BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
tomtom11
Captain
36

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Earth


Posts: 612
iTrader: (1)

what BMW was this????

i was driving today and i say a BMW that looked exactly like the i8 concept. does anyone know what this was? i know what the normal 1,3,5,6,7 series look like and it was not like any of those. this was in Connecticut. does anyone have any idea what this car was?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
tomtom11
Captain
36

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Earth


Posts: 612
iTrader: (1)

it looked kinda like the M1 concept
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
347

 
SCOTT26's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE


Posts: 3,185
iTrader: (0)

The M1 hommage is in the BMW Museum in Munich.
__________________
Electrified
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
59

 
kyleb350's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL


Posts: 4,191
iTrader: (6)

kind of a stretch, but what about an old 8 series?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
tomtom11
Captain
36

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Earth


Posts: 612
iTrader: (1)

no i know what the 8 series looks like. this was a brand new modern car.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
tomtom11
Captain
36

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Earth


Posts: 612
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The M1 hommage is in the BMW Museum in Munich.
hahah i didnt mean it was an m1 i was just saying what it looked like
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
E36ic4Me
Private First Class
United_States
3

 
E36ic4Me's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4 & M3 Convertible
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area


Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

I'm guessing it was an E31.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
Doctor///M
Colonel
71

 
Doctor///M's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3, R56 MCS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA


Posts: 2,098
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [4.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2010 MINI Cooper S  [0.00]
title is definitely misleading... if there was no camo, then you were looking at an older model as above.
__________________
2015 BMW M3 (ED 03-11-14) /l\ Austin Yellow /i\ 6MT /l\ Exec Pkg /i\ HK Audio /l\ 437M
CCA Member
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #9
tomtom11
Captain
36

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Earth


Posts: 612
iTrader: (1)

i know what the 8 series looks like my dad used to have one. i promise thats not what it was.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #10
sdwtchlvr
New Member
0

 
Drives: X5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California


Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

I love that style of car...first BMW I remember taking notice of.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #11
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
74

 
M_BYEEE's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Camarillo, CA


Posts: 3,193
iTrader: (6)

Pretty sure we know what this is now! Was it the Zagato Coupe?!?!?!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #12
bimmerjph
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
36

 
bimmerjph's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tennessee


Posts: 1,974
iTrader: (0)

Z4?

Was it a coupe, sedan, vert?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 01:03 AM   #13
135iMike
First Lieutenant
27

 
Drives: 2012 White 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States


Posts: 336
iTrader: (1)

What about a 1 Series ActiveE? Was it white with circuitry looking decals on it?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 04:24 AM   #14
adriang
Captain
Canada
17

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nobleton


Posts: 617
iTrader: (0)

5 series gran turismo?
Chevy volt? Lol
__________________
2011 BMW 335d
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 01:48 AM   #15
Hula-Hula
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
51

 
Hula-Hula's Avatar
 
Drives: ♥
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nürburgring


Posts: 1,971
iTrader: (0)



__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #16
Draman
Second Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: e93 335i, S5
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CT


Posts: 214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom11 View Post
i was driving today and i say a BMW that looked exactly like the i8 concept. does anyone know what this was? i know what the normal 1,3,5,6,7 series look like and it was not like any of those. this was in Connecticut. does anyone have any idea what this car was?
I hate to add on to such an ambiguous thread but...was this in the Farmington, CT area that you saw this car? Silver? This morning I saw a silver BMW and I have no idea what it was. The thing was absolutely gorgeous. I pretty much assumed it was a new 6 series and logged onto BMWUSA when I got to work. I was going to buy a new 6 series based solely on what I saw this morning. Then I saw the 6 on BMW's site...definitely not what I saw. Looks just as portly as the old 6.

Whatever I saw this morning looked incredible. Low slung, wide. I don't think I'd really describe it as looking like an i8, but it definitely looked more like an i8 than anything else BMW is making. It looked like a true performance machine, whatever it was. The i8 has bicycle tires on it, they are ridiculously narrow. It does not look anything like a performance machine as a result.

I wish I knew what it was, I would buy it in a heart beat. Looking around BMW's site I just don't see anything that it could possibly be, maybe a 6 with a really extreme body kit makeover perhaps.
__________________
E93 Sapphire Black / Coral Red
Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|Nav|PDC|Active Steering|Sirius|Comfort Access

Audi S5 Ibis White / Tuscan Brown
Carbon Atlas|Audi Drive Select|Nav|B&O|Tech Package
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #17
Red Bread
Brigadier General
United_States
53

 
Drives: My wife's car
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,298
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Is it possible that you're thinking of the Fisker Latigo CS, a "coach built" 6er?

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #18
Draman
Second Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: e93 335i, S5
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CT


Posts: 214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Is it possible that you're thinking of the Fisker Latigo CS, a "coach built" 6er?

No, this thing was absolutely a BMW. It had roundels on it and all the "classic" modern BMW styling (character lines on the hood, kink, LED coronas that were not circular, but squared off, LED light tube tails etc). Besides that, that Fisker looks terrible in comparison to whatever I saw.
__________________
E93 Sapphire Black / Coral Red
Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|Nav|PDC|Active Steering|Sirius|Comfort Access

Audi S5 Ibis White / Tuscan Brown
Carbon Atlas|Audi Drive Select|Nav|B&O|Tech Package
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #19
tomtom11
Captain
36

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Earth


Posts: 612
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draman View Post
I hate to add on to such an ambiguous thread but...was this in the Farmington, CT area that you saw this car? Silver? This morning I saw a silver BMW and I have no idea what it was. The thing was absolutely gorgeous. I pretty much assumed it was a new 6 series and logged onto BMWUSA when I got to work. I was going to buy a new 6 series based solely on what I saw this morning. Then I saw the 6 on BMW's site...definitely not what I saw. Looks just as portly as the old 6.

Whatever I saw this morning looked incredible. Low slung, wide. I don't think I'd really describe it as looking like an i8, but it definitely looked more like an i8 than anything else BMW is making. It looked like a true performance machine, whatever it was. The i8 has bicycle tires on it, they are ridiculously narrow. It does not look anything like a performance machine as a result.

I wish I knew what it was, I would buy it in a heart beat. Looking around BMW's site I just don't see anything that it could possibly be, maybe a 6 with a really extreme body kit makeover perhaps.

yess. what the fuck was that thing? hahah it deffinitly wasnt the new 6 series i have seen that many times. but this thing looked very modern and new but it was not any of the normal series cars. i'm glad someone else saw it since i was starting to think i was going crazy. i think they were driving around a prototype or something haha
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #20
RupertPupkin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
54

 
RupertPupkin's Avatar
 
Drives: Freak Beast
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East


Posts: 1,534
iTrader: (5)

Did it look like this? This is the most current view of it people have seen. Your description sounds like the i8...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=498543




Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom11 View Post
yess. what the fuck was that thing? hahah it deffinitly wasnt the new 6 series i have seen that many times. but this thing looked very modern and new but it was not any of the normal series cars. i'm glad someone else saw it since i was starting to think i was going crazy. i think they were driving around a prototype or something haha
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #21
bimmerjph
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
36

 
bimmerjph's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tennessee


Posts: 1,974
iTrader: (0)

Look through here and see with you see it.

http://www.netcarshow.com/bmw/
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 03:08 AM   #22
keanu1
tiamat
Romania
71

 
keanu1's Avatar
 
Drives: 525 d
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: romania


Posts: 1,313
iTrader: (0)

maybe you saw bmw zagato
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST