BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-04-2014, 09:35 PM   #419
TrevorM3
Lieutenant Colonel
54
Rep
1,814
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
Yeah, even HRE has problem also many years ago.
My ADV1 wheels last time are perfect and they're making a new set for my F430, should be done within 2 weeks

And if they're that bad, howcome their business has been expanding successfully all over the world?
They're making new sets every day, check it out here:
http://www.luxury4play.com/wheels-ti...beyond-44.html


You bought an f430 and went with ADV. Why? You like liars?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 11:03 AM   #420
1M_@teewhybs
Lieutenant
1M_@teewhybs's Avatar
9
Rep
588
Posts

Drives: E82
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.17]
ADV1 SUCKS
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 02:58 AM   #421
Tra08R
Money never sleeps
Australia
5
Rep
338
Posts

Drives: e92 - 2007
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

YouTube ADV.1 and look at their 2012 video, jodan and other presidents are in the vid talking about growth and you can actually see what their factory looks like. Judge for yourself.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 02:39 PM   #422
sterile stork
coupe la goon
sterile stork's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,073
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2010 E61 535i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PDX

iTrader: (16)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra08R View Post
YouTube ADV.1 and look at their 2012 video, jodan and other presidents are in the vid talking about growth and you can actually see what their factory looks like. Judge for yourself.
Again, they don't have a factory. They spend more on graphics that reflect an engineering process than manufacturing quality components, as it is contracted out.

Bottom line, buying ADV1 is the surest way to throw out money. Not gonna argue with you as you do it, however you'll realize just how sure of a poor purchase it was when you try and sell them later, as no one will want them for anything above the price of VMRs.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 12:53 PM   #423
khanhdom
Lieutenant
United_States
123
Rep
573
Posts

Drives: IG: khanhdom
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
Again, they don't have a factory. They spend more on graphics that reflect an engineering process than manufacturing quality components, as it is contracted out.

Bottom line, buying ADV1 is the surest way to throw out money. Not gonna argue with you as you do it, however you'll realize just how sure of a poor purchase it was when you try and sell them later, as no one will want them for anything above the price of VMRs.
do you have any personal experience with the poor quality? or have you just seen a few forum threads about it and basically that made your mind for you? I'm just curious.

This TT 2R Gallardo built by Trust with 1700hp+ is on ADV1 and plenty of other Gallardos and GTRs at TX2k going in insane speed: http://www.luxury4play.com/lamborghi...white-red.html

That car is worth $300k+ and those aren't his first ADV1 wheels and he has a crazy stable of cars. He's trusting his life that the quality of ADV1 wheels will be able to hold with that much power. He had HRE's before the ADV1 on his Gallardo as well.

I'm just saying, I seen so many 1000+ HP cars with ADV1 and people are just bringing up like a couple of bad threads from years ago. Just blindly saying a product sucks, does good for no one.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #424
RonnieRenaldi
First Lieutenant
102
Rep
385
Posts

Drives: Ferrari F430 & F10 5-Series
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
You bought an f430 and went with ADV. Why? You like liars?
My previous ADV.1 wheels were perfect, same as my friend's with ADV.1 wheels.
All are actual experience btw and actual owners.

Most people just hate something nice that they couldn't afford. They usually just say anything like this is overpriced and junk.
I can't afford a Richard Mille watch, it's a very nice piece but I don't hate it.
I think my AP watch is overpriced, but I love it even though a Casio watch or my iPhone can do the same thing or better.
Same with my wife's $10K Hermes purse etc, they're overpriced but I don't hate them.

You prob don't know me, if for some reason I find something wrong with my ADV.1 wheels, for sure it will be all over social media, forums, jalopnik etc.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #425
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
678
Rep
7,030
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 M3/99 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
My previous ADV.1 wheels were perfect, same as my friend's with ADV.1 wheels.
All are actual experience btw and actual owners.

Most people just hate something nice that they couldn't afford. They usually just say anything like this is overpriced and junk.
I can't afford a Richard Mille watch, it's a very nice piece but I don't hate it.
I think my AP watch is overpriced, but I love it even though a Casio watch or my iPhone can do the same thing or better.
Same with my wife's $10K Hermes purse etc, they're overpriced but I don't hate them.

You prob don't know me, if for some reason I find something wrong with my ADV.1 wheels, for sure it will be all over social media, forums, jalopnik etc.
The only thing I got out of that was that your wife has a $10k purse.
__________________
Current: 2008 BMW M3 Sparkling Graphite/Bamboo Beige/6MT. 1999 BMW M3 Techno Violet/Dove/5MT. On the list: BMW M2 Long Beach Blue/Black/6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #426
rjd598
Major General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
139
Rep
5,270
Posts

Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
The only thing I got out of that was that your wife has a $10k purse.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #427
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
AlexTek's Avatar
5
Rep
363
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #428
RonnieRenaldi
First Lieutenant
102
Rep
385
Posts

Drives: Ferrari F430 & F10 5-Series
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
The only thing I got out of that was that your wife has a $10k purse.
Yup, just in case you don't know, $5K-plus purses are not unheard nowadays.
It doesn't surprise me at all some people buy $1K Balmain jeans, couple hundred dollars designer shirt, $1K Exoticare floormats, $20K Vertu phone, $5K for a small 30" Scud CF splitter, $200 lightbulb etc as long as they have the means and feel good about it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #429
whats77inaname
Native Texan
United_States
133
Rep
2,437
Posts

Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

iTrader: (18)

I noticed a lot of posts (including mine) got deleted from this thread.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 08:30 PM   #430
Prestigefrzn
Private First Class
5
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: 11' M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertplus View Post
I don't know why everyone bashes ADV1
Not sure if you guys follow Pertplus on Instagram... But he just ordered a set of ADV's for his car. This is the same guy that had a million sets of HRE and vowed to use nothing else. I am not saying anything bad about him so you guys don't take it the wrong way. All I'm saying is he spoke bad about them and is giving them a chance to make right. He said it himself, if they mess up, then lesson learned. But he's giving them a chance.

I know Jordan personally and also had a set on my E46 M3. Many people in this thread have never had any direct dealings with the company, but are quick to jump on the hate bandwagon. They are just going with the masses and saying the same thing. Like any business, there comes ups and downs. Were things dealt with incorrectly in the past. Yes I will agree. But ADV.1 has done what they could to make right and taking things in a different direction. I know it takes a long time to build back your reputation once it was tainted, but it is possible.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 08:44 PM   #431
RonnieRenaldi
First Lieutenant
102
Rep
385
Posts

Drives: Ferrari F430 & F10 5-Series
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Same as SW new Aventador, he's running ADV.1, Josh Cartu (race car driver) Speciale and countless other Ferraris & Lambos.
If you don't know SW, just google: SW twin turbo
Attached Images
 
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #432
Prestigefrzn
Private First Class
5
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: 11' M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
Same as SW new Aventador, he's running ADV.1, Josh Cartu (race car driver) Speciale and countless other Ferraris & Lambos.
If you don't know SW, just google: SW twin turbo
Exactly. He was diehard HRE. Whats up Ronnie, love the new car. When I saw the new wheels you were putting on it I flipped. Car looks nothing short of amazing. Time to update that Sig pic
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #433
tinman831
Captain
10
Rep
814
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Goes to show that when one's reputation is tarnished, it's hard to regain peoples trust, even years later. It's a shame, because ADV makes some great looking wheels.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 10:41 PM   #434
whats77inaname
Native Texan
United_States
133
Rep
2,437
Posts

Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
Same as SW new Aventador, he's running ADV.1, Josh Cartu (race car driver) Speciale and countless other Ferraris & Lambos.
If you don't know SW, just google: SW twin turbo
He's right up the street from me. And just b/c he does something, doesn't mean I will. I don't follow other people, I make my own path.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 10:50 PM   #435
RonnieRenaldi
First Lieutenant
102
Rep
385
Posts

Drives: Ferrari F430 & F10 5-Series
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestigefrzn View Post
Exactly. He was diehard HRE. Whats up Ronnie, love the new car. When I saw the new wheels you were putting on it I flipped. Car looks nothing short of amazing. Time to update that Sig pic
Thanks! I'm going to do some real photoshoots when the car is done 100%
My ADV.1 wheels look sick (and super light too)






Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
Again, they don't have a factory. They spend more on graphics that reflect an engineering process than manufacturing quality components, as it is contracted out.

Bottom line, buying ADV1 is the surest way to throw out money. Not gonna argue with you as you do it, however you'll realize just how sure of a poor purchase it was when you try and sell them later, as no one will want them for anything above the price of VMRs.
Can VMR wheels make 20x12 weighing only 21.4 lbs for $1399/set? LOL
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:05 PM   #436
Erie Von Otto
///M
Erie Von Otto's Avatar
Germany
22
Rep
1,233
Posts

Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Im around

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2010 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011.75 BMW M3 E90  [5.00]
It doesn't matter who is running them on their cars, money doesn't buy intelligence. Many of those people may not participate in forums or know about their sordid past.
Have you seen the quality of the wheels on this thread? Have you read the stories? Have you seen how these guys handled the entire situation with the lies, fake TUV paperwork, tapdancing shenanigans and other random acts? They are deceptive. I tell everyone to NOT buy ADV wheels because of this history. They are good salesmen; this is why their wheels (Which are really nice looking) continue to appear on all these cars.
When I start seeing ADV on F1/DTM/ANY true actual track racecar and not just pretty Aventadors and F430s, then we will know they have actually changed their quality control. In the meantime, they are great for static displays. Very photogenic!
Attached Images
 
__________________
"With great power comes great responsibility." -El-Superbeasto
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:14 PM   #437
aus
Major General
United_States
148
Rep
7,626
Posts

Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

iTrader: (7)

Thos extra holes are for weight savings... really.

ADV has really tapped the rich folks who really know nothing about wheels.
More money than brains... and yes, I could easily afford a set or two of ADV's, but why the hell would I do that??

In the other thread that was not meant to bash any particular company, but a warning to others about shady wheel companies.
ADV jumped in and claimed they're TUV, then they BLATANLY LIED and said they couldn' post people over company's would copy their certificate.
HRE comes along and posts all their TUV certifications for all to copy.

A few months later, ADV makes a big deal about being TUV certified "now" on their website, but when people start to dig, they don't see any company associated with their "certification."

.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 06-23-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 12:17 AM   #438
RonnieRenaldi
First Lieutenant
102
Rep
385
Posts

Drives: Ferrari F430 & F10 5-Series
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
It doesn't matter who is running them on their cars, money doesn't buy intelligence. Many of those people may not participate in forums or know about their sordid past.
Have you seen the quality of the wheels on this thread? Have you read the stories? Have you seen how these guys handled the entire situation with the lies, fake TUV paperwork, tapdancing shenanigans and other random acts? They are deceptive. I tell everyone to NOT buy ADV wheels because of this history. They are good salesmen; this is why their wheels (Which are really nice looking) continue to appear on all these cars.
Welcome to two years ago...should I find the HRE wheels crack incident from years ago and start a drama based on that? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
ADV has really tapped the rich folks who really know nothing about wheels.
More money than brains... and yes, I could easily afford a set or two of ADV's, but why the hell would I do that??
Yeah, looks like you're the smartest person in the world. And people that work hard to be successful enough to be able to afford exotic cars are all dumb and certainly don't have brain, including me :P
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 01:48 AM   #439
Erie Von Otto
///M
Erie Von Otto's Avatar
Germany
22
Rep
1,233
Posts

Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Im around

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2010 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011.75 BMW M3 E90  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
Welcome to two years ago...should I find the HRE wheels crack incident from years ago and start a drama based on that? LOL


Yeah, looks like you're the smartest person in the world. And people that work hard to be successful enough to be able to afford exotic cars are all dumb and certainly don't have brain, including me :P
Sigh... The difference is the way HRE handled the situation. Period. And I never called rich people dumb. I merely stated that having money doesn't necessarily make you intelligent. Kudos to you for working hard and making money. But I'm not here to pick a fight with any one individual, just to make sure people know about ADV and their shady methods. Word of mouth goes far. Enjoy your wheels... I wish you and your passengers luck.

Oh, and it should say "don't have a brain, including me :P"
__________________
"With great power comes great responsibility." -El-Superbeasto
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 07:39 AM   #440
kawasaki00
Major
kawasaki00's Avatar
44
Rep
1,420
Posts

Drives: E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Charlotte NC

iTrader: (4)

Welcome to the new America, it all started with Bill Clinton lying to the entire world on television about getting his crank pulled. The problem is nobody cares that he lied about it. Same as ADV1, I think the wheels look good but if you lie to me about the certification I just dont want to do business.
Makes you wonder how many of these so called "Rich" people do business through lie, cheat and steal just to get to that status.
__________________
Electronics Junkie, Engine Builder.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST