BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Electronics | Audio | Security

Closed Thread

11-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
Massdrop
Private

Drives: BMW M5

Lightbulb Group Buy: Blackvue DR400G Camera ($191) - Retail=$300+

Group Buy is: ACTIVE

We've had a bunch of requests to run the Blackvue DR400G camera for under $270. After our calls and negotiations, we've managed to get the price down to $191 for a group buy. Massdrop will be posting this on several other forums so that the total size of the group will end up being much bigger

Product url: massdrop.com/Blackvue-dr400g-hdii

Pricing:
  • 34 or less sold: $205.00 each ACHIEVED!
  • 35-99 sold: $197.00 each
  • 100+ sold: $191.00 each

Retail: $300-$350

Extra details
  • To join the group buy, you will have to pay here. You won't be charged anything, but the money will be held by Massdrop. Once the group buy is over, then you will be charged the final amount. This is so that if the price falls, you will only be charged the minimum amount.
  • There are no geographical restrictions on this group buy. Anybody can sign up through the website and shipping is to anywhere in the world (additional costs apply).

Last edited by Massdrop; 11-05-2012 at 01:09 PM.
      11-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
W Cole
Captain

Drives: 2009 M3

Who is actually selling the camera? Where will it ship from? Is this the US version?

Thanks
      11-05-2012, 03:11 AM   #3
aus
Major General

Drives: M3

Do you have to hit a button to save the data/event?
In parking mode, can you swing it around to view what's going on around the side and back of the car and will it save the recording if it senses contact?

What's the warranty? Read some reviews on Amazon and they refused warranty on someone because it wasn't a US version.

Very interested. Thanks.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
      11-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
Massdrop
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Do you have to hit a button to save the data/event?
In parking mode, can you swing it around to view what's going on around the side and back of the car and will it save the recording if it senses contact?

What's the warranty? Read some reviews on Amazon and they refused warranty on someone because it wasn't a US version.

Very interested. Thanks.

Sure thing, the parking mode works like this. When you park the car, the camera will keep recording. If it detects a collision (accelerometer) it will save the footage from 30 seconds before the collision and continue to save the footage.

We handle all of the returns and warranty. These have a one year manufacturer warranty attached to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Cole View Post
Who is actually selling the camera? Where will it ship from? Is this the US version?

Thanks
Hi there! This is for the US version. It will ship from our location in No Cal, after arriving from the manufacturer in Korea.

Any other questions we can answer for you?
      11-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #5
Massdrop
Private

Only a few hours left until this is over! 35 people are in as of now!
      11-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
roddyc
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 08 E90 M3

Any chance you can offer the Magic Power Pro to go with this as well? I am concerned about battery drain while it is in 'Park Mode'. Also, how is the heat dissipation with the hdii? The reviews on the first version of this product make it seem as though overheating issues even during mild weather are common.
roddyc is offline   United_States
      12-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 08 E90 M3 / 400whp Turbo 7

Garage List
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
I have one... Is there anyway to make it record segments longer than 3 minutes? Being able to only record in 3 minute intervals is driving me up the wall!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Mike Benvo is offline   United_States
      12-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #8
bbs_lm
Captain

Drives: Asian Cutties

Still going on?
      01-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #9
roddyc
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 08 E90 M3

Did the GB for this die? On your website it looks like it got killed before it started...I may be interested if you decide to open it up again.
roddyc is offline   United_States
Closed Thread