BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #23
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamoto View Post
You make a good point by stating your belief that Obama is a muslim. It is truly ridiculous that he pretends to be christian.
Not as ridiculous as not realizing he was joking. And how does one "pretend" to be Christian? Tell me, what is your source for this enlightened comment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvosM3 View Post
I bet the Obama's practice voodoo/experiment with black magic.
I rest my case.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #24
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

So its okay to bash the white man's religion
But everyone else can't bash the black man's religion.

Democrats being racist again.

Last edited by E90SoFlo; 05-30-2012 at 10:55 AM.
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #25
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

I lived in Utah for 3.5 years.... I moved lol
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #26
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,671
iTrader: (6)

43. Temple garments or underwear will protect you from physical harm or the grasp of Satan

That was the one that pissed me off the most when I lived there. I have never met anyone more judgmental then mormons.
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11

Last edited by Sara504; 05-30-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #27
Red Bread
Brigadier General
 
Drives: My wife's car
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,246
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
That was the one that pissed me off the most when I lived there. I have never met anyone more judgmental then mormons.
Oh come on, not even BMW forum nerds?
Red Bread is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #28
HifiSyd
Enlisted Member
 
HifiSyd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmond, Ok.

Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)

My wife was born and raised Mormon; I was raised Catholic. I'll admit I had no idea what Mormonism was up until the time we got engaged. (I'm from Oklahoma and was living in Easter Washington at the time which is where she's from.)

I'll spare you all the details by I got quite an education on the Mormon religion in those early years and I have to admit, the more you learn about the details of the religion, the more wacky it gets! No way in hell i'd believe, much less convert.

Needless to say, I have officially de-Mormonized my wife and somehow her family still accepts me (us). For the record, Catholics are not a whole lot better... I'm not all that crazy about organized religion in any capacity, but to each their own. I don't even think I'm going to vote in this next presidential election.
HifiSyd is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #29
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
So its okay to bash the white man's religion
But everyone else can't bash the black man's religion.

Democrats being raciest again.
Hey, gay-basher's back! For the umpteenth time, there's no such word as "raciest", it's racist.

Now moving onto your point, what is it again? What's a "white man's religion" or a "black man's religion"? Your comment is nonsensical. You seem to be missing the distinction between those who want to discuss Romney's religion and those who want to claim that Obama's falsifying his religion.

What's more, it's primarily the religious-right who's proclaiming that Mormonism is a cult. Us democrats don't give a rat's ass about one's religion, except when politicians use their kooky bible interpretations as a basis for civil law.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #30
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Cool thing about religion is if your don't believe in it, nobody cares.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Hey, gay-basher's back! For the umpteenth time, there's no such word as "raciest", it's racist.

Now moving onto your point, what is it again? What's a "white man's religion" or a "black man's religion"? Your comment is nonsensical. You seem to be missing the distinction between those who want to discuss Romney's religion and those who want to claim that Obama's falsifying his religion.

What's more, it's primarily the religious-right who's proclaiming that Mormonism is a cult. Us democrats don't give a rat's ass about one's religion, except when politicians use their kooky bible interpretations as a basis for civil law.

I will go edit my post so that everything is spelled correctly so that you can understand it scotch. and Im sorry you're so offended in my beliefs that a man and women should be together and have children rather then two men "making love" transferring HIV to each other. If you have a problem about it, I don't care.

Ill break it down for you for you to understand.

White man (Romney) is mormon, everyone(that supports obama at least) is criticizing and complaining and bring up his religion.
Black man (obama) Got elected and NOBODY even asked what religion he was, where he was born, what school he went to, really nothing. All they cared about was getting FREE HEALTHCARE, and the US government paying their bills.

oh and "change"

Obama supporters BASH BASH BASH Romany's religion, if I or anyone else bash obama's religion, or pretty much anything to do with obama we have to listen to fanboy's like you tell us how he is the allah. Furthermore you, and others would say That i am "racist" (spelled it correctly so you can understand Scotch) because he is black and I am criticizing him and I am white. lol

once again, i really don't care if you like living in an economy that we are in, it sucks.

THEN you're group of "supporters" will call me close minded because I have beliefs that are not that same as yours and I'm not willing to change them to accommodate yours, making ME close minded..

Last edited by E90SoFlo; 05-30-2012 at 11:33 PM.
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #31
kmarei
Major General
 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 6,479
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamoto View Post
You make a good point by stating your belief that Obama is a muslim. It is truly ridiculous that he pretends to be christian.
yeah i believe he is a kenyan muslim, with a fake birth certificate
but at least he's not mormon


i can't wait till he gets re-elected
and to enjoy the frustration of all the psycho republicans for another 4 years

and i'm not democrat nor republican
i'm not a US citizen, but i must say, your politcal system entertains me regularly
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

kmarei is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #32
Silver E90
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio

Posts: 144
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
So its okay to question the Republican's religion
But everyone else can't question the Democrat's religion.
This sounds better.
Silver E90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #33
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
vvv
Cool thing about religion is if your[{sp} don't believe in it, nobody cares. I will go edit my post so that everything is spelled correctly so that you can understand it scotch.
- FAIL
and Im sorry you're so offended in my beliefs that a man and women should be together and have children rather then{sp} two men buttf*king transferring HIV to each other. If you have a problem about it, I don't care.
I'm not offended by your beliefs - I couldn't care less what you believe, but you choose to throw anti-gay comments into every other post. So if you're going to hate and bully a segment of society for no good reason, just keep it to yourself. Sort of like don't ask, don't tell.
Ill break it down for you for you to understand. White man (Romney) is mormon, everyone(that supports obama at least) is criticizing and complaining and bring up his religion.
Wrong! As I've said over and over, the criticisms are coming from the Christian-right. People who support Obama just want religion to stay the hell out of politics.
Black man (obama) Got elected and NOBODY even asked what religion he was, where he was born, what school he went to, really nothing.
Bwwwwwaaaahhhhhhhhhhahahahahhahahahahaaahhhahahah! !!! REALLY?!?! That's my nomination for falsest statement of this forum!
All they cared about was getting FREE HEALTHCARE, and the US government paying their bills.
Huh? You got that backward, Einstein. The people who previously had no healthcare and were receiving free emergency room care will now have to pay into a pool to get private coverage. Try looking up facts for a change.
Obama supporters BASH BASH BASH Romany's{sp} religion, if I or anyone else bash obama's religion, or pretty much anything to do with obama we have to listen to fanboy's like you tell us how he is the allah.
No, it's only teabaggers like you who ever say things like that. And why would we use the name "allah"? Where the F'k did that come from?
Furthermore you, and others would say That i am "racist" (spelled it correctly so you can understand Scotch) because he is black and I am criticizing him and I am white. lol
I didn't know you were white till just now. I don't know what anyone here is, doesn't matter, all that matters are your words.
once again, i really don't care if you like living in an economy that we are in, it sucks.
It sucks much less now than the way Bush left it.
THEN you're{sp} group of "supporters" will call me close minded because I have beliefs that are not that same as yours and I'm not willing to change them to accommodate yours, making ME close minded
I don't have a group of supporters, but in any case you really don't understand what makes one close-minded, which is why you are.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #34
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Black man (obama) Got elected and NOBODY even asked what religion he was, where he was born, what school he went to, really nothing.
Bwwwwwaaaahhhhhhhhhhahahahahhahahahahaaahhhahahah! !!! REALLY?!?! That's my nomination for falsest statement of this forum!
Totally agree. The first thing that some people were screaming about when they heard the name "Barack Obama" was: MUSLIM TERRORIST!

I can't believe you would be such a dolt to say that no one bothered to ask, there are people out there today STILL asking where he was really born.

E90SoFlo, how is it living under such a huge rock...?
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #35
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Cool thing about religion is if your[{sp} don't believe in it, nobody cares. I will go edit my post so that everything is spelled correctly so that you can understand it scotch.
- FAIL
Cool
and Im sorry you're so offended in my beliefs that a man and women should be together and have children rather then{sp} two men "making love" transferring HIV to each other. If you have a problem about it, I don't care.
I'm not offended by your beliefs - I couldn't care less what you believe, but you choose to throw anti-gay comments into every other post. So if you're going to hate and bully a segment of society for no good reason, just keep it to yourself. Sort of like don't ask, don't tell. Sorry I don't want to have to live in fear of being attacked by people like you because I don't agree with you, I do believe you brought up the gay topic? Obviously not me throwing it in there.
Ill break it down for you for you to understand. White man (Romney) is mormon, everyone(that supports obama at least) is criticizing and complaining and bring up his religion.
Wrong! As I've said over and over, the criticisms are coming from the Christian-right. People who support Obama just want religion to stay the hell out of politics. Actually thats not true, unless everyone thats bashing in this thread is a christian-right.
Black man (obama) Got elected and NOBODY even asked what religion he was, where he was born, what school he went to, really nothing.
Bwwwwwaaaahhhhhhhhhhahahahahhahahahahaaahhhahahah! !!! REALLY?!?! That's my nomination for falsest statement of this forum!
All they cared about was getting FREE HEALTHCARE, and the US government paying their bills.
Huh? You got that backward, Einstein. The people who previously had no healthcare and were receiving free emergency room care will now have to pay into a pool to get private coverage. Try looking up facts for a change.PLEASE! You know that 90% of the minority voters (also black) voted for him because of his "change" and democratic nature to spend money to keep everyone poor
Obama supporters BASH BASH BASH Romany's{sp} religion, if I or anyone else bash obama's religion, or pretty much anything to do with obama we have to listen to fanboy's like you tell us how he is the allah.
No, it's only teabaggers like you who ever say things like that. And why would we use the name "allah"? Where the F'k did that come from? Teabaggers like me, lol go sit in your 128 please
Furthermore you, and others would say That i am "racist" (spelled it correctly so you can understand Scotch) because he is black and I am criticizing him and I am white. lol
I didn't know you were white till just now. I don't know what anyone here is, doesn't matter, all that matters are your words. Yup and you know they are true
once again, i really don't care if you like living in an economy that we are in, it sucks.
It sucks much less now than the way Bush left it. I don't agree
THEN you're{sp} group of "supporters" will call me close minded because I have beliefs that are not that same as yours and I'm not willing to change them to accommodate yours, making ME close minded
I don't have a group of supporters, but in any case you really don't understand what makes one close-minded, which is why you are. Go figure:roll eyes:

Not replying anymore so don't waste your breath typing more BS. I choose not to fight people like you that make me feel like I lower my IQ when you prove nothing and constantly badmouth someone for absolutely no reason then difference of opinion.
(on a BMW forum )

Last edited by E90SoFlo; 05-30-2012 at 11:34 PM.
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #36
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
E90SoFlo, you aren't a racist, you are what is called a BIGOT. Your remarks about gay people are reprehensible. I appreciate that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but your comments about gays are plain incorrect and insulting.

Quote:
I will go edit my post so that everything is spelled correctly so that you can understand it scotch. and Im sorry you're so offended in my beliefs that a man and women should be together and have children rather then two men buttf*king transferring HIV to each other. If you have a problem about it, I don't care.
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #37
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Please correct me on how what I said was false or not the truth. Or vulgar, it was even censored to begin with!!!!

So much for a freedom of speech. Because if its against gay people it is "secret" and everyone is afraid to talk about it.

But they can go off and rant and rave about gay pride. Thats prejudice


im editing the post because you found it offensive, and god forbid anyone gets offended in the united states.

Last edited by E90SoFlo; 05-30-2012 at 11:35 PM.
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 08:19 AM   #38
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Please correct me on how what I said was false or not the truth. Or vulgar, it was even censored to begin with!!!!

So much for a freedom of speech. Because if its against gay people it is "secret" and everyone is afraid to talk about it.

But they can go off and rant and rave about gay pride. Thats prejudice


im editing the post because you found it offensive, and god forbid anyone gets offended in the united states.
So you think this statement you made: "Im sorry you're so offended in my beliefs that a man and women should be together and have children rather then two men buttf*king transferring HIV to each other." is the truth and not vulgar? You clearly have some serious issues you need to deal with.
Lol no I think that's the truth , it was censored and I think you're proving my point.

People are trying to make it wrong to have a difference of opinion if it's against gays or blacks! But they are allowed to say anything, insult, belittle and then call you close minded.

Obviously the sex statement was an extreme to prove a point to scotch considering he wanted to talk about gay people.
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #39
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Lol no I think that's the truth , it was censored and I think you're proving my point.

People are trying to make it wrong to have a difference of opinion if it's against gays or blacks! But they are allowed to say anything, insult, belittle and then call you close minded.

Obviously the sex statement was an extreme to prove a point to scotch considering he wanted to talk about gay people.
I brought up the gay thing because I was honestly suprised to see you back here posting. And like I said, it's not your opinion of gays that stands out (as your opinion is shared by many), it's how you compare everything you don't like in politics to those who support gay rights.

There are two things going on here:
1) Your personal opinion of gays and homosexual behavior, which I feel is your right to have; but at the same time, those who think that being gay is an innate orientation from birth will call you a bigot, and you need to accept that.
2) Your attempt to take away the personal rights of others. The existence of homosexuals and the rights they seek has zero impact on your freedoms and way of life. Therefore, your vocal opposition to the rights of gays to have equal freedoms is a real problem.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #40
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Please correct me on how what I said was false or not the truth. Or vulgar, it was even censored to begin with!!!!

So much for a freedom of speech. Because if its against gay people it is "secret" and everyone is afraid to talk about it.

But they can go off and rant and rave about gay pride. Thats prejudice


im editing the post because you found it offensive, and god forbid anyone gets offended in the united states.
Censoring out one cuss word doesn't automatically make the rest of your sentence OK and not offensive...

Here is how I feel about homosexuality, in a completely honest sense: I do not understand homosexuality because it doesn't make sense to me scientifically (i.e. two men having sex cannot reproduce), but that doesn't mean that I am against them being treated like every other so called 'normal' person. That also doesn't mean that I feel it's impossible for two men or two women to love each other and not be related. Love isn't a science, it's an emotion that we really have no control over, so I can understand how it can sometimes override the scientific urge to reproduce that all animals (even humans) have.

Just because they are different from me doesn't make them wrong. At the end of the day, gays/lesbians being together (even married) has no effect on my life at all whatsoever, so I do not care. They shouldn't be treated like less than humans though.

I say we stop trying to pretend we are God and trying to pass judgement on others. We are human and we have no right to judge. True Christians believe in treating others as we want to be treated, with no exceptions. I don't care what Bible verse you want to take out of context to 'prove' me wrong. The people who treat others like crap because they aren't the same as everyone else will hopefully find themselves wishing they were nice in another life
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 09:46 AM   #41
CamelBiscuit
Banned
 
Drives: 11 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 702

Posts: 630
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [5.00]
Soon I will see a report on the news about someone getting shot over an Internet fight on BMW website.
CamelBiscuit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 09:54 AM   #42
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
True Christians believe in treating others as we want to be treated, with no exceptions.
Agree with your sentiment, but I'd like to clarify that the statement above, while inclusive of Christianity, is much more ancient and universal than a single religion, and in-fact is the foundation for those who are not religious at all.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #43
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Agree with your sentiment, but I'd like to clarify that the statement above, while inclusive of Christianity, is much more ancient and universal than a single religion, and in-fact is the foundation for those who are not religious at all.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 10:20 AM   #44
Jewbacca
Private
 
Jewbacca's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i cpe w/M pkg&PPK
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Surface of the sun

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Wow! It still never ceases to amaze me on what an incredible job the "right" has done to brainwash their supporters to all repeat the same vitriol almost word for word.

Why do people care so much about gays being able to get married?

How does it affect my daily life in any negative way to allow them to be married?

I still have yet not heard an argument that effectively communicates this.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but to the point of forcing that opinion on others through legislation like amending the constitution to ban same sex marriage makes ZERO sense to me.

Most importantly, if you believe marriage to be a religious institution and in less government in our lives (which I guarantee everyone on the right agrees with) than why would you think it's okay to have the government not recognize a marriage that has been performed in a religious institution?

This to me is so un-American considering that this country was founded on the notion of freedom from government oppression of your personal beliefs.

This is all about personal prejudice and nothing to do with personal freedom.
Jewbacca is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST