BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

Stick to Clutch

05-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
M3-Mike
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe DCT

Day Cruise

Thinking of going for a drive on Sunday May 13 (Mother's Day).. wanted to see if anyone was interested? Likely head out around 10am and be back home in time for dinner.

Have a couple of options in mind, there is what we fondly refer to as the Hamilton Nürburgring (Google it), a route that starts at Appleby Line and then 407 and ends up in St. Catharines (I've added / modified the original route you'll find on Google). Some very twisty sections, not a lot of places to go fast, but very scenic. The roads may be a bit busy on a Sunday however as we go through Hamilton and Wine Country, but would still be a nice drive...

Other option is to head north, starting near Canada's Wonderland, and ending up in Creemore.. or we could even go as far north as Wasaga Beach. Likely a lot less traffic on this route as we mostly take back roads, so more options to open it up a bit.

Let me know if you are interested, if this is too short notice for most of you, we could always plan for another weekend in the near future. Let me know what works for you!

M3-Mike is offline   Canada
      05-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
dnotorious

Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
Thinking of going for a drive on Sunday May 13 (Mother's Day).. wanted to see if anyone was interested? Likely head out around 10am and be back home in time for dinner.

Have a couple of options in mind, there is what we fondly refer to as the Hamilton Nürburgring (Google it), a route that starts at Appleby Line and then 407 and ends up in St. Catharines (I've added / modified the original route you'll find on Google). Some very twisty sections, not a lot of places to go fast, but very scenic. The roads may be a bit busy on a Sunday however as we go through Hamilton and Wine Country, but would still be a nice drive...

Other option is to head north, starting near Canada's Wonderland, and ending up in Creemore.. or we could even go as far north as Wasaga Beach. Likely a lot less traffic on this route as we mostly take back roads, so more options to open it up a bit.

Let me know if you are interested, if this is too short notice for most of you, we could always plan for another weekend in the near future. Let me know what works for you!

Hey Mike, I was meaning to reply sooner but got busy; I would love to try your route or variation as well; I saved my copy of that map as well; created a circuit out of it NurHamBurg 23

But I got now 5 mothers coming over tomorrow and need the time to prepare. Raincheck for now?
      05-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
airwave808
First Lieutenant

Drives: MCB E92

Great idea. I am definitely interested if it is on a Saturday. Both routes are nice.
airwave808 is offline   Canada
      05-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
sawzall
Major

Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
I wish I could come. I'm stuck watching the clear bra on the car cure.
sawzall is offline   Canada
      05-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
RO_Turbo
///M-thusiast

Drives: MWM E93 M3, AW F25 X3

Quote:

Count me in! Just saw this now =)
      05-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #6
M3-Mike
Second Lieutenant

Any interest in a drive / cruise this coming long weekend?
      05-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
sawzall
Major

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Any interest in a drive / cruise this coming long weekend?
Yes! I can do either Sunday or Monday.
      05-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #8
crunchy_frog
Private

Drives: 2008 E92 M3

i am also available on sunday and monday
crunchy_frog is online now   Canada
      05-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #9
airwave808
First Lieutenant

Drives: MCB E92

I am available on Sunday morning and would love to go.
airwave808 is offline   Canada
      05-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P

Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Man, this is tempting... if you guys don't mind this 335i driver still tagging along while she awaits her M3. I'll be busy with work for part of the weekend, so really need to rest up... but I really enjoyed the last cruise.

Hopefully it's Sunday.
      05-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #11
M3-Mike
Second Lieutenant

So shizzle and I are meeting at 10:30am on Sunday up near Canada's Wonderland. We'll head north from there on all the best backroads, ending up at Wasaga Beach likely closer to 1pm. We can then relax and enjoy Wasaga for a few hours and then I will likely take a similarly twisty route home, although there is also the Hwy 400 option for those needing to get home quickly.

Let me know if you want to join and I will pick a meeting spot relative to the number of cars attending...
      05-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #12
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P

Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Too much work and not enough rest this weekend, finally. But I hope you guys have a great time and have the least amount of cops where you're going! Put up a couple of pics!
      05-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #13
MaxL
Captain

Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Quote:
So shizzle and I are meeting at 10:30am on Sunday up near Canada's Wonderland. We'll head north from there on all the best backroads, ending up at Wasaga Beach likely closer to 1pm. We can then relax and enjoy Wasaga for a few hours and then I will likely take a similarly twisty route home, although there is also the Hwy 400 option for those needing to get home quickly.

Let me know if you want to join and I will pick a meeting spot relative to the number of cars attending...
Awesome. I may join you guys, but will probably try to catch up after 11 - "early" morning may be an issue :-). No need to wait for me or anything like that - I'll just message/call when I head out to check where I can catch you.
MaxL is offline   Canada
      05-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #14
nightrun21
Enlisted Member

Drives: m3 e93, x35i

hey guys dunno if this would interest you but i was looking on the e90 canada forums and 335is are going up as well so mayb you guys can work something out to make the group bigger ?
nightrun21 is offline   Canada
      05-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #15
RO_Turbo
///M-thusiast

Drives: MWM E93 M3, AW F25 X3

just saw this now

.... a bit short notice for me so I am out on this one =( ..
      05-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
M3-Mike
Second Lieutenant

For those of you joining us, we are meeting tomorrow at 10:30am at the Starbucks located at the south east corner of Major MacKenzie Drive West, and Weston Road.

Basically take Hwy 400 north to Major Mac, go west, and you will see a mall with Starbucks and Shoppers Drug Mart on your left.

If you own a Garmin GPS that supports routes, bring it along and I can load the route for you. Also if you have a GPRS type walkie talkie radio, bring that too so we can communicate.

05-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #17
M3-Mike
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
Awesome. I may join you guys, but will probably try to catch up after 11 - "early" morning may be an issue :-). No need to wait for me or anything like that - I'll just message/call when I head out to check where I can catch you.
Sounds good, you have my cell, call anytime.
      05-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #18
sawzall
Major

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Thanks for organizing the trip Mike! Some of those roads were real fun!
      05-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #19
M3-Mike
Second Lieutenant

Yeah awesome day, thanks for coming everyone. We had 7 cars at the start but somehow lost crunchy_frog in the first 30 minutes.

6 cars did arrive at Wasaga but the place was so full of party people that it took almost an hour to get to the beach. 4 cars did make it and found parking, and we had a nice lunch overlooking the beach and bikinis. The drive home was nice and quick, again hitting some great twisty roads.

Now I'm going to relax with a beer or three.
      05-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #20
MaxL
Captain

Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Quote:
Yeah awesome day, thanks for coming everyone. We had 7 cars at the start but somehow lost crunchy_frog in the first 30 minutes.

6 cars did arrive at Wasaga but the place was so full of party people that it took almost an hour to get to the beach. 4 cars did make it and found parking, and we had a nice lunch overlooking the beach and bikinis. The drive home was nice and quick, again hitting some great twisty roads.

Now I'm going to relax with a beer or three.
Too bad I could not make it. Decided to take my pregnant wife for the last mountain biking trip before she gets too big for it.
MaxL is offline   Canada
      05-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
crunchy_frog
Private

Drives: 2008 E92 M3

I should have spent more time programming the gps, instead i spent most of the time shooting the wind with shizzle and his new porsche.

i was on highway 10 and made a left for shelburne as that was the only landmark i could remember but alas it was not meant to be....

I ended up having lunch at shelburne and decided to stop by vaughan mills. Traffic was horrible on the 400
crunchy_frog is online now   Canada
      05-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #22
nightrun21
Enlisted Member

Drives: m3 e93, x35i

Sry for late reply .. Cruise was fun consisting of nice roads up toward collingwood thanks for setting it up !
nightrun21 is offline   Canada