BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Engine | Drivetrain | Exhaust

Evolve Automotive

02-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
P@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: Quick enough

Evolve: New Tune Options - Catless 02 Ready Tune - COMPLETE

Evolve S65 Tune Option Update

After our extensive testing we have officially launched our Catless 02 Ready tune.

Though our 'Stage 2' tune has been available for several years with a large proportion of our customers running this, we have recently revisited the tune at our customers request to have a very specific feature - to remove the dashboard CEL whilst ALSO retaining the 02 sensor 'readiness'.

We have now successfully implemented this feature, so all new Stage 2 Catless tunes (just headers or completely catless) will automatically receive this new feature set.

You can select this option on our listing page here:

If you don't require the 02 sensors to be in a ready state, simply do not select the option and we will supply the tune without that feature.

* The file itself is available from direct from our UK company, an online waiver must be signed that indicates you understand this file is only to be used off-road, as well as an admin fee of $20 via PayPal direct to the UK company.

For more information about our tune you can see it below:

And the important part... the tune.

Created with extensive research and testing the M3 ECU upgrade transforms power and drivability of the V8 engine. Developed with 100's of hours of dyno testing, datalogging and endurance testing we deliver 15-20hp/10lbft torque on a stock vehicle while retaining maximum safety margins.
Through careful remapping of the factory BMW DME tables, various elements such as ignition timing, fuel delivery, VANOS position and part throttles are reworked to create performance gains.

We also rework the torque calculations correctly to give consistent power.
The latest version of our ECU flash has been thoroughly developed and gives an actual gain in performance rather than just a quoted figure.

The result is an M3 that feels far sharper and pulls harder through the rev band, especially over 4500rpm.

Software versions for cars with center exhausts / x-pipes are also fully developed as can be seen by the lower graphs.

Stage 1 tune:

Other stages available - such as with Xpipe (same price, please specify your mods when ordering):

We only advertise our average figures based on the numerous runs we do in our in-house dyno. You will not find any glory run figures from us.

Options for the tune include:
  • Raise the rev limit
  • Engine Cold Startup Procedure Removal
  • Adjustability of throttle mapping
  • Top speed governor removal
  • Instant-Throttle Map option
  • Catless 02 Ready Tune option

Also!
  • Any updates/improvements to our tunes are supplied to our customers for free

Click here to visit the M3 listing on our website. Each purchase includes both the evolve-R remote tuning cable and the tune for your vehicle.

We look forward to hearing from you!
      02-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
kaiv
Major

Drives: E92 M3

Quick question: What is the point of the cold start procedure removal? And by that I mean why remove/what is to be gained by removing it?!
kaiv is offline   United_States
      02-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
P@Evolve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
Quick question: What is the point of the cold start procedure removal? And by that I mean why remove/what is to be gained by removing it?!
Its for those who prefer not to have the loud startup. Personally my neighborhood is quite compact and with a loud exhaust, and the startup procedure, I was getting quite a few complaints from the neighbors.

As the procedure is to warm-up the cats quicker, that are no longer there, its easier to disable the feature completely and stop them moaning
      02-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello

Drives: 1999 528I

Garage List
very nice sal!

EVOLVE BMW E92 M3
      02-29-2012, 01:51 AM   #5
flipm3
E46 + E90

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
I love the Stage 1 tune on my other wise stock car.

With the results of my E46 M3, maybe I should start saving up some dollars for the Evolve E-Tronic Exhaust and Stage 2 tune

Keep up the great work guys!
      02-29-2012, 04:59 AM   #6
P@Evolve

Thanks Guys
      02-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
IMG
VT3

Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Very nice Paul !

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
      03-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
Bushido Brown
Private

Drives: 2013 MCB M5

So with this O2 ready tune, it will allow us to pass an OBDII only test?
      03-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #9
flipm3
E46 + E90

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido Brown View Post
So with this O2 ready tune, it will allow us to pass an OBDII only test?
From my personal experience on my 100% catless E46 M3 with the same catless O2 ready tune, I have not pulled any codes, CEL, or post-cat O2 insufficiency errors in over 1000 miles.

I have checked codes using the evolve-R, Peake, Autologic, and INPA.

All my sensors remain in steady state with my off-road exhaust setup.

With my street legal high flow cats, I also remainder in 100% readiness state.
      03-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #10
Bushido Brown
Private

Drives: 2013 MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
From my personal experience on my 100% catless E46 M3 with the same catless O2 ready tune, I have not pulled any codes, CEL, or post-cat O2 insufficiency errors in over 1000 miles.

I have checked codes using the evolve-R, Peake, Autologic, and INPA.

All my sensors remain in steady state with my off-road exhaust setup.

With my street legal high flow cats, I also remainder in 100% readiness state.
Thanks. Looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on this soon.
      03-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #11
P@Evolve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido Brown View Post
Thanks. Looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on this soon.
Thanks!
      03-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #12
kyleb350
Brigadier General

Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Nice! I'll probably be upgrading my stage 1 to this when the weather gets warmer.
kyleb350 is offline   United_States
      06-27-2012, 05:53 AM   #13
Yamdan
Private

Drives: M3

Ok I have gone down the route Evolve with my M3 E92 :-)

When I got my M3 a few months ago I had already set my mind to get some sort of tune for it.
Contacted a few of the Swedish tuners and got so fuzzy answers so didnt dare to use any of them.
So I started to read all the forums I could find about tuning the M3 engine.

After a few weeks it was quite clear to me that for me it was either Evolve or ESS.
What made me choose Evolve I can honestly say was the fast answers from Imran and Sal! I Had and might have a lot of questions before I choose a tune for my beloved car. I want the best and safest option!
As I said I contacted Evolve (Imran) and got a very fast answer and didnt hear anything from Ess in a few days so of cause I choose Evolve. :-)

Did get the Stage 1 tune first and after a few tanks of fuel I more and more liked it :-).
Picked of so much better than the stock car.

BUT one thing that has been bothering me is that bloody awful cold start cycle!! Cant see why the heck people like it lol.

And did get the info from Sal that I really should consider getting rid of the primary cats to got for the Stage 2 map.
And so I did :-). Milltek backbox, no primary cats, a K&N filter on the car and a file order from Sal with.

.Stage 2 file
.No Cel light
.No Start up cycle :-)
.No Speedlimit
.98octane fuel (european octane!!)

And I have to say the tuning solution from Evolve is just superb!! So easy to use and fast as well.
I tune a lot of bikes in my work by going inside stock Ecu and that is just a pain compared to this solution.

The first thing I noticed was of cause a normal idle! wooohooooo at last a normal sounding car. No more idiotic airpumps and crap.
So so nice.... :-)

Still need to get the car to adapt to this new file and no primary cats but its seems like the car is using less fuel with this new file!?

But it pulls so hard from midrev and up! So much fun! Im used to high reving bike enginges (Work for Yamaha) that having a cars sounding like this is amazing.

Will be intresting to so how I feel when the cars has fully adapted to this new stage.

And what should my next step be? Pulleys?
      07-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #14
Fen335i
Captain

Drives: e92 M3 / Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamdan View Post
Ok I have gone down the route Evolve with my M3 E92 :-)

When I got my M3 a few months ago I had already set my mind to get some sort of tune for it.
Contacted a few of the Swedish tuners and got so fuzzy answers so didnt dare to use any of them.
So I started to read all the forums I could find about tuning the M3 engine.

After a few weeks it was quite clear to me that for me it was either Evolve or ESS.
What made me choose Evolve I can honestly say was the fast answers from Imran and Sal! I Had and might have a lot of questions before I choose a tune for my beloved car. I want the best and safest option!
As I said I contacted Evolve (Imran) and got a very fast answer and didnt hear anything from Ess in a few days so of cause I choose Evolve. :-)

Did get the Stage 1 tune first and after a few tanks of fuel I more and more liked it :-).
Picked of so much better than the stock car.

BUT one thing that has been bothering me is that bloody awful cold start cycle!! Cant see why the heck people like it lol.

And did get the info from Sal that I really should consider getting rid of the primary cats to got for the Stage 2 map.
And so I did :-). Milltek backbox, no primary cats, a K&N filter on the car and a file order from Sal with.

.Stage 2 file
.No Cel light
.No Start up cycle :-)
.No Speedlimit
.98octane fuel (european octane!!)

And I have to say the tuning solution from Evolve is just superb!! So easy to use and fast as well.
I tune a lot of bikes in my work by going inside stock Ecu and that is just a pain compared to this solution.

The first thing I noticed was of cause a normal idle! wooohooooo at last a normal sounding car. No more idiotic airpumps and crap.
So so nice.... :-)

Still need to get the car to adapt to this new file and no primary cats but its seems like the car is using less fuel with this new file!?

But it pulls so hard from midrev and up! So much fun! Im used to high reving bike enginges (Work for Yamaha) that having a cars sounding like this is amazing.

Will be intresting to so how I feel when the cars has fully adapted to this new stage.

And what should my next step be? Pulleys?
Great review, thanks! Has your car adapted to the new stage 2 tune now? (It's been a week). What do you think now? Any changes since your review on the 29th?
      07-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #15
Yamdan
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen335i View Post
Great review, thanks! Has your car adapted to the new stage 2 tune now? (It's been a week). What do you think now? Any changes since your review on the 29th?
Well the car is still adapting since I havent had time to drive it as much as I would have liked to.
But the fuelconsumption has gone up to the more normal and I guess this has with the adaption to do.

But car feels good and really strong over 4000rpm
Below 4000rpm its hard to tell if I feel any difference.

But what I can feel is the removal of the cold start cycle.. Car is not at all that sluggish the first few mins. And no horrible sound from the air fans...

I dont know if Sal or Imran reads this thread but if you guys do can you please give me an answer what my next step would be?
Underdrive pulleys?
New Air filter/box? (have a KN filter in it)

And what brands?

I have a hard time seeing the Airbox "mod" beeing something you can gain from even if I seen "some" good dynos from it.. But Im open for suggestions
      07-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #16
flipm3
E46 + E90

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I dont know if Sal or Imran reads this thread but if you guys do can you please give me an answer what my next step would be?
Underdrive pulleys?

And what brands?

I have a hard time seeing the Airbox "mod" beeing something you can gain from even if I seen "some" good dynos from it.. But Im open for suggestions
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670025

Do it!!
      07-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #17
Yamdan
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Yeah I WISH I could! But have two kids that need food on the table AND a wife that would kill me as well lol
      07-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #18
Fen335i
Captain

Drives: e92 M3 / Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Well the car is still adapting since I havent had time to drive it as much as I would have liked to.
But the fuelconsumption has gone up to the more normal and I guess this has with the adaption to do.

But car feels good and really strong over 4000rpm
Below 4000rpm its hard to tell if I feel any difference.

But what I can feel is the removal of the cold start cycle.. Car is not at all that sluggish the first few mins. And no horrible sound from the air fans...

Underdrive pulleys?

And what brands?

Cool...are you running cat less?
      07-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #19
Yamdan
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen335i View Post
Cool...are you running cat less?
Removed the primary cat with stock x pipe and a Milltek backbox.