BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Strasse Wheels

06-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #23
PaneristiDriver
Banned
Rep

Drives: M3 Coupe

While Dinan does have some nice products, most of his stuff is matched or beaten by other manufacturers in terms of quality and or sound, or power. What he gives you is the warranty that other aftermarkets manufacturers dont. If thats worth it then by all means. Ive used dinans products and only found them to be decent overall and not truly compelling when looking for something or something new.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #24
Stealth ///M
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92involved
Lol are you trying to say I am not knowledgable and that I don't have a wastegate on my setup. Since there is no downpipe its to the atmosphere buddy...thanks for your fine words.
That's not a wastegate, but it sure is pretty.

It's a blow off valve.

Wastegates are strictly for turbo cars, they connect to the downpipe.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #25
e92involved
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth ///M View Post
That's not a wastegate, but it sure is pretty.

It's a blow off valve.

Wastegates are strictly for turbo cars, they connect to the downpipe.
Its classified by Tial as the same thing. I have heard the term of blow-off values for turbo cars too. Sorry the exact proper term wasn't used, but your comment was unnecessary. Happy motoring to you if I have any-other questions about the car I built ill be sure to PM you.
      06-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #26
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Would prefer to buy a stroker kit over a supercharger, but since I could buy two super charger kits before getting to the price of that thing, it's not on the radar unfortunately
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #27
Stealth ///M
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92involved
Its classified by Tial as the same thing. I have heard the term of blow-off values for turbo cars too. Sorry the exact proper term wasn't used, but your comment was unnecessary. Happy motoring to you if I have any-other questions about the car I built ill be sure to PM you.
Tial sells both blow off valves and waste gates. Just FYI. Who did the install?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #28
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth ///M View Post
You have a wastegate on a supercharged car? Is it vented to the atmosphere, or the downpipe?

Wow..

Gotta love the knowledgable owners.
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92involved View Post
Stroker is nice but alot of cash. Would rather have my VF everyday of the week. Plus the stroker doesnt make the noise my Tial wastegate makes when I take my foot off throttle
A stroker sure doesn't have the power of SC or the BOV sound and costs twice as much, but it has the throttle response that a blown engine with centri can only dream about it. There are some people out there that love and appreciate NA power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaneristiDriver View Post
While Dinan does have some nice products, most of his stuff is matched or beaten by other manufacturers in terms of quality and or sound, or power.
I agree that Dinan makes really over priced stuff. But their products quality is top notch.

EDIT: BTW love the BMW tax. I found a TVR Speed Six motor sitting in London, sent it to Iran. Bought a stroker kit for it and sent it. The cost? $12,000 and that includes the price of the motor as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #29
1backdoc
Private
Rep

Drives: 2007 550i Dinan St.II

apples and oranges

The question should be, what kind of car are you building?
A 1/4 mile 3500 lb car, SC would be better. $15K, not as durable...
Endurance race car that you can dog for two or three hours like Scott Pruitt,
Dinan Stroker, $30K, The reason BMW/Chip Ganassi used his engines for their American team. They are sick and durable..