BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

BPM Sport

07-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
Gamoto
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 08 E93 M3 6MT/13 335ix/ 13 X3/

Obama to drop tax increase bomb on job creators

By: John Nolte

President Obama is obviously panicked. Last month Obama and his supporters spent a lot more than Mitt Romney, but even with that cash advantage and the media on their side, the polls haven't budged. Moreover, the President and his campaign have been running around frantically trying to find something that will stick to Romney, be it provable lies about his outsourcing or outright smears involving offshore accounts. Still, Obama can't get above 47% and Romney hasn't even started campaigning in earnest or spending the $160 million he has on hand.
Today, in yet another desperate attempt to win a news cycle as opposed to do his job and what’s best for the country, Obama will use the high-profile setting of the Rose Garden to call for a huge tax increase on those making $250,000 or more, which will, of course, hit who knows how many small business owners. Naturally, Obama and his Media Palace Guards will spin today's announcement as a call to keep in place the Bush-era tax cuts for those making under $250,000 a year (a middle class tax cut), but it's really a call to raise taxes on our nation's job creators.

In other words, as the economy and job growth stalls, Obama will effectively propose taking money away from those institutions that represent America's engine of job creation. Back in 2008, when Obama first started prattling on about how a tax increase on those making over $250,000 would only hurt a small percentage of small businesses, using numbers from the Small Business Administration, Rush Limbaugh did a memorable job proving how untrue that was.

Regardless, as a general rule, there is no worse time to raise taxes than when the economy is slowing (as it is now). Taking money out of the private sector as though the government can somehow spend it better is a formula for economic suicide. But to take money directly away from those who create jobs in this country is grossly irresponsible, although, for this president, not at all surprising.

What Obama's obviously doing here is again ginning up the class warfare weaponry; cynically attempting to pit the middle class against the wealthy, even if that means hurting those who create the jobs that employ the middle class and the poor.

The second bomb this unbelievably cynical and failed president is dropping on his failed economy today is more uncertainty. Currently, America's job creators are not only worrying about what kind of bureaucratic hell ObamaCare will rain down on them; they now have to worry about where this tax debate will lead. Until today, Congressional Democrats favored extending the cuts up to those making $1 million. So this is a real kick in the teeth.

If you’re a small business owner thinking about hiring or expanding but you have the spectre of all the costs and hidden costs of ObamCare hanging over you, that's bad enough. But now Obama is signaling a fight to raise your taxes on top of that.

Class division, racial division, division, division, division… All this president cares about is winning reelection and doing so by any means necessary. And now on top of his incompetence, the very people who are the only hope to bring down chronic unemployment must also worry about a desperate president's increasingly erratic, desperate, and irresponsible behavior.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
way to frame it with "job creators". what would you call the rest of us? peons? serfs? job consumers? expandable labor?

please save this shit for your grandma. taxes are the price we pay for living in a civilized society. there is no fucking away around it. if you don't want to pay taxes, pack your shit and move somewhere you don't have to pay as much. problem solved. this applies to "job creators". they can afford to live anywhere.... yet they chose to live here. you know why?
because they can afford it. and you know what happens when their taxes go up? they will complain loudly, and will continue to live here. why? because they would STILL be able to afford it.
      07-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
way to frame it with "job creators". what would you call the rest of us? peons? serfs? job consumers? expandable labor?

please save this shit for your grandma. taxes are the price we pay for living in a civilized society. there is no fucking away around it. if you don't want to pay taxes, pack your shit and move somewhere you don't have to pay as much. problem solved. this applies to "job creators". they can afford to live anywhere.... yet they chose to live here. you know why?
because they can afford it. and you know what happens when their taxes go up? they will complain loudly, and will continue to live here. why? because they would STILL be able to afford it.
You could have saved some time and just wrote "We all must be taxed for society to function, and whatever the government and my Democratic president says I should be taxed, is precisely the right amount to strike a perfect balance between public sector functionality and private sector freedom."
      07-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Good tactic to post the most biased, lie-filled article you can get your hands on to prove your "point".
I have no idea who the f'k that writer is, but it looks to be about as useful as asking a 7-year-old what he thinks.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
You could have saved some time and just wrote "We all must be taxed for society to function, and whatever the government and my Democratic president says I should be taxed, is precisely the right amount to strike a perfect balance between public sector functionality and private sector freedom."
Just a heads up. I do not have any political party affiliation and I do not vote, so the drievel you inserted about "my Democratic president" does not apply.

But let me remind you that your elected Congress does not seem to be able to decide on anything ever, so YOUR Democratic president has to step in and do something. But hey, keep on talking. You are not happy when he sits on his ass and does nothing, yet you are not happy when he steps in and does something.

Shit, im unhappy with lots of things he does, but I could not care less if he raises taxes on your so-called "job creators". You can cry me a river here, but
I am willing to bet it will not affect their bottom line much, if any.
      07-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Just a heads up. I do not have any political party affiliation and I do not vote, so the drievel you inserted about "my Democratic president" does not apply.

But let me remind you that your elected Congress does not seem to be able to decide on anything ever, so YOUR Democratic president has to step in and do something. But hey, keep on talking. You are not happy when he sits on his ass and does nothing, yet you are not happy when he steps in and does something.

Shit, im unhappy with lots of things he does, but I could not care less if he raises taxes on your so-called "job creators". You can cry me a river here, but
For someone who doesn't care enough to vote, you seem pretty angry.
      07-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
For someone who doesn't care enough to vote, you seem pretty angry.
i am. and my gun collection is growing
      07-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

Quote:
i am. and my gun collection is growing
I really think you need to think twice when making the above statement. Those guys who like the "ladies of the night" may knock on your door.
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #9
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
I really think you need to think twice when making the above statement. Those guys who like the "ladies of the night" may knock on your door.
Well, I am a law abiding citizen. Each firearm purchase was DOJ approved after an appropriate background check. Plus I said "collection", not "arsenal"
      07-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:

I don't argue with your point about it not affecting their bottom line. But what most over look that goes along with that statement is that it doesn't affect their bottom line because they raise prices. The suppliers of big business and small business alike will raise their prices to offset the difference. Therefore we, along with big business will raise our prices. It's unavoidable, and it's the poor who are left paying the bill. I'm not saying you aren't aware, but many aren't.

And as you know, my "collection" is growing as well.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #11
CamelBiscuit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 11 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
Drag queens?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
128vertinnoho
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 128iC

Yeah, less than 3% of so called 'job creators' would be affected by this tax increase. Cry me a river.

The 'job creators' have been paying unprecedented low tax rates for over a decade.....where are the fucking jobs!

Overwhelming majorities of Americans support tax hikes on the rich. We're not buying the cons 'job creator' fallacy any longer.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #13
128vertinnoho
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 128iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Good tactic to post the most biased, lie-filled article you can get your hands on to prove your "point".
I have no idea who the f'k that writer is, but it looks to be about as useful as asking a 7-year-old what he thinks.
Apparently the writer of the OP is some hack who works at Brietbart. Go figure!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #14
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
^ I can hear the sucking sound from here.