BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

05-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
youngbuck
Private First Class

Drives: e92 M3 ZCP

My road to Akra evo and Evolve tune.

I'd been searching for a loaded e92 ZCP M3 and found one I liked within a couple months. The original owner had the akra evo and Evolve tune already equipped but said he would sell the akra separately and discount the price of the M3, I agreed. He chuckled and said that the akra evo was absolute perfection and I would end up buying one anyways to get rid of the stock exhaust or as he put it "boat anchor".

I was thinking to myself that a stock m3 would be more than enough car for me, I was already blown away on how much nicer overall the M is than my e92 335i. The engine sound stock was more impressive than I anticipated.

After no more than 2 weeks stock I started to look at the FS section of the forum for a used akra system, this was due to catching the mod bug...its been going around lately. Well, I found one and installed it soon after All i can say is WOW!

The weight difference of the two exhausts blew my mind, the sound of the evo couldn't be more perfect. Very tolerable for everyday cruising and when you want to lay on the throttle, its right now aggressive.

I want to give a big shout out and thank you to Sal@Evolve. Even though I didn't purchase the tune directly from him, he treated me as a direct customer. Very polite and fast to respond to any questions. I offered to pay a service fee or something in return and he said don't sweat it.

Adding the Evolve Akra tune suppresses the CEL from running high flow cats and increases the performance of the V8 noticeably. I'm very happy with this overall set up and enjoy every time I take it out for a spin.

I just wanted to give my impression of the Akra evo quality and Evolve customer serivce, hope this helps future enthusiasts make a better buying decision.
      05-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
tmntmn
///M

Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT

Waiting to save up to get the Akra Evo and Evolve tune!

Enjoy the new exhaust
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, ACM TP, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
tmntmn is offline   United_States