BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography
 
ESS Tuning
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #2377
Chewy734
Major General
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Posts: 6,767
iTrader: (15)

I love that shot Tim... glad it wasn't another bridge pic
__________________

Currently for sale: N/A
Chewy734 is online now   United_States
0
      05-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #2378
dcstep
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado

Posts: 4,829
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Love wide angle...
Excellent.

I'm sure Jeff knows, but some of the noob viewers may not realize that those converging lines (like the flag pole leaning in) can be corrected in RAW conversion or post processing. Many people, like Jeff here, like to leave them in. I tend to take them out of my wide-angle shots.

Those converging lines are caused by tipping the sensor back relative to the subject. In the old days you needed a tilt-shift lens to adjust it out (if you want to). These days you just lay a line over two lines that you want to be parrallel and the computer fixes it for you. Magic...and a lot less expensive than a $2000+ TS lens.

Dave
__________________
dcstep is offline   United_States
0
      05-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #2379
bosstones
Major
 
Drives: o_0
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suburbia

Posts: 1,068
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I'm sure Jeff knows, but some of the noob viewers may not realize that those converging lines (like the flag pole leaning in) can be corrected in RAW conversion or post processing. Many people, like Jeff here, like to leave them in. I tend to take them out of my wide-angle shots.

Those converging lines are caused by tipping the sensor back relative to the subject. In the old days you needed a tilt-shift lens to adjust it out (if you want to). These days you just lay a line over two lines that you want to be parrallel and the computer fixes it for you. Magic...and a lot less expensive than a $2000+ TS lens.

Dave
That's an excellent point to make, Dave! And I did choose to leave them in here....thought it added a bit of dramatic effect w/ the buildings converging on one point and the cloudes converging oppositely.

Awesome pix, Tim!
__________________
bosstones is offline  
0
      05-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #2380
adrean8j
Brigadier General
 
adrean8j's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM 135I
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere

Posts: 4,071
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to adrean8j
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Excellent.

I'm sure Jeff knows, but some of the noob viewers may not realize that those converging lines (like the flag pole leaning in) can be corrected in RAW conversion or post processing. Many people, like Jeff here, like to leave them in. I tend to take them out of my wide-angle shots.

Those converging lines are caused by tipping the sensor back relative to the subject. In the old days you needed a tilt-shift lens to adjust it out (if you want to). These days you just lay a line over two lines that you want to be parrallel and the computer fixes it for you. Magic...and a lot less expensive than a $2000+ TS lens.

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
That's an excellent point to make, Dave! And I did choose to leave them in here....thought it added a bit of dramatic effect w/ the buildings converging on one point and the cloudes converging oppositely.

Awesome pix, Tim!
Good points guys...its called "Perspective Lens Distortion". For anyone that wants a tutorial on how to correct it in your photos I recommend this:

http://www.digital-photography-schoo...n-in-photoshop
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
SGM was God's color and has been recalled to heaven.
adrean8j is offline   No_Country
0
      05-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #2381
TL
Brigadier General
 
TL's Avatar
 
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Hub

Posts: 3,100
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
I love that shot Tim... glad it wasn't another bridge pic
thanks , oh there's going to be a few more bridge pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Excellent.

I'm sure Jeff knows, but some of the noob viewers may not realize that those converging lines (like the flag pole leaning in) can be corrected in RAW conversion or post processing. Many people, like Jeff here, like to leave them in. I tend to take them out of my wide-angle shots.

Those converging lines are caused by tipping the sensor back relative to the subject. In the old days you needed a tilt-shift lens to adjust it out (if you want to). These days you just lay a line over two lines that you want to be parrallel and the computer fixes it for you. Magic...and a lot less expensive than a $2000+ TS lens.

Dave



Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Awesome pix, Tim!
thanks
TL is offline   United_States
0
      05-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #2382
rodi
. . .
 
