BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #397
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
AlexTek's Avatar
5
Rep
364
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

$24K for 3 sets of Wheels? You got to be kidding me.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #398
STALKER
Brigadier General
50
Rep
3,666
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3, 991 C4S, 997 GT3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTek View Post
$24K for 3 sets of Wheels? You got to be kidding me.
Thats what I was thinking. $8000 a set for ADVů.ppl should know better.
Come on ppl, these are not BBS 8000 forged ton wheels here.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 03:11 PM   #399
InspireSiR
Private First Class
5
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 BMW 540i/6
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Thats what I was thinking. $8000 a set for ADVů.ppl should know better.
Come on ppl, these are not BBS 8000 forged ton wheels here.
Exactly. I have a set of Volk's and sometimes I find myself looking for something new. But I always come back to the same 4 brands. I read somewhere only BBS, Rays and Neez are the only wheel companies that have this 8,000 ton forging press.

If the wheel isn't constructed using this process, then why bother changing from OEM?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 03:40 PM   #400
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
AlexTek's Avatar
5
Rep
364
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Thats what I was thinking. $8000 a set for ADVů.ppl should know better.
Come on ppl, these are not BBS 8000 forged ton wheels here.
Yeap. I wouldn't pay $8grand for a wheels set, but if I pay few grand it would only be for known brands like:
- BBS
- Volk (Rays Eng full line)
- Work
- 5Zigen
- Enkei
- OZ

Known brands for their quality.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 11:09 AM   #401
khanhdom
Lieutenant
7
Rep
407
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripple View Post
Well, this just sucks to read too late after they have my money, and two of my customers money.
i wouldn't sweat it man. a few months ago they admitted some of their faults and have improved over the years. There was a ton of lambos and gtrs with ADV1 at TX2k14 and doing insane speeds at the track.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #402
aus
Major General
119
Rep
7,425
Posts

 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripple View Post
Well, this just sucks to read too late after they have my money, and two of my customers money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom View Post
i wouldn't sweat it man. a few months ago they admitted some of their faults and have improved over the years. There was a ton of lambos and gtrs with ADV1 at TX2k14 and doing insane speeds at the track.
I know it's a LONG thread, but worth a read if you're trying to defend ADV.

Cripple, this thread will only make you cringe more since they got caught in a BIG LIE!! They jump in this thread on the first page and it just goes down hill from there.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596608

.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 10:03 PM   #403
khanhdom
Lieutenant
7
Rep
407
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I know it's a LONG thread, but worth a read if you're trying to defend ADV.

Cripple, this thread will only make you cringe more since they got caught in a BIG LIE!! They jump in this thread on the first page and it just goes down hill from there.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596608

.
I understand but that was 2 years ago, like I said they admitted some faults recently. They had a remaking of their brand earlier this year. I can tell you there were many super cars going 200mph on the track on ADV1's here in Houston area for TX2k earlier this year. That is a pretty good bench mark IMO. I also do have a set of ADV1's which looks fantastic, although I haven't had a chance to put it on the car yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 10:12 PM   #404
khanhdom
Lieutenant
7
Rep
407
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueler View Post
I admit I didn't read this whole thread, but isn't the issue how the wheels are made, not how they look? They do have some nice styles, but I am not putting any wheels on that could be a liability.

Is that why you haven't mounted them?
I mean fantastic as in the quality of the wheels and you can see it doesn't have the faults of the wheels in the link I quoted. I haven't put it on the car because I have a pretty crazy build which you can see here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=943119

The wheels won't fit without my wide body and my car isn't ready yet for that.

But like I said, some people bash ADV1 and saying it's not TUV certified, meanwhile there are a lot of M3's on here with AG reps, Forgestars, Morr, Vorsteiner, etc which would be in the same boat. I don't know how these wheels would perform under heavy stress, but I have seen Lambos and GTRs going 200mph on the track with ADV1 wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 10:57 AM   #405
happos2
Dingleberries
18
Rep
1,183
Posts

 
Drives: Gray E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (3)

Doesn't seem to stop - M5 person putting 26" ADV.1s on an escalade

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=989605
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #406
ottoblotto
///M-Flight Bavaria
ottoblotto's Avatar
Germany
18
Rep
1,211
Posts

 
Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Im around

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011.75 BMW M3 E90  [5.00]
2010 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom View Post
...But like I said, some people bash ADV1 and saying it's not TUV certified, meanwhile there are a lot of M3's on here with AG reps, Forgestars, Morr, Vorsteiner, etc which would be in the same boat...
The thing is not just about the quality of the product. A lot of it has to do with how they have handled it. Completely and totally unprofessionally. And if they have fixed their QC issues, thats great. But their attitudes, blatant deception, and lack of customer service has tainted the brand enough so that any enthusiast that is aware will avoid their brand.

And its unfortunate because I really like the way quite a few of their wheels look. Oh well...
__________________
"With great power comes great responsibility." -El-Superbeasto
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #407
khanhdom
Lieutenant
7
Rep
407
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
The thing is not just about the quality of the product. A lot of it has to do with how they have handled it. Completely and totally unprofessionally. And if they have fixed their QC issues, thats great. But their attitudes, blatant deception, and lack of customer service has tainted the brand enough so that any enthusiast that is aware will avoid their brand.

And its unfortunate because I really like the way quite a few of their wheels look. Oh well...
well as I said, they have admitted their faults and their customer service has improved tremendously. They recommitted themselves to be a more professional company when they rebranded themselves earlier this year. I received my ADV1 wheels in under 4 weeks and the quality is great. Had no problems with customer service and did it to the specs I wanted.

People are still bringing up threads that was 3 years ago, I don't think it's fair to do so. People letting isolated threads from the past to judge the company now years later. As I said, the quality and customer service has greatly improved, otherwise I don't think I would see so many ADV1's at TX2k this year on high performance exotics.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:19 AM   #408
Amirsm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Amirsm3's Avatar
18
Rep
1,647
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Williams/Flagstaff, AZ

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom View Post
I mean fantastic as in the quality of the wheels and you can see it doesn't have the faults of the wheels in the link I quoted. I haven't put it on the car because I have a pretty crazy build which you can see here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=943119

The wheels won't fit without my wide body and my car isn't ready yet for that.

But like I said, some people bash ADV1 and saying it's not TUV certified, meanwhile there are a lot of M3's on here with AG reps, Forgestars, Morr, Vorsteiner, etc which would be in the same boat. I don't know how these wheels would perform under heavy stress, but I have seen Lambos and GTRs going 200mph on the track with ADV1 wheels.
Forgestar or any of those companies you listed never lied about being TUV certified in the first place That's the difference.
__________________
2011 e90 M3 Space Grey DCT- black eAs gills/grilles, eAs H8 LED Corona bulbs, BMW carbon fiber mirror caps, Agency Power CF elbow, MS 12f/12r spacers, Alex@AlpineMSS DCT Flash, iND reflectors, Milltek slip-on, F10 M5 front brakes, BMW Perf. steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:24 AM   #409
sterile stork
coupe la goon
sterile stork's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
934
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PDX

iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom View Post
well as I said, they have admitted their faults and their customer service has improved tremendously. They recommitted themselves to be a more professional company when they rebranded themselves earlier this year. I received my ADV1 wheels in under 4 weeks and the quality is great. Had no problems with customer service and did it to the specs I wanted.

People are still bringing up threads that was 3 years ago, I don't think it's fair to do so. People letting isolated threads from the past to judge the company now years later. As I said, the quality and customer service has greatly improved, otherwise I don't think I would see so many ADV1's at TX2k this year on high performance exotics.
Send more of those owners from other car communities to this thread and I'm certain you'll see a flood of ADV.1 wheel sets for sale. As is, the wheels they manufacture, rather "design" and send out for manufacture by cheap machinists, are worth very little in comparison to their asking price. Feel welcome to buy ADV.1 all you like, just be forewarned that when it comes time to sell, you'll have to find a sucker to purchase them from you as any thread advertising them at a price above $800/set will call you out for selling cast iron garbage.

Anymore you don't get to run a company in such a fashion and "rebrand" without an change of the entire executive staffing, and we all know nothing of that sort took place at ADV.1. They have only worked to soil the aftermarket industry.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:25 AM   #410
khanhdom
Lieutenant
7
Rep
407
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
Forgestar or any of those companies you listed never lied about being TUV certified in the first place That's the difference.
as I said, they admitted their mistake. They listed they are TUV certified now, so if they aren't now, then yea that's pretty f*cked up. flame all you want if that's the case but to keep going back on something that happened 3 years ago is unfair to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
Send more of those owners from other car communities to this thread and I'm certain you'll see a flood of ADV.1 wheel sets for sale. As is, the wheels they manufacture, rather "design" and send out for manufacture by cheap machinists, are worth very little in comparison to their asking price. Feel welcome to buy ADV.1 all you like, just be forewarned that when it comes time to sell, you'll have to find a sucker to purchase them from you as any thread advertising them at a price above $800/set will call you out for selling cast iron garbage.
I'm on the lambo forums and they sell fine, as for my M3, probably will never sell it since not many people will be able to fit 14.5" rears.


anywho, opinions won't change so I'm done in this thread
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #411
RonnieRenaldi
First Lieutenant
89
Rep
377
Posts

 
Drives: Ferrari F430 & F10 5-Series
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom View Post
People are still bringing up threads that was 3 years ago, I don't think it's fair to do so. People letting isolated threads from the past to judge the company now years later. As I said, the quality and customer service has greatly improved, otherwise I don't think I would see so many ADV1's at TX2k this year on high performance exotics.
Yeah, even HRE has problem also many years ago.
My ADV1 wheels last time are perfect and they're making a new set for my F430, should be done within 2 weeks

And if they're that bad, howcome their business has been expanding successfully all over the world?
They're making new sets every day, check it out here:
http://www.luxury4play.com/wheels-ti...beyond-44.html
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #412
Amirsm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Amirsm3's Avatar
18
Rep
1,647
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Williams/Flagstaff, AZ

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom View Post
as I said, they admitted their mistake. They listed they are TUV certified now, so if they aren't now, then yea that's pretty f*cked up. flame all you want if that's the case but to keep going back on something that happened 3 years ago is unfair to me



I'm on the lambo forums and they sell fine, as for my M3, probably will never sell it since not many people will be able to fit 14.5" rears.


anywho, opinions won't change so I'm done in this thread
Oh I just recently learned about this stuff, lol.
__________________
2011 e90 M3 Space Grey DCT- black eAs gills/grilles, eAs H8 LED Corona bulbs, BMW carbon fiber mirror caps, Agency Power CF elbow, MS 12f/12r spacers, Alex@AlpineMSS DCT Flash, iND reflectors, Milltek slip-on, F10 M5 front brakes, BMW Perf. steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #413
RonnieRenaldi
First Lieutenant
89
Rep
377
Posts

 
Drives: Ferrari F430 & F10 5-Series
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
Send more of those owners from other car communities to this thread and I'm certain you'll see a flood of ADV.1 wheel sets for sale. As is, the wheels they manufacture, rather "design" and send out for manufacture by cheap machinists, are worth very little in comparison to their asking price.
Please show proof that ADV1 don't manufacture their own wheels.

http://adv1wheels.com/process/process.php

http://adv1wheels.com/technical/testdata.php
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #414
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
Sebringjetta's Avatar
United_States
49
Rep
3,171
Posts

 
Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
Forgestar or any of those companies you listed never lied about being TUV certified in the first place That's the difference.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #415
Blipit_
Captain
11
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: bmw

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
Please show proof that ADV1 don't manufacture their own wheels.

http://adv1wheels.com/process/process.php

http://adv1wheels.com/technical/testdata.php
They are made by MHT in California. They do not have their own facilities.

MHT even now sells a Dub.1 brand, designed by ADV.1.

It is kinda funny because the Dub.1 wheels could basically just be ADV.1 wheels. Designed by the same person made in MHT facilities.

Roll'in on Dubs...lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #416
STALKER
Brigadier General
50
Rep
3,666
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3, 991 C4S, 997 GT3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
Yeah, even HRE has problem also many years ago.
My ADV1 wheels last time are perfect and they're making a new set for my F430, should be done within 2 weeks

And if they're that bad, howcome their business has been expanding successfully all over the world?
They're making new sets every day, check it out here:
http://www.luxury4play.com/wheels-ti...beyond-44.html
Just the fact that you posted a link to luxury4play speaks volumes to me.

ADV most likely do not even engineer their own wheels. Which is probably a good thing in their case.

TUV is great, but not all companies are TUV approved, and that does not mean their wheels are bad.

I don't think Forgeline are TUV, but they design, engineer, and build their own wheels in house. Go to any professional race series in North America and you will see Forgeline products, and they fully support those teams.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 01:38 PM   #417
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
18
Rep
850
Posts

 
Drives: M3 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Paris

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Just the fact that you posted a link to luxury4play speaks volumes to me.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 07:04 AM   #418
happos2
Dingleberries
18
Rep
1,183
Posts

 
Drives: Gray E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (3)

Once you loose the public's trust, it is very hard to gain it back, even if it has be 3 years. Especially when you are playing with public's safety. I don't care that the company has changed and gotten better. It doesn't take long to prove that you are not trust worthy but it takes a very long time to earn back that trust.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST