BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

INDustry distribution

Today, 02:17 PM   #1
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

Question Gaming Notebook Help! Quick!

I wanted to buy this today so quick help would be nice haha.

-Budget is around $1500, I can go up another $100 if its worth it
-Purpose is gaming and everyday use. I have a desktop that runs everything so it doesn't have to be top top of the line.
-Has to be from newegg.com
-Needs to have a 17 inch screen

What do you guys think of this one? Cant find anything better then this for the time being
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=afc-Skimlinks

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:49 PM   #2
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M435i

Seems to be a good deal, havent compared other prices to that NB. Have you considered Alienware from Dell? Not the cheapest one, but unbeatable for gaming.

How can you face a problem when the problem is your face?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:32 PM   #3
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Seems to be a good deal, havent compared other prices to that NB. Have you considered Alienware from Dell? Not the cheapest one, but unbeatable for gaming.
I wouldnt but newegg didnt really have one that interested me too much

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:44 PM   #4
digital_frankenstein
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

I bought one of these beginning of last year and it's a dream!
Although that is in comparison to the 6 year old laptop I was using before it that didn't use SSDs.

I have Project Cars and Call of Duty: AW (briefly had Black Ops 3 as a trial) and they all play like a dream.

I mostly use the laptop for design and development use and it also powers through anything the Adobe suite can chuck at it.

My girlfriend and I use it heavily for work and play and it's never let me down and made me question my decision. Eventually I'll sell this and upgrade to the latest model.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:46 PM   #5
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_frankenstein View Post
I bought one of these beginning of last year and it's a dream!
Although that is in comparison to the 6 year old laptop I was using before it that didn't use SSDs.

I have Project Cars and Call of Duty: AW (briefly had Black Ops 3 as a trial) and they all play like a dream.

I mostly use the laptop for design and development use and it also powers through anything the Adobe suite can chuck at it.

My girlfriend and I use it heavily for work and play and it's never let me down and made me question my decision. Eventually I'll sell this and upgrade to the latest model.
Good to know, thanks!

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:36 PM   #6
hz_diesel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335ix

You can get a MSI for that kind of money
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:33 PM   #7
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hz_diesel View Post
You can get a MSI for that kind of money
Why do you think MSI is better?

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:40 PM   #8
335m
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 AW e92 M3

We would need to know a little more about what games you plan on playing but that is a good PC. I have tested the last 3-4 years worth of ASUS ROG laptops and they are all still running strong.

They are bulky though so the 17" are a bit heavy to carry around everyday and the battery life is going to be horrible on any 17" gaming laptop.
      Today, 08:22 PM   #9
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335m View Post
We would need to know a little more about what games you plan on playing but that is a good PC. I have tested the last 3-4 years worth of ASUS ROG laptops and they are all still running strong.

They are bulky though so the 17" are a bit heavy to carry around everyday and the battery life is going to be horrible on any 17" gaming laptop.
Diablo 3, Witcher, Dying Light, and others. Im 6" 290lbs I dont mind a bigger laptop lol

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:08 PM   #10
digital_frankenstein
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by My335iTT View Post
Diablo 3, Witcher, Dying Light, and others. Im 6" 290lbs I dont mind a bigger laptop lol
I'm 5" and some inches and I used to walk to work with it in a backpack. Good back and leg workout.
Battery life is average but the nature of my work requires wifi a lot of the time and power outlets are never that far away.
You can fiddle with the battery and screen settings anyway when you are working on battery, you'll be fine.

No doubt with your gaming you'll be inside around outlets so this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

The size isn't an issue for me, I love the look of ROG laptops and I purposely worked my ass off to be able to afford one. So the trade-off of good looks and power for more weight isn't an issue.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:27 PM   #11
///M Kidding
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

I have a Razer blade and I love it. I wouldn't recommend buying Alienware because those look really thick and dumb, plus they are quite heavy and loud as a laptop LOL

Brand wise, Asus is a decent brand for gaming laptops.