BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

GTB Performance

05-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Canuckles
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Drives: MW 2011 E92 M3

As the title states I ended up with two different lux v3s after a hellish experience trying to return a defective light to the US from Canada. Originally purchased last winter, US Post lost my package and/or sent it to Kansas (not quite sure), I was only able to install them a few weeks ago.

I need some discerning eyes to help me decide if I should go through the trouble of finding a proper match. Here is the pic, doesn't quite show the difference as seeing them in the flesh. What do you think?

ps. Someone else can confirm this, but it appears they changed the colour to appear closer to LCI angel eyes,
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
JesusMChrist
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Car

Send a message via ICQ to JesusMChrist Send a message via AIM to JesusMChrist Send a message via Yahoo to JesusMChrist
Driver's side looks considerably more purple than the passenger side.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
rjd598
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 10' M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
more pics but yea after looking at it for awhile i would say driver's side is more purple
      05-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
KJ
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 M3 - Alpine White

I'm from Toronto and this exact same thing happened to me.

One of my Lux's went out and I wanted to minimize downtime so I ordered an "advanced" replacement and left a deposit. That way, I would save the time it would take to send my defective light back to LUX. The replacement came and I installed it. The replacement wasn't as "purple" as my original one.

It bothered me, so I had to send back the "advanced replacement" AND my defective light so that LUX could replace the power supply on defective LED, and therefore, the LED's would match perfectly.

From what I was told, different batches of LED's may vary a little in colour. So the only way to make sure they match perfectly, is if the defective LUX power box is replaced and the LED is left unchanged.

Unfortunately for you, USPS lost your original so the only solution I can think of is if you sent both of these back to LUX and asked them to send you a matching pair of refurbished lights.

If I never got mine fixed, I could've swapped with you! LOL

Good Luck!

Kalson Jang
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
Canuckles
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Damn KJ that would have been nice, maybe someone else was unlucky enough to experience this that wants to swap. I think I might just pay for another light and send back whichever colour doesn't match up. Thnx for the replies...
      05-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckles View Post
Damn KJ that would have been nice, maybe someone else was unlucky enough to experience this that wants to swap. I think I might just pay for another light and send back whichever colour doesn't match up. Thnx for the replies...
Hey, not sure if i realized that your set didnt match correctly. shoot me an e-mail and we'll find a way to get this fixed up for you. sales@LuxAngelEyes.com
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
JesusMChrist
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Car

Send a message via ICQ to JesusMChrist Send a message via AIM to JesusMChrist Send a message via Yahoo to JesusMChrist
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Hey, not sure if i realized that your set didnt match correctly. shoot me an e-mail and we'll find a way to get this fixed up for you. sales@LuxAngelEyes.com

I just want to add that my LUX H8 V3 Rings match perfectly and I couldn't be happier with the product. It's nice to see LUX on top of this, I am sure it will be resolved quickly
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
KJ
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Out of curiosity, is the Driver's Side the older LUX and the Passenger side the newer replacement LUX??
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #9
Canuckles
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Out of curiosity, is the Driver's Side the older LUX and the Passenger side the newer replacement LUX??
The driver side is the newer one, and I just want to clarify LUX has been throughly helpful, and in no way am I unhappy with the service I have recieved. Just wanted to get some member's opinions as to how evident the colour difference appeared.
      05-31-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
KJ
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The driver side is the newer one, and I just want to clarify LUX has been throughly helpful, and in no way am I unhappy with the service I have recieved. Just wanted to get some member's opinions as to how evident the colour difference appeared.
Haha, my new one looked like the one on your passengers side. It would've made a good swap.

Your new matched my old and vice-versa.
Appreciate 0