BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
driftmotion
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
745
Posts

 
Drives: 06 ///M5, 07 Z4M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to driftmotion Send a message via Skype™ to driftmotion
Sorry Guys had to do it......

So In my search for a car to replace my M5 i decided to go with this .... not an M3 but comparable!



Had it 15 days and tunned it
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,122
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Looks good.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
cshawkeye
Lieutenant
cshawkeye's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
465
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alexandria

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to cshawkeye
Nice and clean!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
Nine
Banned
29
Rep
1,925
Posts

 
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC, Miami, NYC

iTrader: (2)

Congrats, it's a great machine, I love mercedes.

Get rid of that chrome trip though, yikes!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
driftmotion
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
745
Posts

 
Drives: 06 ///M5, 07 Z4M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to driftmotion Send a message via Skype™ to driftmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Congrats, it's a great machine, I love mercedes.

Get rid of that chrome trip though, yikes!
I'll see what i can do ... for now, plasti dipping the front grill!! and maybe getting wheels ... if I had more cash i'd do some KWv3 to get rig of the ugly gap LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
Nine
Banned
29
Rep
1,925
Posts

 
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC, Miami, NYC

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftmotion View Post
I'll see what i can do ... for now, plasti dipping the front grill!! and maybe getting wheels ... if I had more cash i'd do some KWv3 to get rig of the ugly gap LOL
How do you like the tune? It's a monster on the highway, very different feel from an M3. You need a lot of leg room to stretch that beast out, congrats and enjoy MBworld, a lot of great, well informed members over there.

PPS, there is a carbon fiber steering wheel that they sell for the c63, WOW. that would be one of my mods...

Last edited by Nine; 06-13-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
driftmotion
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
745
Posts

 
Drives: 06 ///M5, 07 Z4M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to driftmotion Send a message via Skype™ to driftmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
How do you like the tune? It's a monster on the highway, very different feel from an M3. You need a lot of leg room to stretch that beast out, congrats and enjoy MBworld, a lot of great, well informed members over there.

PPS, there is a carbon fiber steering wheel that they sell for the c63, WOW. that would be one of my mods...
I actually prefer to keep the CF on the outside

as for the tune, it's awesome ... VERY linear and feels great ... the only problem i'm running into is that coming from an M5, I'm hitting the limiter OFTEN ... seems like I got use to having endless revs to work with. With the C63 and the tune, it climbs those rev at an insane pace ... add that to the shitty tranny and voila! Cut-off here we come!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #8
kchu221
JDM whore
kchu221's Avatar
South Korea
44
Rep
3,020
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (9)

nice!
__________________
2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
Pat@sonictuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Pat@sonictuning's Avatar
113
Rep
4,077
Posts


 
Drives: Porsche Cayman S
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (124)

Damn lol thought you were going after another BMW!! Congrats I love that C63 so much!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #10
driftmotion
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
745
Posts

 
Drives: 06 ///M5, 07 Z4M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to driftmotion Send a message via Skype™ to driftmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@sonictuning View Post
Damn lol thought you were going after another BMW!! Congrats I love that C63 so much!
I was ... this was really just a fluke .. wanna hook me up with some wheels sponsorship style
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #11
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
75
Rep
6,775
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Gross..just kidding...
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #12
SGMe90
tuningtechfs tuned
SGMe90's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
302
Posts

 
Drives: 08 SGM e90 M3, 6mt
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (4)

She's a beauty man! Congrats and enjoy in good health
__________________
Drives: 08 M3, third pedal baby
previous: 07 e93 335i (jb4)
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #13
Alpha///M
Scrappy Coco
Alpha///M's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
356
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 M3 AW DCT ZCP ESS 625
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
What color is that? Deceiving pic. Front reflectors, bye bye! Good luck!!!
__________________
Alpha///M
ESS VT2 625- GTS DCT Tune- Full Challenge Exhaust- Mode Carbon- Other Stuff
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #14
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
MDyDinanM's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
2,090
Posts

 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [3.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha///M View Post
What color is that? Deceiving pic. Front reflectors, bye bye!
looks like sapphire gray metallic
__________________
Retired: '06 BMW E46 ///M3
Current: '08 BMW E60 DINAN ///M5, Interlagos Blue, SMG
DINAN Stage 2 Suspension, Exhaust, Stage III Software, Front strut braces,
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #15
Alpha///M
Scrappy Coco
Alpha///M's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
356
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 M3 AW DCT ZCP ESS 625
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
looks like sapphire gray metallic
NICE.....
__________________
Alpha///M
ESS VT2 625- GTS DCT Tune- Full Challenge Exhaust- Mode Carbon- Other Stuff
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #16
Alpha///M
Scrappy Coco
Alpha///M's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
356
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 M3 AW DCT ZCP ESS 625
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftmotion View Post
So In my search for a car to replace my M5 i decided to go with this .... not an M3 but comparable!



Had it 15 days and tunned it
Is it faster than your M5. Was that tuned? Why did you jump ship? Just curious. I see a lot more of your new car vs. M5, do you feel the same?
__________________
Alpha///M
ESS VT2 625- GTS DCT Tune- Full Challenge Exhaust- Mode Carbon- Other Stuff
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #17
jww///95
Private First Class
1
Rep
124
Posts

 
Drives: e90 m3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (4)

To give you a few cosmetic ideas... Here was my c63 that I had for about a year. Plastidip grill, emblems, exhaust tips, and fog light surrounds. Vinyl wrapped all the chrome window and trunk trim matte black. Car desperately needed a better offset for the front wheels...
Attached Images
 

Last edited by jww///95; 06-13-2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #18
MDIAU
First Lieutenant
MDIAU's Avatar
5
Rep
334
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3: e92,AW...
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: VA

iTrader: (11)

I recently sold the ///M too and purchased the C63 amg mainly needed the 4 door for our newborn. You should change out the orange reflectors asap! The black trim looks really nice. Where did you get the vinyl wrap done and how much did they charge? I am also thinking of getting a tune and headers in the near future.
See you guys around. I like being the only C63 in my area
Attached Images
 
__________________
Cayenne "wifey"
M3 "mine"
Previous toys: 997.1 GT3, C63, e92M3, 350Z, ISF, IS350, B5 S4, R1/Ninja 636
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #19
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
dcgolfdr's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,026
Posts

 
Drives: M3 and a truck
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (11)

Nice car, I just did the same thing 2 weeks ago. Didn't need a car but the dealer called with a deal I couldn't refuse. The C63 is now my DD and my GTR is my track/weekend car. I also need to tone down all the chrome shit on the car, so if anyone has some recommendations for shops that can help me out that would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 05:25 AM   #20
jww///95
Private First Class
1
Rep
124
Posts

 
Drives: e90 m3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (4)

I did all the vinyl myself. Bought the raw material from advantage sign supply and just developed the technique on the fly.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #21
driftmotion
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
745
Posts

 
Drives: 06 ///M5, 07 Z4M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to driftmotion Send a message via Skype™ to driftmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha///M View Post
Is it faster than your M5. Was that tuned? Why did you jump ship? Just curious. I see a lot more of your new car vs. M5, do you feel the same?
Kind of hard to tell if it's quicker or not ... i mean the power delivery is so different that i'm still trying to figure that question out myself. I will say that the C63 Hits A LOT harder from the get-go and seems to hold that till redline ... in comparison, the M5 would rip you a new one around 4k till 8.5kish ... I think that's what i miss the most ... the 8.5ish k... i can't tell you how many times now .. even after owning the car for a month, do I hit the rev limiter ... Tranny wise .. the C63 is crap ... but awesome for an automatic which is kind of what i was going for (shared with my wife and 90% driven in DC) Oh well time will tell... sound wise C63 FTW the stock exhaust is glorious and the tune helps bridge the gap to the M5 ... seeing it give me 454whp with 410 lbs or torque to the wheels ....
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #22
Alpha///M
Scrappy Coco
Alpha///M's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
356
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 M3 AW DCT ZCP ESS 625
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftmotion View Post
Kind of hard to tell if it's quicker or not ... i mean the power delivery is so different that i'm still trying to figure that question out myself. I will say that the C63 Hits A LOT harder from the get-go and seems to hold that till redline ... in comparison, the M5 would rip you a new one around 4k till 8.5kish ... I think that's what i miss the most ... the 8.5ish k... i can't tell you how many times now .. even after owning the car for a month, do I hit the rev limiter ... Tranny wise .. the C63 is crap ... but awesome for an automatic which is kind of what i was going for (shared with my wife and 90% driven in DC) Oh well time will tell... sound wise C63 FTW the stock exhaust is glorious and the tune helps bridge the gap to the M5 ... seeing it give me 454whp with 410 lbs or torque to the wheels ....
Interesting thoughts, thanks.
God, 410 ft/lb of torque, sweet for a 4DSD...
__________________
Alpha///M
ESS VT2 625- GTS DCT Tune- Full Challenge Exhaust- Mode Carbon- Other Stuff
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST