BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
Colt's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,215
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Sleepwalking

Anyone else catch themselves sleep walking or been told by someone else they caught you sleepwalking? I caught myself sleep walking a few weeks ago. I don't remember walking downstairs in the nude, taking clothes out of the dryer, bringing them to the sofa, and folding them. Woke up in the middle of it and stopped and asked myself, "wait, what the hell am I doing?"

You have a weird experience sleep walking?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
E90SoFlo
Banned
53
Rep
2,675
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

iTrader: (9)

I use an app called Sleep cycle that tacks the movement of your phone throughout the night. Its pretty cool

I have never been caught sleep walking :P
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
1sikbmr's Avatar
46
Rep
3,283
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York

iTrader: (14)

I dont sleep walk.
__________________

E90 ///M3 6MT Atlantis Blue - Fox red #TEAMMODE
ESS VT1-550|Volk TE37|Recaro|STOPTECH|Ohlins R/T|Mode Carbon GT4 Lip|Umnitza V4 |Agency Power/Sosi/ACM Test Pipes|BMW PSW V1|
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
iBoost
Brigadier General
iBoost's Avatar
49
Rep
3,041
Posts

 
Drives: real slow
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (13)

i sleep talk all the time, sometimes when i say something pretty loud it'll wake me up
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
FwdFtl
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
86
Rep
266
Posts

 
Drives: E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

i once farted so loud in the middle of the night that it scared me...

scared the random girl that was in my bed too, which in turn scared me again cuz i was like "who dafuq are u?" and she was confused too. Alcohol is a helluva liquid.

that was a scary night
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
Italteen3
Captain
13
Rep
766
Posts

 
Drives: 135i JB
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere.....

iTrader: (0)

About four and a half years ago my mom woke me up late one winter morning to tell me I slept walked. I passed out on my couch around midnight and about 2:30-3am I apparently slept-walked in my parents bedroom and peed on my father's slippers while they were on the floor next to his bed and they were both sleeping. My mom told me she heard water running/splashing woke up and turned over to see me peeing yelled my name and I just mumbled something and went back to the couch. Didn't have anything to drink and don't remember any of it.

All I know was I couldn't stop laughing for a week and my dad was pissed his new 3 week old $90 slippers were ruined

I was 20 years old at the time, that normal?!?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
60
Rep
1,109
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fargo ND

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italteen3 View Post
About four and a half years ago my mom woke me up late one winter morning to tell me I slept walked. I passed out on my couch around midnight and about 2:30-3am I apparently slept-walked in my parents bedroom and peed on my father's slippers while they were on the floor next to his bed and they were both sleeping. My mom told me she heard water running/splashing woke up and turned over to see me peeing yelled my name and I just mumbled something and went back to the couch. Didn't have anything to drink and don't remember any of it.

All I know was I couldn't stop laughing for a week and my dad was pissed his new 3 week old $90 slippers were ruined

I was 20 years old at the time, that normal?!?
Lmao.

Ya pissed on your pas' slippers eh bro? Prolly not normal
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
SS32
Major
SS32's Avatar
57
Rep
1,431
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
I use an app called Sleep cycle that tacks the movement of your phone throughout the night. Its pretty cool

I have never been caught sleep walking :P
Been using this for about a year, great app.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
Bols
Lieutenant
Belgium
15
Rep
508
Posts

 
Drives: E90d SG
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Antwerp

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS32 View Post
Been using this for about a year, great app.
Yea cool app, I'm just not that comfortable with charging my phone all night and laying it on the side of the bed :/


on-topic: I talk a lot in my sleep my ex once heard me say: "You've got to press the escape key!! that'll shut down the newspaper!",

I also sometimes start LoL-ing real bad, last time I actually woke up from it and then started lolling irl some more being in that happy phase. Gf's whatthefuckface was epic
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #10
EvosM3
Banned
5
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: WTB E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: America

iTrader: (0)

No, but apparently I talk and mumble things out loud in my sleep.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #11
Joekerr
Second Lieutenant
35
Rep
310
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

LOL at above.

Nice to know I'm not alone.

I sleepwalk and sleeptalk, sometimes as a combo. Its almost like a video playing in my head I guess when its in combo, as long as whatever I'm trying to talk to doesn't interrupt the pre-planned sequence, I won't wake up.

I once had my brother convinced there was a bomb in the house...that was pretty funny later on once I woke up...he wasn't as amused as I was, but its a story we laugh about now.

Only ever hurt myself once though...in my stupid head I was walking down this hallway in my old house, and for some reason I convinced myself there was a railway mining track going down the hallway (carpeted hallway too mind you - but my stupid brain still thought it was plausible to have a track on a carpeted hallway) and all of a sudden there was this big mining cart coming down the tracks.

Anyhow I dove out of the way of the supposed cart, but unfortunately I must have also done so in real life too. I think I hit my head off either the desk or the chair, maybe knocked myself out for a little while, no idea, but when I woke up, had blood pouring out of a gash in my forehead, trying to wipe it out of my eyes and find the door (no windows in the room so its pitch black) so I'm feeling along the wall with blood all over my hands too now - finally find it and wake my brother up, who got my Dad up and he drove me in to get stitches. I'm told the room looked like some sort of murder scene from the bloody handprints and carpet though lol.

All the other times its very harmless, I'm thinking my computer is cold so I'll strip the comforter off my bed, wrap it up in the comforter, and then wake up shivering a couple hours later due to me no longer having a comforter.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #12
Sara504
Banned
United_States
353
Rep
17,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

I just sleep
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #13
adriang
Captain
adriang's Avatar
Canada
9
Rep
625
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nobleton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504
I just sleep
With you on that one

But sometimes when I'm about to fall asleep I get scared and flinch. This happened to me maybe 3 times at most
__________________
2011 BMW 335d
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #14
kyleb350
Brigadier General
kyleb350's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I just sleep
I dunnooooo. That picture ain't movin itself
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #15
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
Colt's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,215
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italteen3 View Post
I passed out on my couch around midnight and about 2:30-3am I apparently slept-walked in my parents bedroom and peed on my father's slippers while they were on the floor next to his bed and they were both sleeping. My mom told me she heard water running/splashing woke up and turned over to see me peeing yelled my name and I just mumbled something and went back to the couch. Didn't have anything to drink and don't remember any of it.

All I know was I couldn't stop laughing for a week and my dad was pissed his new 3 week old $90 slippers were ruined
I did something similar to this but wasn't sleep walking. Was just sh!tfaced. Walked in my parents room (they have a vacation house, was there to celebrate my GFs birthday), and was about to whip it out when my dad woke up and said, "dude....what the f&$%k are you doing?" I replied, "I'm going to the bathroom?" His response, "Dude, this isn't the bathroom." Walked over to their little end table they had and I said, "OK, NOW I'm in the bathroom." . My dad and uncle told me in the morning of this story and I cracked up. Asked my dad, "dude what if I did piss on you?" He replied, "dude it wouldn't of been a good night I would of enjoyed."

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
I use an app called Sleep cycle that tacks the movement of your phone throughout the night.
I don't have my phone in my pocket when I sleep, I have it on an end table next to my bed. Does it still work that far away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriang View Post
But sometimes when I'm about to fall asleep I get scared and flinch. This happened to me maybe 3 times at most
I do this. When I'm half asleep I sometimes have "half?" dreams and I'm sub-conscious and something happens when I'm thinking about something, I jump in the bed. I've had incidences of a few different times. One of me riding a scooter when I was younger (just thinking about younger days), going off the side of the sidewalk and falling down in the dream, and I'll jump up in my bed. Pretty funny though because I'm fully aware of it happening.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned

Last edited by Colt; 05-30-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #16
kyleb350
Brigadier General
kyleb350's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

iTrader: (6)

My friend's girlfriend told me that one night, he sat up in bed and straight up clocked her in the head. I think he just used sleepwalking as an excuse
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #17
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
227
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

I once stood up on the bed, turned, and peed on my father thinking he was the toilet. Never woke up. I was about 7 so we were staying at my grandmothers house in the same room.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #18
grimlock
Lieutenant Colonel
59
Rep
1,811
Posts

 
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

That's three "pee on dad" 's already... what's up with that??
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 12:35 AM   #19
Vanity
Private First Class
Vanity's Avatar
Canada
48
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: BC, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Back when I was in University, probably 2nd year, I had been studying too much for one of my Organic Chemistry finals and didn't get enough sleep. So I'm taking public transit back and managed to doze off. In the dream I remembered trying to figure out which Organic Chemistry molecule was the correct one and my multiple choice answer came in the form of 4 vending machines with big red dispense buttons (to dispense the actual chemical answer). Needless to say, when I reached to hit the answer I got zapped by electricity and woke up, found myself with my arm in the middle of the air pressing an imaginary button and shaking violently from being "zapped" by electricity.

Lady sitting across from me got scared... I took the next station off. Fun times in University...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #20
Draven
Top Droppin'
Draven's Avatar
2
Rep
126
Posts

 
Drives: '10 e93
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Merrimack, NH

iTrader: (0)

I used to do it all the time. Wake up at 2am, start getting ready for work. Usually the water hitting the tub in the shower would wake me (or my ex) and I'd go back to bed.

I sleep-talk all the time too. My ex used to have a field day with it.

Before Paranormal Activity came out, I used to get out of bed and just stand at the end of the bed for an hour and then back back in. My ex hated it, and was even more freaked out by the movie because of it.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #21
Rookie83
First Lieutenant
Rookie83's Avatar
6
Rep
380
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i 6mt cpe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DFW

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
LOL at above.

Nice to know I'm not alone.

I sleepwalk and sleeptalk, sometimes as a combo. Its almost like a video playing in my head I guess when its in combo, as long as whatever I'm trying to talk to doesn't interrupt the pre-planned sequence, I won't wake up.

I once had my brother convinced there was a bomb in the house...that was pretty funny later on once I woke up...he wasn't as amused as I was, but its a story we laugh about now.

Only ever hurt myself once though...in my stupid head I was walking down this hallway in my old house, and for some reason I convinced myself there was a railway mining track going down the hallway (carpeted hallway too mind you - but my stupid brain still thought it was plausible to have a track on a carpeted hallway) and all of a sudden there was this big mining cart coming down the tracks.

Anyhow I dove out of the way of the supposed cart, but unfortunately I must have also done so in real life too. I think I hit my head off either the desk or the chair, maybe knocked myself out for a little while, no idea, but when I woke up, had blood pouring out of a gash in my forehead, trying to wipe it out of my eyes and find the door (no windows in the room so its pitch black) so I'm feeling along the wall with blood all over my hands too now - finally find it and wake my brother up, who got my Dad up and he drove me in to get stitches. I'm told the room looked like some sort of murder scene from the bloody handprints and carpet though lol.

All the other times its very harmless, I'm thinking my computer is cold so I'll strip the comforter off my bed, wrap it up in the comforter, and then wake up shivering a couple hours later due to me no longer having a comforter.
I just busted out laughing my ass off at work while reading this hahaha
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #22
donovan
Brigadier General
donovan's Avatar
Germany
73
Rep
3,553
Posts

 
Drives: E92 m3 AW, light package
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: le' Murica

iTrader: (12)

sleep walking is weird and ridiculous. I find it just odd as hell..
__________________


e46 m3 Black
Too many mods
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST