses them. Racing tests wheels, not cars that see 1k miles a year.
That's seriously how the upper crust tend to think.
Most don't know jack about cars, other than it's a status symbol. How many Ferrari's or Lambos go on the track? How many owners have ever changed their own oil on any car? How many even know what JWL or TUV or SAE mean??

.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #472
s85e90
Brigadier General
53
Rep
3,004
Posts

Drives: black e90
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
That's seriously how the upper crust tend to think.
Most don't know jack about cars, other than it's a status symbol. How many Ferrari's or Lambos go on the track? How many owners have ever changed their own oil on any car? How many even know what JWL or TUV or SAE mean??

.


I have learned that the following is 99.9% true:

The more money people have (i.e. more expensive the car) the less knowledge/technical the owner is.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #473
acuteperformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
acuteperformance's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,088
Posts


Drives: 09 Audi R8 V8 | 15 BMW M4 YMB
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to acuteperformance Send a message via MSN to acuteperformance
I've come to realize that 99.9% of the people who can afford the exotics are too busy making money to have the time to learn the ins-and-outs of a car. Or they just have different priorities, "with my free time I'd rather spend time with family instead of learning about my car."
__________________
ADV1 Gallery || IN STOCK ITEMS || H&R Lowering Springs || Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Front Lip & Diffuser || Burger Tuning JB4 || 1x1 Carbon Fiber Side Mirror || KW Sleeve Kit & Coilovers || IPE Exhaust || Color Matched Accessories

Contact sales@acuteperformance.com for pricing.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:39 PM   #474
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
149
Rep
5,949
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acuteperformance View Post
I've come to realize that 99.9% of the people who can afford the exotics are too busy making money to have the time to learn the ins-and-outs of a car. Or they just have different priorities, "with my free time I'd rather spend time with family instead of learning about my car."
I don't agree with that. It's not like because we don't drive supercars, we aren't busy with work. Not to mention, if I could afford an exotic, my friends and I would be working on them just like I do with my M3's. Except the garage we work in would have a lift, a big screen TV and a stripper pole.
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Catless Eisenmann Race | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #475
acuteperformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
acuteperformance's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,088
Posts


Drives: 09 Audi R8 V8 | 15 BMW M4 YMB
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to acuteperformance Send a message via MSN to acuteperformance
People have different priorities. It's not right to poo-poo on someone because their priority isn't to learn everything about their cars.
__________________
ADV1 Gallery || IN STOCK ITEMS || H&R Lowering Springs || Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Front Lip & Diffuser || Burger Tuning JB4 || 1x1 Carbon Fiber Side Mirror || KW Sleeve Kit & Coilovers || IPE Exhaust || Color Matched Accessories

Contact sales@acuteperformance.com for pricing.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #476
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
149
Rep
5,949
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acuteperformance View Post
People have different priorities. It's not right to poo-poo on someone because their priority isn't to learn everything about their cars.
Isn't that the whole point of being a car guy? Not saying it's wrong to not have time or not wanting to learn, but then don't pretend you are a car guy.
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Catless Eisenmann Race | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2014, 01:45 PM   #477
acuteperformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
acuteperformance's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,088
Posts


Drives: 09 Audi R8 V8 | 15 BMW M4 YMB
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to acuteperformance Send a message via MSN to acuteperformance
What qualifies someone to be a car guy? How much do I need to know about the car I drive?
__________________
ADV1 Gallery || IN STOCK ITEMS || H&R Lowering Springs || Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Front Lip & Diffuser || Burger Tuning JB4 || 1x1 Carbon Fiber Side Mirror || KW Sleeve Kit & Coilovers || IPE Exhaust || Color Matched Accessories

Contact sales@acuteperformance.com for pricing.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #478
RonnieRenaldi
First Lieutenant
93
Rep
383
Posts

Drives: Ferrari F430 & F10 5-Series
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I don't agree with that. It's not like because we don't drive supercars, we aren't busy with work. Not to mention, if I could afford an exotic, my friends and I would be working on them just like I do with my M3's. Except the garage we work in would have a lift, a big screen TV and a stripper pole.
I paid a shop to install Novitec springs on my F430 although I prob could get some of my friends do it in a garage. It will take more time to do it yourself plus you could get more problems/not doing it the right way because no experience working in that particular car and other stuff like old bolt seized/stripped, not properly torqued etc.
I did install coils on my old E39 M5 with my friends long time ago but ended up paying a shop to check everything and redo one of the coils, plus we didn't get to install the rear interior deck properly.

I'd choose to do something that will make me more money for my next Ferrari instead spending the whole day to do DIY stuff
Plus good luck selling your Ferrari/Lambo at a good price if you don't have full service records, annual full fluids, minor and major service, repair etc.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 02:20 PM   #479
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
149
Rep
5,949
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
I paid a shop to install Novitec springs on my F430 although I prob could get some of my friends do it in a garage. It will take more time to do it yourself plus you could get more problems/not doing it the right way because no experience working in that particular car and other stuff like old bolt seized/stripped, not properly torqued etc.
I did install coils on my old E39 M5 with my friends long time ago but ended up paying a shop to check everything and redo one of the coils, plus we didn't get to install the rear interior deck properly.

I'd choose to do something that will make me more money for my next Ferrari instead spending the whole day to do DIY stuff
Plus good luck selling your Ferrari/Lambo at a good price if you don't have full service records, annual full fluids, minor and major service, repair etc.
That's completely different. Obviously you enjoyed your car enough that you did do the DIY yourself. Never said you yourself aren't a car enthusiast. And not arguing about exotics needing paperwork either.

But if I told a so called car fan, lefty loosy, righty tighty, and they have no idea what that means. Or if you don't know how to check (dipstick or electronically) your engine oil level? Then no, you are not a car guy by any means.

But that's not really what this thread is about so back on topic
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Catless Eisenmann Race | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #480
Amirsm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Amirsm3's Avatar
32
Rep
1,933
Posts

Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Williams/Flagstaff, AZ

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I don't agree with that. It's not like because we don't drive supercars, we aren't busy with work. Not to mention, if I could afford an exotic, my friends and I would be working on them just like I do with my M3's. Except the garage we work in would have a lift, a big screen TV and a stripper pole.
Thats my kind of garage.
__________________
2011 e90 M3 Space Grey DCT ZCP- black eAs gills/grilles, eAs H8 LED Corona bulbs, BMW carbon fiber mirror caps, Agency Power CF elbow, MS 12f/12r spacers, Alex@AlpineMSS DCT Flash, iND reflectors, Milltek slip-on, F10 M5 front brakes, BMW Perf. steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #481
tinman831
Captain
10
Rep
812
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I don't agree with that. It's not like because we don't drive supercars, we aren't busy with work. Not to mention, if I could afford an exotic, my friends and I would be working on them just like I do with my M3's. Except the garage we work in would have a lift, a big screen TV and a stripper pole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
Thats my kind of garage.
If that was my garage, I would be too distracted to get much done in there.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #482
TrevorM3
Banned
21
Rep
1,626
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
My previous ADV.1 wheels were perfect, same as my friend's with ADV.1 wheels.
All are actual experience btw and actual owners.

Most people just hate something nice that they couldn't afford. They usually just say anything like this is overpriced and junk.
I can't afford a Richard Mille watch, it's a very nice piece but I don't hate it.
I think my AP watch is overpriced, but I love it even though a Casio watch or my iPhone can do the same thing or better.
Same with my wife's $10K Hermes purse etc, they're overpriced but I don't hate them.

You prob don't know me, if for some reason I find something wrong with my ADV.1 wheels, for sure it will be all over social media, forums, jalopnik etc.

LOL, you're probably pushing 40 and using the term "hate"

Let's dial it back, you don't know me, or my financial status.. I'm honestly curious as to why you had to list your materialistic items for us to see. Should I list my brand name watch also, and real estate worth at 23?
Meh. Maybe another day.

Your entire post just showed everyone how insecure you are.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #483
happos2
Dingleberries
20
Rep
1,193
Posts

Drives: Gray E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
LOL, you're probably pushing 40 and using the term "hate"

Let's dial it back, you don't know me, or my financial status.. I'm honestly curious as to why you had to list your materialistic items for us to see. Should I list my brand name watch also, and real estate worth at 23?
Meh. Maybe another day.

Your entire post just showed everyone how insecure you are.
Dude....my yacht (you know, like $50 mil) is overpriced...but I like it. Bet a $40 mil yacht could do most of what I wanted, but just had to have the helipad.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #484
TrevorM3
Banned
21
Rep
1,626
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2 View Post
Dude....my yacht (you know, like $50 mil) is overpriced...but I like it. Bet a $40 mil yacht could do most of what I wanted, but just had to have the helipad.



without the helipad, you'd be a nobody. obviously.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST