BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

INDustry distribution

05-17-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
BLACK OPS
Captain

Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Help! Placement of Jack Stand

Dumb but important question here. I've read the other posts through and I realize I probably should have purchased the jack pads to place on the appropriate jack stand locations.

I tried placing the jack stands, without pads, on the designated jack mounts on the M3 but it immediately started cutting through the plastic so I don't see this as a good idea over a long period of time.

I'm on VERY short notice and don't have time to look for these pads and am asking for your expertise/experience if you feel where I have my jack stand on the rear is a problem for a LONG term storage of the car, >6 mos. This seemed like the most solid point...? The front is lifted on a hydraullic lift on the center jack point which works fine.

Help.

Thanks
Attached Images

2011.5 Jet Black E92 ///M3: ZCP|6MT|BB|DINAN|EVOLVE|BPM|VORSTEINER|BMW PERFORMANCE|IND EDITION|TMS|LUX 5K|APEX|
BLACK OPS is offline   United_States
      05-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
ILSMKU
BMW FTW

Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Ive used those rear locations before for short term use. But Im not sure I would do it for 6months.

And are you saying your using a normal car jack to hold the front up? That is going to leak and be on the ground before 6 months is up.
///2013 AW 6MT E92 ZCP M3/// Black 359M Wheels/BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Spoiler and Mirror Caps/Arkym AeroSport Front Lip/Turner 15MM Spacers/LUX 8 LED Halo/IND Gloss Black Grills, Gills and M3 Emblem/30% 3M Tint/BMW Interior LED/MusicCar Subwoofer Enclosure/JL Audio 12" W6 Sub and XD600:1 Amp/Euro Sunglasses Tray/Ceramic Coated Megan Racing Exhaust/AFe Dry Air Filter/RPI Intake Scoops/Euro MDM/Feature Coded.
ILSMKU is offline   No_Country
      05-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
BLACK OPS
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Ive used those rear locations before for short term use. But Im not sure I would do it for 6months.

And are you saying your using a normal car jack to hold the front up? That is going to leak and be on the ground before 6 months is up.
Without having the right interface for the jacks (hockey puck, jack pads) for the designated jack location where would you go for the long term? I figured the jack would leak. Any other ideas to "wing" the jack pads?

2011.5 Jet Black E92 ///M3: ZCP|6MT|BB|DINAN|EVOLVE|BPM|VORSTEINER|BMW PERFORMANCE|IND EDITION|TMS|LUX 5K|APEX|
      05-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
DJDeez
Got my license back!

Drives: TransLink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK OPS View Post
I figured the jack would leak. Any other ideas to "wing" the jack pads?
The jack will definitely leak! Another idea? Maybe some 2x4 under the frame rails?
aFe cold air intake system (stage 2) ▫ Agency Power cat delete/section 2 midpipes ▫ Agency Power exhaust system ▫ Beltronics STiR Plus ▫ BMW M style (ZHP) weighted short shift knob ▫ CIC iDrive ▫ Clutch pedal spring removal ▫ Coding ▫ Evolve-R tune ▫ Laser Interceptor ▫ LUX H8 V3 Angel Eyes ▫ pickyeater334 clutch stop ▫ Rear fog lights (2011 light control switch assembly) ▫ T3 Alpha laser gun protection ▫ Turner Motorsport power pulley kit
DJDeez is offline   Canada
      05-18-2012, 02:49 AM   #5
BLACK OPS
Captain

Fixed! Thanks for the encouragement. Drove around town suspiciously looking for some wood. I can travel with ease of mind.
Attached Images

05-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #6
C|3R1C
So Kewl Guy

Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

nevermind

Last edited by C|3R1C; 05-18-2012 at 03:19 AM. Reason: googled my answer