BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
jc05e46m3
Colonel
45
Rep
2,539
Posts

 
Drives: '15 YMB/SO M4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Coding

Anyone do coding in the Hampton Roads/Richmond Area?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
skypx's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
669
Posts

 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
Anyone do coding in the Hampton Roads/Richmond Area?
I'm also looking for someone in the Newport news/Williamsburg area but I think all the coders are closer to the D.C. area.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,121
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Mike Benvo does remote coding. So you can get it done from the comfort of your home.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
skypx's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
669
Posts

 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Mike Benvo does remote coding. So you can get it done from the comfort of your home.
I think I pissed him off with my comments in the 2012 Nav Map Update thread. He has been MIA since then.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #5
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,121
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypx View Post
I think I pissed him off with my comments in the 2012 Nav Map Update thread. He has been MIA since then.
Just send a PM.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
skypx's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
669
Posts

 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

I sent him a PM about a week ago and he did not reply. I truly believe I pissed him off.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,121
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypx View Post
I sent him a PM about a week ago and he did not reply. I truly believe I pissed him off.
It's possible. But, with all the emails and PMs he gets along with the custom work he does, he's just quite busy. I talked to him yesterday and he's just constantly busy trying to catch up.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #8
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
130
Rep
6,481
Posts

 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypx View Post
I think I pissed him off with my comments in the 2012 Nav Map Update thread. He has been MIA since then.
i am sure i pissed him off
but then again
he wanted to charge good money for something i was providing for free
so he deserves it i guess
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
skypx's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
669
Posts

 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
It's possible. But, with all the emails and PMs he gets along with the custom work he does, he's just quite busy. I talked to him yesterday and he's just constantly busy trying to catch up.
Yea, I hoping that's the case, but if it's not life goes on. I ordered the cable a couple of days ago so it should be here soon and I'll learn how to do it myself. With a BA in information systems technology I should be able to figure out the basics.

Last edited by skypx; 06-08-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #10
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
skypx's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
669
Posts

 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
i am sure i pissed him off
but then again
he wanted to charge good money for something i was providing for free
so he deserves it i guess
At first I thought it was funny until it was clear he was really getting pissed. Then I was just disappointed.

Anyhoo, kmarei I agree with you 100%.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #11
Raja Ventureshield
Banned
Raja Ventureshield's Avatar
United_States
83
Rep
5,694
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (6)

Karem,

you are doing coding now? sweet.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #12
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
130
Rep
6,481
Posts

 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
Karem,

you are doing coding now? sweet.
i wish!
no, i had a link for the contents of the 2012 DVD update for the navigation system
he was trying to sell the dvd copies
i'd love to do an amber delete for the oange LED in the headlight
annoys the hell out of me
ruins the look of the angel eyes at night
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #13
Raja Ventureshield
Banned
Raja Ventureshield's Avatar
United_States
83
Rep
5,694
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
i wish!
no, i had a link for the contents of the 2012 DVD update for the navigation system
he was trying to sell the dvd copies
i'd love to do an amber delete for the oange LED in the headlight
annoys the hell out of me
ruins the look of the angel eyes at night
maybe next time when i go to see Joe, you can come along.

ahhh. yeah, i think that's crazy selling copied dvd in this day and age.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #14
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
130
Rep
6,481
Posts

 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
maybe next time when i go to see Joe, you can come along.

ahhh. yeah, i think that's crazy selling copied dvd in this day and age.
yes please!

agreed
i mean if you are going to pirate copyright software, at least do it the right way
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #15
cshawkeye
Lieutenant
cshawkeye's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
465
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alexandria

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to cshawkeye
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
i am sure i pissed him off
but then again
he wanted to charge good money for something i was providing for free
so he deserves it i guess
I owe you a 6 pack. Your NAS in which you were hosting the DVDs came in handy for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #16
cshawkeye
Lieutenant
cshawkeye's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
465
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alexandria

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to cshawkeye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
maybe next time when i go to see Joe, you can come along.

ahhh. yeah, i think that's crazy selling copied dvd in this day and age.
Add me to the interested group.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #17
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
130
Rep
6,481
Posts

 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshawkeye View Post
I owe you a 6 pack. Your NAS in which you were hosting the DVDs came in handy for me.
glad it helped
believe it or not i haven't gotten a chance to update my maps yet
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #18
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
skypx's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
669
Posts

 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
glad it helped
believe it or not i haven't gotten a chance to update my maps yet
If you drop it off at the house I'll update it for you. Free of charge!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #19
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
skypx's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
669
Posts

 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
glad it helped
believe it or not i haven't gotten a chance to update my maps yet
You should try the USB drive method. Apparently all you have to do is copy all 3 ISO to the root directory and the car should detect and update. A user stated it took less than 30 minutes.....?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #20
cshawkeye
Lieutenant
cshawkeye's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
465
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alexandria

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to cshawkeye
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypx View Post
You should try the USB drive method. Apparently all you have to do is copy all 3 ISO to the root directory and the car should detect and update. A user stated it took less than 30 minutes.....?
Yeah you are right I didn't get a chance to try that but you will need a 32GB flash drive. I honestly think its a dam shame how much they charge you to update the maps. If you buy a stand alone navigation unit the updates usually are free. I understand if it was like 79.99 for the update and labor but its a load of you know what.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #21
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
130
Rep
6,481
Posts

 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypx View Post
If you drop it off at the house I'll update it for you. Free of charge!
thats a tempting offer
where do you live?
i live in reston, about 5 minutes from Dulles Airport
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #22
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
skypx's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
669
Posts

 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshawkeye View Post
Yeah you are right I didn't get a chance to try that but you will need a 32GB flash drive. I honestly think its a dam shame how much they charge you to update the maps. If you buy a stand alone navigation unit the updates usually are free. I understand if it was like 79.99 for the update and labor but its a load of you know what.
Yea your right. I love the car but damm........ Sometimes I feel like a made a deal with the devil!

The wife has the X5 and when we ordered it she did not want sat radio so we didn't get it. Anyway, I was bored the other day so I contacted siriusxm via online chat and I found out the X5 has a sat radio installed. So being the smart person I am, I asked them to activate it (first year free). The next thing I did was call my local BMW stealership to see how much it will cost to enable sat radio. The SA said $750, I said no I already have the radio installed I just need the option enabled, the SA replied I understand. It costs $750 to enable the sat radio feature + $850 for the radio............

I thought I was going to vomit.................
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST