BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #23
bobbyd1961
Banned
 
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: new jersey

Posts: 2,411
iTrader: (0)

im going to ask my dealer. they are the only ones who ever serviced my car. mine is up next may 4th year
bobbyd1961 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #24
M5V10
Private
 
M5V10's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: va

Posts: 90
iTrader: (0)

So I passed by Fairfax Bmw a couple days ago to find out about extending my warranty for my 2008 M3 since mine expires in Aug. They want $5000 for the platinum which covers everything 2yrs/100k and thats with the Costco discount. And the finance manager told me any bmw dealership I go to will give me the same price because the pricing comes from BMW and not the dealership.
M5V10 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #25
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,470
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5V10 View Post
So I passed by Fairfax Bmw a couple days ago to find out about extending my warranty for my 2008 M3 since mine expires in Aug. They want $5000 for the platinum which covers everything 2yrs/100k and thats with the Costco discount. And the finance manager told me any bmw dealership I go to will give me the same price because the pricing comes from BMW and not the dealership.
Talk to Steve Thomas BMW, I did 2yr/100,000k mile Powertrain+ for just under $3000. There is always markup on the extended warranties.
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #26
M5V10
Private
 
M5V10's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: va

Posts: 90
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Talk to Steve Thomas BMW, I did 2yr/100,000k mile Powertrain+ for just under $3000. There is always markup on the extended warranties.

What does the the Powertrain+ exactly cover and not cover?
M5V10 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #27
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
 
MDyDinanM's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast

Posts: 2,085
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [3.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5V10
So I passed by Fairfax Bmw a couple days ago to find out about extending my warranty for my 2008 M3 since mine expires in Aug. They want $5000 for the platinum which covers everything 2yrs/100k and thats with the Costco discount. And the finance manager told me any bmw dealership I go to will give me the same price because the pricing comes from BMW and not the dealership.
Haha

I bought mine at FFX but I shopped around first and got quotes from different dealers. Then I got the lowest price and pitted them against each other. FFX best them all.

I'm willing to bet they can budge on the price. Also, Platinum doesn't cover everything. I have the platinum too. It is the most comprehensive, but it is an exclusionary warranty (which is good) and lists what is not covered. Items that are not covered can be found in a sample contract. Ask for one or read one of my earlier posts where I provided a link to m5board. It's posted in there. Powertrain warranty is the equivalent to a CPO warranty and only covers powertrain related items and engine components.

Who exactly did you talk to?
__________________
Retired: '06 BMW E46 ///M3
Current: '08 BMW E60 DINAN ///M5, Interlagos Blue, SMG
DINAN Stage 2 Suspension, Exhaust, Stage III Software, Front strut braces,
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
MDyDinanM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #28
Day Laborer
SK1(SW)
 
Day Laborer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 6MT M3 Alpine White
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Virginia

Posts: 496
iTrader: (5)

got me a third party warranty from the BMW dealership.
$2700 for gold package, 60,000 additional miles, for 4 years.
$100 deductible and shop rates and parts prices are prenegotiated with this particular dealership
Day Laborer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2012, 12:26 AM   #29
M5V10
Private
 
M5V10's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: va

Posts: 90
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
Haha

I bought mine at FFX but I shopped around first and got quotes from different dealers. Then I got the lowest price and pitted them against each other. FFX best them all.

I'm willing to bet they can budge on the price. Also, Platinum doesn't cover everything. I have the platinum too. It is the most comprehensive, but it is an exclusionary warranty (which is good) and lists what is not covered. Items that are not covered can be found in a sample contract. Ask for one or read one of my earlier posts where I provided a link to m5board. It's posted in there. Powertrain warranty is the equivalent to a CPO warranty and only covers powertrain related items and engine components.

Who exactly did you talk to?
I spoke with Maryiam at FFX. She was trying to talk me into leasing a new M3 but I don't want to go through the hassle of selling my car. I think I will pay a visit to sterling and passport.
M5V10 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #30
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
 
MDyDinanM's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast

Posts: 2,085
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [3.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
Haha

I bought mine at FFX but I shopped around first and got quotes from different dealers. Then I got the lowest price and pitted them against each other. FFX best them all.

I'm willing to bet they can budge on the price. Also, Platinum doesn't cover everything. I have the platinum too. It is the most comprehensive, but it is an exclusionary warranty (which is good) and lists what is not covered. Items that are not covered can be found in a sample contract. Ask for one or read one of my earlier posts where I provided a link to m5board. It's posted in there. Powertrain warranty is the equivalent to a CPO warranty and only covers powertrain related items and engine components.

Who exactly did you talk to?
I spoke with Maryiam at FFX. She was trying to talk me into leasing a new M3 but I don't want to go through the hassle of selling my car. I think I will pay a visit to sterling and passport.
Yeah Myriam is not the person to talk to.
__________________
Retired: '06 BMW E46 ///M3
Current: '08 BMW E60 DINAN ///M5, Interlagos Blue, SMG
DINAN Stage 2 Suspension, Exhaust, Stage III Software, Front strut braces,
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
MDyDinanM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST