BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #23
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
200
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
2K for a paint correction is actually reasonable if it's a really tough job

I've heard of more expensive paint corrections, and cheaper ones too
Pro-Mobile Detail said it was in the worst condition they've ever seen a car return from a shop. They said the entire car needed careful color sanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbreeze View Post
My friends IS300 had coilovers install by RANZ. It was downright atrocious, nothing was adjusted and it was not tightened. When we took it to TWS, Albert had to completely re-install the coilovers. He thought my buddy try to install it himself. He couldn't believe a shop had install it.

I have never gone there, nor will I ever will. After I saw the facebook messages it just solidified the fact that these guys are clowns.
That makes 3 people that I know of with this same issue.
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #24
TheClozer
First Lieutenant
TheClozer's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
310
Posts

 
Drives: AW e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Anaheim Hills

iTrader: (1)

Sorry you had to go through that ordeal man! Definitely staying away from these creeps.
__________________
<img src=http://www.m3post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5915&pictureid=32783 border=0 alt= />
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #25
ILSMKU
BMW FTW
ILSMKU's Avatar
No_Country
37
Rep
1,931
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ///OC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
2K for a paint correction is actually reasonable if it's a really tough job

I've heard of more expensive paint corrections, and cheaper ones too
I totally concur. 2K seems reasonable for a good quality job that many of us would be happy with.
__________________
///2013 AW 6MT E92 ZCP M3 ESS-550/// Black 359M Wheels/BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Spoiler and Mirror Caps/Arkym AeroSport Front Lip/Turner 15MM Spacers/LUX 8 LED Halo/IND Gloss Black Grills, Gills and M3 Emblem/30% 3M Tint/BMW Interior LED/MusicCar Subwoofer Enclosure/JL Audio 12" W6 Sub and XD600:1 Amp/Euro Sunglasses Tray/Ceramic Coated Megan Racing Exhaust/AFe Dry Air Filter/RPI Intake Scoops/Euro MDM/Feature Coded.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #26
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
62
Rep
5,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSquad:Neema View Post
It's not drama, it's a review about bad business. Here's one person.
i guess we differ in that... if it's not drama then why the repost when this situation occurred over 3 months ago. well at least that's how it seems since the link you provided to e90post was initially posted in the month of March.

i've talked to a few people that know about the details of this "drama," as i will continue to call it, and it seems both sides were told they did not handle it the way it should've been.

so with that said... i'm sorry you got such bad service from them but all the cars that i've seen leave that shop are in great condition. but that just my lowly opinion

good luck with whatever you want to happen in this situation.
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #27
kez25ez
Banned
1
Rep
130
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: OC714

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012f30 View Post
Yes they are but this guy is a new member of ES and is crying about things...anyone want to send him a pacifier...
new user and got banned lawl.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 02:09 AM   #28
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
285
Rep
15,812
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSquad:Neema View Post
Pro-Mobile Detail said it was in the worst condition they've ever seen a car return from a shop. They said the entire car needed careful color sanding..
I haven't seen too many cars in a bad condition...but i have seen way worse that yours....(not saying yours wasn't bad, it was bad)

The car I'm referring to cost more than a full Akra exhaust to do a paint correct on
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #29
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
200
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I haven't seen too many cars in a bad condition...but i have seen way worse that yours....(not saying yours wasn't bad, it was bad)

The car I'm referring to cost more than a full Akra exhaust to do a paint correct on
Yikes! So, $2,000 was reasonable then.
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #30
MTV
Banned
Canada
56
Rep
1,906
Posts

 
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Bunch of fucking clowns.....

The messages seal the deal. RANZ MOTORSPORT FTL....
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #31
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
200
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
i guess we differ in that... if it's not drama then why the repost when this situation occurred over 3 months ago. well at least that's how it seems since the link you provided to e90post was initially posted in the month of March.

i've talked to a few people that know about the details of this "drama," as i will continue to call it, and it seems both sides were told they did not handle it the way it should've been.

so with that said... i'm sorry you got such bad service from them but all the cars that i've seen leave that shop are in great condition. but that just my lowly opinion

good luck with whatever you want to happen in this situation.
Thank you.
It's not a repost. This is the 1st review. The detailing review didn't include Ranz's name until this week.
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #32
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Brucewonder's Avatar
17
Rep
1,544
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (4)

can someone post a link to their shop...so i can avoid them

bad customer service...I sure wont put up with that.
__________________
2011.5 E92 ///M3 SSII/FR
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #33
StrifeM3
Colonel
StrifeM3's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
2,803
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 MCB E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Walnut/Placentia

iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to StrifeM3
Any company that talks like that to there customers is bad news to me I wouldnt deal with them period...
__________________
| 2013 M3 Coupe | Individual Monte Carlo Blue | Black Novilla Extended with Tobago Blue Stitching | 6MT | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim |
| BPM Sport Tune | OSS Headlights | HRE590RS | Brembo | Dinan Intake | Dinan Pulley | Dinan Strut Tower | Dinan Midpipe | Akra Slip-on | Valentine 1 Built-in Radar Detector

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
After buying the M, I now consider oil companies drug dealers.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #34
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
75
Rep
6,775
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3BAUS View Post
new TROLL and got banned lawl.
Fixed
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #35
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
62
Rep
5,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSquad:Neema View Post
Thank you.
It's not a repost. This is the 1st review. The detailing review didn't include Ranz's name until this week.
really? it looks like you started that other thread in March and it says RANZ MOTORSPORT right at the end of the first post. although it does say you edit your post on June 5 @ 2am. you could have just added that last paragraph but to me it looks like you are bringing up old news and trying to drag shit through the mud... especially after talking with my friends in EuroSquad.

but to each his own. you can choose to give negative reviews about whomever you choose.
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #36
M3anS65
Private
M3anS65's Avatar
3
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 pre production AW/FR m3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Wow, that has to be the most unprofessional customer service i have ever seen. Goodluck OP.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #37
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
200
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
really? it looks like you started that other thread in March and it says RANZ MOTORSPORT right at the end of the first post. although it does say you edit your post on June 5 @ 2am. you could have just added that last paragraph but to me it looks like you are bringing up old news and trying to drag shit through the mud... especially after talking with my friends in EuroSquad.

but to each his own. you can choose to give negative reviews about whomever you choose.
Also added at the same time original post was edited. That was a review for innovative detailing. Paint wasn't the only issue. This is the 1st review about my experience at Ranz. They earned their negative review.
Attached Images
 
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals

Last edited by Neema; 06-08-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 12:30 AM   #38
DARK_M3
Banned
33
Rep
1,294
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (3)

Ahh.. posted in the right section now.

The guy isn't stirring shit up. He's giving a heads up. It's called situational awareness and it saves lives in certain situations much less saves money and grief here. Bravo.

It also doesn't matter if 8 out of 10 cars that Ranz does are absolute perfection. The language and manner in which he conducted himself tells me all I need to know about this... person.

Regards..

Dark
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 03:58 AM   #39
socalbreeze
Obey This
socalbreeze's Avatar
Taiwan
7
Rep
551
Posts

 
Drives: Ghibli SQ4, Cayenne S 958
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SOCAL 626!!

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
really? it looks like you started that other thread in March and it says RANZ MOTORSPORT right at the end of the first post. although it does say you edit your post on June 5 @ 2am. you could have just added that last paragraph but to me it looks like you are bringing up old news and trying to drag shit through the mud... especially after talking with my friends in EuroSquad.

but to each his own. you can choose to give negative reviews about whomever you choose.
I'm just curious to know what would you have done if it happened to you. Some of the stuff you said, don't make sense at all. Did you even look at the messages RANZ regurgitated at OP??!! He spend his money there, not only did the shop completedly screwed up the work, then they had the audacity to cuss out OP like he was some roadkill. Unbelievable, if you are a fanboy just come out and say it.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #40
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
62
Rep
5,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSquad:Neema View Post
Also added at the same time original post was edited. That was a review for innovative detailing. Paint wasn't the only issue. This is the 1st review about my experience at Ranz. They earned their negative review.
alright... granted. i did say that in the post that you may have added the Ranz portion in. i apologize cause it did look like you had started it in MARCH and brought up the fact that Ranz messed up your paint. now that you've clarified that it was an edit then that is clear.

Believe me, i feel bad about your situation... just after reading the story from your post, calling the people i know of ES as well as folks at Ranz, TO ME, i feel like it was pretty blown out of proportion on both sides. i'm not going to "rat" on anyone or let it be known the details i heard from people NOT directly involved in the situation but by the OPs friends and teammates. but good luck with whatever it is you're trying to accomplish... i have no qualms against you, just trying to clarify as best possible for myself


Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbreeze View Post
I'm just curious to know what would you have done if it happened to you. Some of the stuff you said, don't make sense at all. Did you even look at the messages RANZ regurgitated at OP??!! He spend his money there, not only did the shop completedly screwed up the work, then they had the audacity to cuss out OP like he was some roadkill. Unbelievable, if you are a fanboy just come out and say it.
first off... don't dare call me a fanboy. if you knew every single detail then i could tell you what i would've done to the tee. but YOU DON'T! so, i'll just say IF i paid them money to do work on my car then i would trust that they will remedy any situation that may arise. Of course this is provided that i'm not a dick, not rushing them, and not trying to get the cheapest price possible (BTW... i'm NOT saying the OP did any of that).

i know i'm doing this in the wrong order but... secondly, the stuff i've said does not make sense? that sucks, cause i'm trying to be as clear and objective as possible. sure, i know Jay at Ranz and i have had minor work done by them. but i'm not his best friend and i'm not here to defend him til the death. and YES, i did look at the messages and i also know he's been known to have a short fuse. i'm not saying it was the right thing to do at all but just putting it out there. with that said... please explain to me which part you believe i'm not making sense. i'll try to clarify for you
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #41
socalbreeze
Obey This
socalbreeze's Avatar
Taiwan
7
Rep
551
Posts

 
Drives: Ghibli SQ4, Cayenne S 958
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SOCAL 626!!

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
alright... granted. i did say that in the post that you may have added the Ranz portion in. i apologize cause it did look like you had started it in MARCH and brought up the fact that Ranz messed up your paint. now that you've clarified that it was an edit then that is clear.

Believe me, i feel bad about your situation... just after reading the story from your post, calling the people i know of ES as well as folks at Ranz, TO ME, i feel like it was pretty blown out of proportion on both sides. i'm not going to "rat" on anyone or let it be known the details i heard from people NOT directly involved in the situation but by the OPs friends and teammates. but good luck with whatever it is you're trying to accomplish... i have no qualms against you, just trying to clarify as best possible for myself




first off... don't dare call me a fanboy. if you knew every single detail then i could tell you what i would've done to the tee. but YOU DON'T! so, i'll just say IF i paid them money to do work on my car then i would trust that they will remedy any situation that may arise. Of course this is provided that i'm not a dick, not rushing them, and not trying to get the cheapest price possible (BTW... i'm NOT saying the OP did any of that).

i know i'm doing this in the wrong order but... secondly, the stuff i've said does not make sense? that sucks, cause i'm trying to be as clear and objective as possible. sure, i know Jay at Ranz and i have had minor work done by them. but i'm not his best friend and i'm not here to defend him til the death. and YES, i did look at the messages and i also know he's been known to have a short fuse. i'm not saying it was the right thing to do at all but just putting it out there. with that said... please explain to me which part you believe i'm not making sense. i'll try to clarify for you
Yo I dont wanna stray too much off from the topic, since OP posted this to warn people about a shop, in this particular incident its RANZ. I just didn't understand what you were insinuating when you had said that OP is stirring things up, IMHO, I don't think he is. He is merely saying he had a horrible experience with them which is perfectly understandable.

I didn't even know you personally know guys at RANZ, but from your post, sounded like you were taking sides with the shop. Anyhow, I assume Jay at RANZ is a business owner, short fuse or not he has ABSOLUTELY no right to tell off a customer in a manner he conducted himself. I'm a business owner, theres no way in hell I would ever talk to my customers in such way, especially knowning the fact that we, as a business had under-performed in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #42
johnhk79
Major
johnhk79's Avatar
14
Rep
1,124
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

fun read
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 01:28 AM   #43
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
200
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

Lied to me and told me they purchased OEM M3 rear bumper to use for it's fender flares, like I had asked for, but actually used a bunch of bondo and charged me $760 for parts and labor they never did. Jay even went so far as to tell me they plastic welded everything. Straight up lie.



__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #44
DARK_M3
Banned
33
Rep
1,294
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhk79 View Post
fun read
More like educational read. Shitty customer service, long wait times, even having to redo work can all happen from time to time.

But dishonesty... is a straight up business killer. Ranz, you've been branded. Done.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST