BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
BURAKUSTA
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 COUPE
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: İSTANBUL,TURKEY

Posts: 111
iTrader: (0)

Confused On Ess Remap

HELLO

I am from Istanbul,i have 2011 e92 dct m3.My car has bmc filter akrapovic evolution with eisenmann race muffler.I really believe ess is the right choice for me because they have an amazing reputation around the world.My questions are simple :

1-) Does ess sends a control unit to upload/download new remap or just sends the file ?

2-) Am i able to choose different octane settings ?

3-) Raised rpm is dangerous or not ? 8300 VS 8600,8500 ?

Can you explain these question in detail please,because i live in turkey not in the states so i need to be sure when purchasing a remap.

Thank you for your time.
BURAKUSTA is offline   Turkey
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
the_stranger
Captain
 
the_stranger's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lafayette, IN

Posts: 927
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1) I believe ESS sends a cable to you. You connect your laptop to the car through that and send ESS your OEM settings via email. They email back a new tuned settings file depending on your mods such as your exhaust system. You connect your laptop to the car again and upload your settings.
2) You can tell ESS about your octane preference. They will send you the tune according to that.
3) This, I'm not sure of. I wouldn't do it though.

Hope that helps
__________________

2008 e92 M3 6MT AW/BLACK (SOLD)
2009 e92 M3 6MT AW/FR
the_stranger is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
C|3R1C
So Kewl Guy
 
C|3R1C's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 502
iTrader: (0)

I heard from a technician that the stock rpm limit is very conservative for the car and that it can run 10k rpm no problem. Some people also have the raised limiter and have had no problems. But personally I feel the stock setting is more than enough and to stay on the side of safety and any possible warranty problems.
__________________
2010 E93 M3 / AA Catless X-Pipe / AA Catback / AA Pulley / Vorsteiner Vented Hood and Bootlid E93 Trunk / ADV1 7.1 Wheels GB / LS3 LED Lights / AFE Stage 2 / Velos Designwerks Tune
C|3R1C is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
BURAKUSTA
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 COUPE
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: İSTANBUL,TURKEY

Posts: 111
iTrader: (0)

10K RPM REALLY ????
BURAKUSTA is offline   Turkey
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Ilia@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Ilia@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,168
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURAKUSTA View Post
HELLO

I am from Istanbul,i have 2011 e92 dct m3.My car has bmc filter akrapovic evolution with eisenmann race muffler.I really believe ess is the right choice for me because they have an amazing reputation around the world.My questions are simple :

1-) Does ess sends a control unit to upload/download new remap or just sends the file ?

2-) Am i able to choose different octane settings ?

3-) Raised rpm is dangerous or not ? 8300 VS 8600,8500 ?

Can you explain these question in detail please,because i live in turkey not in the states so i need to be sure when purchasing a remap.

Thank you for your time.


1. ESS can send an E Flash cable so that you can read your M3's original file and email it to ESS for processing. ESS will then email you a tuned file to install on the car.

2. ESS will create a tune for your country's local fuel quality.

3. You can raise the RPM limit slightly to about 8,500 RPM.

I hope that helps!
__________________
Ilia@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
M3Denver
Lieutenant
 
M3Denver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Denver CO

Posts: 423
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C|3R1C
I heard from a technician that the stock rpm limit is very conservative for the car and that it can run 10k rpm no problem. Some people also have the raised limiter and have had no problems. But personally I feel the stock setting is more than enough and to stay on the side of safety and any possible warranty problems.
I would have to see this 10k rpm mod to believe it honestly .
M3Denver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
Roman@ESS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Roman@ESS's Avatar
 
Drives: ESS Supercharged E92 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: AZ

Posts: 2,603
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
1. ESS can send an E Flash cable so that you can read your M3's original file and email it to ESS for processing. ESS will then email you a tuned file to install on the car.

2. ESS will create a tune for your country's local fuel quality.

3. You can raise the RPM limit slightly to about 8,500 RPM.

I hope that helps!
Beat me to it
__________________
Web: www.esstuning.com
Email: Roman@esstuning.com
Phone: (480) 525-9155
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram esstuning
Roman@ESS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #8
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,214
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver View Post
I would have to see this 10k rpm mod to believe it honestly .
You might see it............Once.
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
M3Denver
Lieutenant
 
M3Denver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Denver CO

Posts: 423
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
You might see it............Once.
lol then replace the engine. If there was a legit mod for 10k rpm id be all over it.
M3Denver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #10
M3Denver
Lieutenant
 
M3Denver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Denver CO

Posts: 423
iTrader: (0)

alternatively i could spend ... 25k for a used Judd v8 or 50k for a new one and get 10000rpm about 580hp. Judd engineering also builds the v8 using the m3 as a base to create race motors that rev to 10000rpm
M3Denver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #11
C|3R1C
So Kewl Guy
 
C|3R1C's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 502
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by C|3R1C
I heard from a technician that the stock rpm limit is very conservative for the car and that it can run 10k rpm no problem. Some people also have the raised limiter and have had no problems. But personally I feel the stock setting is more than enough and to stay on the side of safety and any possible warranty problems.
I would have to see this 10k rpm mod to believe it honestly .
Not a mod. He said the engine could take it and not die. As for real world use, many other components related to the engine would fail. I don't have specifics and I do not believe it wasn't meant to be a hard number, but rather more of a reference to the engine was rather well built and can hold the 8600 limit increase well. I still stand by the fact that going over the stock limiter couple pose problems for actual usage.
__________________
2010 E93 M3 / AA Catless X-Pipe / AA Catback / AA Pulley / Vorsteiner Vented Hood and Bootlid E93 Trunk / ADV1 7.1 Wheels GB / LS3 LED Lights / AFE Stage 2 / Velos Designwerks Tune
C|3R1C is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2012, 03:54 AM   #12
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Mike Benvo's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E90 M3 / 400whp Turbo 7
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,638
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by C|3R1C View Post
Not a mod. He said the engine could take it and not die. As for real world use, many other components related to the engine would fail. I don't have specifics and I do not believe it wasn't meant to be a hard number, but rather more of a reference to the engine was rather well built and can hold the 8600 limit increase well. I still stand by the fact that going over the stock limiter couple pose problems for actual usage.
8,600 is fine. 10K different story. Nearing 9300 is suicide.

I think you'd get valve float @ 9,500 but there's no question as to the strength of the motor. It has very beefy double valve springs too.
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Mike Benvo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #13
In Extremis
Jordan C
 
In Extremis's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MR E92 M3, 65 GTO
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 371
iTrader: (1)


even this engine only goes to 9000
__________________
Melbourne Red E92 M3 DCT Sparco CF/Alcantara DTM Seats.KW3 Coilovers.Apex Wheels.OEM Performance Spoiler with CRT Theme & Splitters.Turner Subframe Mounts.Vorshlag Camber Plates.RD Sway Bars.AD08s 265/295.15 lb. Braille Battery.Catless Gintani Race.ESS Tune.Dinan Pulley.MS2 Intake.100 Octane Mix.Schroth Harnesses.Challenge Harness Bar in MR.Challenge Toe Link.Krics R40.Turner Studs/Pedals.SS Lines.Rear Seat Delete & more I can't remember
In Extremis is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST