BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Heel & Toe Apparel

07-30-2016, 03:53 PM   #1
EricsE92
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

M3 buddies

I moved from SoCal to the Central Floroida area about a year ago and outside of work haven't met too many enthusiasts and would enjoy to meet fellow m3 owners in the area just to check out each other's cars/mods/etc.I have a SG coupe all stock besides a muffler delete for the time being.

Some more info:
I'm 26, lived in California all my life until now which I miss the variety it offered dearly, including the car/motorcycle scene.

Besides the tracks obviously, is there any decent driving roads in the central Florida area? I'm used to being able to just hop in my car, grab a few buddies and head up the mountains for some nice cruises which Florida lacks completely ha any insight is appreciated!

Last edited by EricsE92; 07-30-2016 at 09:16 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
BigRussia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Dam your description of your time in Cali is exactly what is making me want to move there. Im in South Florida but yeah Florida in general doesn't have any good driving roads like in SoCal. I think though there's more tracks with track days and events up there than we do down here. I'm in the same boat as you though, just realized the other day all my buddies who I used to wrench with have moved away and I dont have any friends to work on or check out cars with anymore lol.

"Life's too short to be driving boring cars"
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 09:27 PM   #3
EricsE92
Enlisted Member
Rep

DO IT!! Trust me, when it comes to simple driving pleasures you won't regret it. I believe there's far more organized track days and an endless amount of mountain passes to enjoy.Technically the only advantage Florida has over California in the car scene is not being required to smog your car which really isn't that big of a deal & I've noticed police don't really hassle you here if you have a loud exhaust which is nice. I moved away and all my friends are still in Cali enjoying all that it offers.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 09:44 PM   #4
askjeeves
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/spece46

Unfortunately there aren't any roads here that match the mountain roads of Cali. Unless you like you go straight for miles on end. But, you're not too far from Sebring, and there are a lot of events held there throughout the year by various groups. You're also not too far from Daytona and Roebling, and a doable distance to road Atlanta and Homestead.
      08-01-2016, 08:28 PM   #5
E36Racer
Haters gonna hate
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, 1998 M3, 2011 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRussia View Post
Dam your description of your time in Cali is exactly what is making me want to move there. Im in South Florida but yeah Florida in general doesn't have any good driving roads like in SoCal. I think though there's more tracks with track days and events up there than we do down here. I'm in the same boat as you though, just realized the other day all my buddies who I used to wrench with have moved away and I dont have any friends to work on or check out cars with anymore lol.
BigRussia, I feel your pain. I'm new to Miami so all of my wrenching buddies are back in NJ. If you are ever looking to work on your car, I'm down to help and have enough tools to do just about anything in my garage.. Shoot me a PM sometime.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 08:43 AM   #6
BigRussia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
BigRussia, I feel your pain. I'm new to Miami so all of my wrenching buddies are back in NJ. If you are ever looking to work on your car, I'm down to help and have enough tools to do just about anything in my garage.. Shoot me a PM sometime.
Cool man will do! I don't have any major installs coming up other than maybe a Swift springs install in the future, I'll hit you up.

"Life's too short to be driving boring cars"
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 12:03 AM   #7
AndyPac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

if you are on social media fb/instagram check out bimmerfanatics. They have meets pretty often. As for driving the closest you will get for decent roads is out in Clermont/Mt Dora/Leesburg.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 02:28 PM   #8
EricsE92
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I'll have to cruise up to the Clermont area soon, but for the time being I went all out and drove to the Tail of the Dragon over this past weekend. I took many photos myself but I also paid for a few that were took my killboydotcom. Tail of th Dragon is intense as it's basically constant switchbacks the whole 11 miles which was fun, but dare I say tiring? From there I drove up Cherohala Skyway which was FAR BETTER. It was the best drive I've ever been on and that's saying a lot coming from California Mountains and Canyons and would actually repeat that road over the dragon. With that being said, I highly recommend both experiences without a doubt and it was worth the 1400 miles round trip over the weekend.

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 07:39 AM   #9
jt10mc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

I have the same color scheme as you. I have to get up to the Tail of the Dragon. I live in Tampa and not really many roads to really test you. I lived in SoCal back in the mid 80s to early 90's. Yep without a doubt the motorsports scene is better+the canyons and such to have a lot of fun drives through. I simply have a disdain for the taxes and government in that state. I have to hit that lottery thing so I can travel and race...
2001 330xi SOLD
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2016, 11:40 AM   #10
91foxbody
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

I own an E90, and reside in Orlando. When the weather cools off I'd love to go for a drive or two....it's just too damn hot right now.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 07:34 AM   #11
JupiterBMW
Self Proclaimed Roundel Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 & '13 F25 X3

I'm just a bit South in Palm Beach County... I used to live in California as well, do miss the driving. It doesn't make up for the other benefits of getting out though, so no complaints. Anyway, anyone in my area, hit me up.
2004 Alpine White 330i ZHP///2012 Alpine White X3 M Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 07:49 AM   #12
EricsE92
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt10mc View Post
I have the same color scheme as you. I have to get up to the Tail of the Dragon. I live in Tampa and not really many roads to really test you. I lived in SoCal back in the mid 80s to early 90's. Yep without a doubt the motorsports scene is better+the canyons and such to have a lot of fun drives through. I simply have a disdain for the taxes and government in that state. I have to hit that lottery thing so I can travel and race...

Nice! Can never go wrong with space gray! I just got new tires & lowered the M this weekend, sits much nicer now. On the topic of California expense, I've noticed since I've lived here it's substantially cheaper if you cross reference home prices and the overall cost of living. I feel as is California charges you for the environment it offers, even though it's mother natures doing. If I ever fall into a large sum of money I can't say I wouldn't go back & just deal with the taxes & communism lol
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 07:52 AM   #13
EricsE92
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
I'm just a bit South in Palm Beach County... I used to live in California as well, do miss the driving. It doesn't make up for the other benefits of getting out though, so no complaints. Anyway, anyone in my area, hit me up.

I try to cruise to the Jupiter/West Palm area a few times a month, next time I'm down in the area I'll have to hit you up for sure. I enjoy the Atlantic far more than the Gulf coast which is the opposite of most residents I've run into.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 07:54 AM   #14
JupiterBMW
Self Proclaimed Roundel Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 & '13 F25 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsE92
Quote:

I try to cruise to the Jupiter/West Palm area a few times a month, next time I'm down in the area I'll have to hit you up for sure. I enjoy the Atlantic far more than the Gulf coast which is the opposite of most residents I've run into.
Yeah for sure... I've got a wife and kids so I don't get out too much, but always willing to meet up with fellow enthusiasts. Also, for anyone in the area, there's a track here in Jupiter, Palm Beach International Raceway... A small track but a fun one.
2004 Alpine White 330i ZHP///2012 Alpine White X3 M Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 07:56 AM   #15
EricsE92
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91foxbody View Post
I own an E90, and reside in Orlando. When the weather cools off I'd love to go for a drive or two....it's just too damn hot right now.

NO JOKE! The weather lately has been just unbelievably hot! Seems hotter than last year when I arrived.Then I check the weather in San Diego and its 67 with a low of 61 and a high of 72 which causes me to get homesick instantly based on temperature alone. I also seem to get sunburned here much easier than Cali, the UV rays are no joke down here.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 09:17 AM   #16
91foxbody
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsE92 View Post
NO JOKE! The weather lately has been just unbelievably hot! Seems hotter than last year when I arrived.Then I check the weather in San Diego and its 67 with a low of 61 and a high of 72 which causes me to get homesick instantly based on temperature alone. I also seem to get sunburned here much easier than Cali, the UV rays are no joke down here.
The closer you get to the equator, the worse it gets. Fortunately, we have an amazing "winter" to look forward to.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 10:09 AM   #17
airwave808
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MCB E92

I recently moved to Tampa from Toronto as well and trying to meet fellow enthusiasts and learn a bit about the area and roads.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 03:53 PM   #18
EricsE92
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91foxbody View Post
The closer you get to the equator, the worse it gets. Fortunately, we have an amazing "winter" to look forward to.
That's what I've been told and the winters are nice but seem sooo short lived, I feel as if they last merely weeks then I'm back to sweating uncontrollably

Quote:
Yeah for sure... I've got a wife and kids so I don't get out too much, but always willing to meet up with fellow enthusiasts. Also, for anyone in the area, there's a track here in Jupiter, Palm Beach International Raceway... A small track but a fun one.
For sure, I'll have to look up that track as well! Now that I have new tires I could hit up the track confidently. We could maybe get a few M's to go like others have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave808 View Post
I recently moved to Tampa from Toronto as well and trying to meet fellow enthusiasts and learn a bit about the area and roads.
That's a HUGE move man! No more winter set up for you needed. Welcome btw, I'll be off Sunday if anyone in the area wants to meet up at some point.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 04:26 PM   #19
M3_Dylan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

I've got a AA S/C e90 and live out in Windermere, not to far from Orlando. I wouldn't mind hanging with some fellow M3 drivers. Cars and coffee in Orlando is pretty lame. But you guys are game for the hour drive down to Tampa. The cars and coffee down there is always a blast. Keep me in the loop if you guys do organize something!

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 04:29 PM   #20
M3_Dylan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Here's a pic of my car. Be sure to say hi if you see me around
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-28-2016, 07:29 PM   #21
AndyPac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_Dylan View Post
I've got a AA S/C e90 and live out in Windermere, not to far from Orlando. I wouldn't mind hanging with some fellow M3 drivers. Cars and coffee in Orlando is pretty lame. But you guys are game for the hour drive down to Tampa. The cars and coffee down there is always a blast. Keep me in the loop if you guys do organize something!
I went to C&C in Tampa and thought it was lame. West Palm Beach is supposed to be better but that's 2hrs away.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 09:53 PM   #22
M3_Dylan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPac
I went to C&C in Tampa and thought it was lame. West Palm Beach is supposed to be better but that's 2hrs away.
Really? I loved every Dupont cars and coffee I've attended. Especially the free catered breakfast at Dimmitt automotive group. But I guess different strokes for different folks :

Appreciate 0