Drives: your FACE!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta proper

Posts: 2,400
iTrader: (-1)

easy to guess what this is?
__________________
2009 135i | space grey | sport | navi | hifi | heated
dinan stage 2 software | bmw performance exhaust
kw v2 | hotchkis front sway | vmr v710

rodi is offline  
0
      05-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #2383
adrean8j
Brigadier General
 
adrean8j's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM 135I
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere

Posts: 4,071
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to adrean8j
^^^some type of equine?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
SGM was God's color and has been recalled to heaven.
adrean8j is offline   No_Country
0
      05-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #2384
UdubBadger
Banned
 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
is that a close up of lebron?
UdubBadger is offline   No_Country
0
      05-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #2385
cliverman
Captain
 
cliverman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 X6 35i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Durham,NC

Posts: 629
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
is that a close up of lebron?
ROFL!
__________________
He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious. -Sun Tzu
cliverman is offline   United_States
0
      05-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #2386
The1
Major General
 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

Posts: 5,127
iTrader: (0)

the similarities are striking
The1 is offline   Canada
0
      05-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #2387
rodi
. . .
 
Drives: your FACE!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta proper

Posts: 2,400
iTrader: (-1)

damn striking, johnson.
__________________
2009 135i | space grey | sport | navi | hifi | heated
dinan stage 2 software | bmw performance exhaust
kw v2 | hotchkis front sway | vmr v710

rodi is offline  
0
      05-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #2388
M_Six
Free Thinker
 
M_Six's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

Posts: 4,895
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
The similarities would be even more striking if Rodi's model was turned around.
__________________
Mark
Randomography
Flickr

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States
0
      05-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #2389
UdubBadger
Banned
 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
UdubBadger is offline   No_Country
0
      05-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #2390
adrean8j
Brigadier General
 
adrean8j's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM 135I
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere

Posts: 4,071
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to adrean8j
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
The similarities would be even more striking if Rodi's model was turned around.


He FINALLY apologized for that debacle he pulled last year......both him and Wade can kiss my ass....one of them should have come to Chicago...instead we got Carlos Snoozer (even if he did play well today...i don't really like him on my team)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
SGM was God's color and has been recalled to heaven.
adrean8j is offline   No_Country
0
      05-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #2391
UdubBadger
Banned
 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
everyone knows boozer doesn't try until its do or die time...
UdubBadger is offline   No_Country
0
      05-13-2011, 06:48 AM   #2392
Chewy734
Major General
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Posts: 6,767
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
He FINALLY apologized for that debacle he pulled last year.....
What's the point? it's a tad bit late... almost an entire season for him to come to that realization?
__________________

Currently for sale: N/A
Chewy734 is online now   United_States
0
      05-13-2011, 10:13 AM   #2393
UdubBadger
Banned
 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
he realized nobody likes him anymore
UdubBadger is offline   No_Country
0
      05-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #2394
The1
Major General
 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

Posts: 5,127
iTrader: (0)

what did he do? I don't really follow sports too closely.
The1 is offline   Canada
0
      05-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #2395
TL
Brigadier General
 
TL's Avatar
 
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Hub

Posts: 3,100
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
what did he do? I don't really follow sports too closely.
he walked away from a city & team that NEED & Revered him.....they were begging him to stay but in the end he decided in his BEST interest to go with Miami Heat for a chance to win a championship
TL is offline   United_States
0
      05-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #2396
TL
Brigadier General
 
TL's Avatar
 
Drives: Happy on H&R coil overs
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Hub

Posts: 3,100
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.50]

Nikki by GQjai, on Flickr
TL is offline   United_States
0
      05-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #2397
The1
Major General
 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

Posts: 5,127
iTrader: (0)

well, i can understand why so many people hate him then.

that's definitely a dick move.
The1 is offline   Canada
0
      05-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #2398
adrean8j
Brigadier General
 
adrean8j's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM 135I
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere

Posts: 4,071
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to adrean8j
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
well, i can understand why so many people hate him then.

that's definitely a dick move.
To be honest it really wasn't the fact that he left...it was HOW the douchebag left everyone from the fans to the friggin' OWNER in the dark about it....and then had the AUDACITY to make his decision an HOUR LONG T.V. special all about him....seriously? seriously? It was a slap in the face to ANY fan in ANY sport....whew...sorry...I still feel strongly about that incident...pfffft...friggin' entitled bastard...hope my Bulls beat they asses
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
SGM was God's color and has been recalled to heaven.
adrean8j is offline   No_Country
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST