BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Garage Tools / Supplies

Steve Thomas BMW

01-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
Fred@ReverseLogic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: SL550

Race Ramps Current Quarterly Promotion

$20 Cash Back Factory Rebate on Race Ramps product purchases of $200 or more - Q3 2014

Here's the announcement for the Q3 2014 Race Ramps Rebate Offer. Purchase any combination of Race Ramps products totaling at least $200 between 01-Jul and 30-Sep and receive a a $20 cash back rebate direct from the factory. One rebate offer per household during the 90-day promotion.

The "RLL" service ramps and trailer ramps offered by Reverse Logic will also qualify for the $20 rebate.

Combine the Race Ramps offer with the Reverse Logic Store-Wide 10% Discount Code, "SAVE10", for an even better deal.

http://www.reverselogic.us/specials.html
Attached Images

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 07-02-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Fred@ReverseLogic is offline   United_States
      01-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
Fred@ReverseLogic

New Combo Service/Trailer RLL-80-2 Race Ramps available 11-Jan-2013

Reverse Logic is now accepting orders for its new combo service/trailer Race Ramps product. The expected shipping date for the new RLL-80-2 model is mid-January 2013.

The 2-piece RLL-80-2 ramp is 80" long by 14" wide with a 9" high platform. The RLL-80-2 ramp has unique features and does not replace our existing RLL-72-2 and RLL-87-2 ramps.

The key features of the RLL-80-2 ramps are:

1) 2-stage incline with initial slope of 6.8 degrees for lower ground clearance cars.

2) Cradle style platform.

3) Flippable incline section that can be used as a trailer ramp without optional adapters.

4) Priced under $400 including shipping.

An important difference between the RLL-80-2 and the earlier 2-stage incline RLL-72-2 and RLL-87-2 ramps is that the slope transitions from the first stage to the second stage at the seam between the incline section and platform section. This change along with a redesigned interlock allows the incline section to be inverted for use as a trailer ramp.

I included a couple of drawings below. The first one shows the dimensions. The second one shows how the RLL-80-2 service ramps compare in size to the RR-XT-2 and RR-56-2 standard ramps. It also shows how the RR-TR-6 trailer ramp compares to the inverted incline section of the new ramp model.
Attached Images

01-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
THE TECH

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Only the ones listed above are included in the promotion?
      01-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
Fred@ReverseLogic

Trailer Ramp incorporated into RLL-80-2 ramp design

Even if you don't trailer your car, the RLL-80-2 incline section can come in handy to get your car onto an alignment rack with metal ramps that are too steep for your car. The step in the trailer ramp is 2" deep. So it may be necessary to add a 2x6 shim to the step to use the incline sections with an alignment rack.

Like all Race Ramps trailer ramps, the step in the incline section is reinforced. When using the incline sections to extend a metal ramp on a rack or trailer you should rest the metal ramp on the step, not the top surface of the ramp.
      01-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
THE TECH

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
I was interested in a set of the short wheel cribs.
      01-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
Fred@ReverseLogic

Photos of RLL-80-2 ramps

Here's some photos of the new RLL-80-2 Race Ramps. They just arrived today. The first photo shows the relative size of the RLL-80-2 platform (middle) to the RR-56-2 and RR-XT-2 platforms. The second photo shows the incline section of the RLL-80-2 ramp flipped over as a trailer ramp.
Attached Images

01-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
DonC
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 X3 3.5i M sport, etc

Nice!
2007 TL-S
DonC is offline   United_States
      01-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #8
Fred@ReverseLogic

Thanks for the feedback. I am proud of the RLL-80-2 ramp design and I am grateful that Race Ramps agreed to manufacture it for Reverse Logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonC View Post
Nice!
      03-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
Fred@ReverseLogic

I decided to repackage the two-piece 10" Wheel Cribs RR-WC-10-2 into sets of four top pieces and four bottom pieces. The top pieces with a cradle top will sell for $182 for a set of four and the bottom pieces will be priced at $90 for a set of four.

These can be used to raise a car 5" off the ground to display the underside at Concours events (using a mirror). The top halves have a cradle top like Race Ramps Flatstoppers and can be used for long term storage as well.

I will have these listed on my website later this month. Until they are listed you can PM or e-mail me to place an order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
I was interested in a set of the short wheel cribs.
Attached Images

03-31-2013, 09:58 PM   #10
Fred@ReverseLogic

The Q1-2014 $25 cash rebate applies to the entire Race Ramps product line (except LTP, used, and custom models). The only qualifying criteria is that the total of Race Ramps products on a single order must be $250 or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Only the ones listed above are included in the promotion?

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 01-14-2014 at 04:12 PM.
      08-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #11
Fred@ReverseLogic

RLL-TR-80-2 Heavy Duty Race Ramps trailer ramp

Reverse Logic has earned a reputation for offering custom Race Ramps service ramps for low ground clearance cars. We stock 72", 80", 87", 89" and 99" service ramps. The inclines sections of all but the 72" ramps can either be used as trailer ramps or adapted for use as a trailer ramp.

The RLL-TR-80-2 trailer ramp is Reverse Logic's first dedicated trailer ramp offering. This ramp incorporates features found in Race Ramps tow truck ramps. Tow truck ramps are extremely durable and designed to work on the rough terrain that you are likely to encounter on the unpaved shoulder of a road.

The RLL-TR-80-2 ramp has the same profile as the incline sections of our 99" Progressive Incline Ramp with a trailer ramp adapter. However, both the top and bottom surfaces of the ramp will be reinforced increasing the capacity to 5000 pounds per pair. If you are unloading your trailered car on unpaved surfaces you should consider the RLL-TR-80-2 trailer ramps.

The useable section of the ramp is 75" long by 14" wide. The step at the end of the ramps is 5" long. The ramps are available with a 2" deep or 3" deep step. The ramps are a two piece design since the 80" length is too long to ship without significant surcharges. The two-piece ramp sections can be easily stored in your tow vehicle or even in the trailered car. At 3.5˚, the initial incline is lower than the slope on a RR-TR-5 trailer ramp, and at 6.7" high, the ramp is nearly as tall as the RR-TR-7 trailer ramp.

We started shipping the RLL-TR-80-2 ramp models before in July 2013.
Attached Images

09-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #12
Fred@ReverseLogic

Free Race Ramps Trak-Jax with Compac Floor Jack Bundle

One of the most frequent questions I receive from customers is "Which floor jack do you recommend?"

I have always been reluctant to recommend the inexpensive import floor jacks since most of them get terrible reviews. The $219 aluminum Sears jack, that I paid $125 for on sale, has not failed me in 6 years, but, gets some of the worst reviews.

I decided to add two of the "UPSable" Compac floor jacks to my product offerings. These heavy steel jacks are made in Denmark and have a great reputation for quality. Spare parts are available and they come with a 3-year warranty.

The Compac floor jacks have a removable saddle with a 25mm stem. I include the optional rubber pad which every floor jack purchase at no extra charge.

I sell the entry level 90530 model and the low profile 90541 model for $426 and $522 respectively. These prices include the rubber saddle pad and free shipping to destinations in the Continental USA. For a limited time I am also including a set of Race Ramps Trak-Jax with the purchase of these Compac models. To get the Free Trak-Jax use Coupon Code "FREE-TJ" at checkout.

I attached a couple of pictures which show the relative dimensions of the Compac 90541 floor jack compared to a typical low profile aluminum jack.

Here's a link to the floor jack/trak-jax bundle.

http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...65&id=27902351

Don't forget to use the "FREE-TJ" Coupon Code.

This bundle offer is good through 30-Dec-2013.
Attached Images

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 10-07-2013 at 06:31 PM.
      11-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #13
Fred@ReverseLogic

New RR-30 entry level service ramps from Race Ramps

Race Ramps just introduced a a small entry level service ramp model RR-30 which will work for smaller cars with short front overhangs. The ramps are 30" long x 10" wide x 5" high. The slope on the ramps is 16˚ and the capacity is 3000 pounds per pair. Price is $89 including shipping to any destination in the Continental USA.

http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...48&id=29511173
Attached Images

11-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #14
jumpman86
Second Lieutenant

Drives: bmw M3

Ramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred@ReverseLogic View Post
Race Ramps just introduced a a small entry level service ramp model RR-30 which will work for smaller cars with short front overhangs. The ramps are 30" long x 10" wide x 5" high. The slope on the ramps is 16˚ and the capacity is 3000 pounds per pair. Price is $89 including shipping to any destination in the Continental USA.

http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...48&id=29511173
Would these work on the m3 sedans?
      11-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #15
Fred@ReverseLogic

Probably. You can verify this by doing a simple "yardstick" test. Slide a yardstick up against the inboard edge of one of the front tires. Raise the opposite end of the yardstick until the yardstick just touches the car anywhere along its length. Measure the height of the raised end. If you have at least 10", then the ramps will work. 225 tires should be fine. Anything wider would be pushing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman86 View Post
Would these work on the m3 sedans?
      12-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #16
Fred@ReverseLogic

Scratch & dent Race Ramps - RLL-87-2, RLL-87-2-HD, RLL-80-2, RR-56-2

I have five sets of LTP (less than perfect) Race Ramps in inventory.

1) Two sets of RR-56-2 ramps. Minor shipping damage. Each set has a dented platform section. $190 per set. One set sold 15-Dec-2013.

http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...89&id=23241506

2) RLL-80-2. Shipping damage on incline section. One incline section has a dent in the tip of the ramp. $350

http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...89&id=23069112

3) RLL-87-2. Used as demo ramps at car show. Never driven upon. $380 Sold!

http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...89&id=32054241

4) RLL-87-2-HD with Trailer Ramp Adapter with 2" deep step. Flaws in surface of one platform and trailer ramp adapters. $490

http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...89&id=32054241

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 01-14-2014 at 04:14 PM.
      01-26-2014, 04:35 PM   #17
Fred@ReverseLogic

5000#/pair capacity Heavy Duty Race Ramps from Reverse Logic

Reverse Logic is the only Race Ramps reseller that stocks the Heavy Duty (HD) Race Ramps models. Consequently we sell more HD Race Ramps than any other reseller. Nearly 15% of all the ramps we sell ship out with the HD option. Most other resellers don't even realize they can order the ramps in an HD version. We have been offering the HD ramps since 2011 and we have been stocking them for the last two years.

Standard Race Ramps have a 3000 pound per pair capacity, while the HD Race Ramps are rated at 5000 pounds per pair. So if you have a heavy SUV or pickup truck in addition to your sports car, then you should definitely consider Race Ramps with the Heavy Duty option which are only a $35 upcharge.

Reverse Logic normally stocks the following Race Ramps models with the Heavy Duty option.

RR-56-2-HD (56" L x 12" W x 8" H)
RR-XT-2-HD (67" L x 14" W x 10" H)
RR-RU-HD (14" W x 4" H Roll-ups)
RR-TJ-HD (12" W x 3" H Trak-Jax)
RLL-72-2-HD (72" L x 12" W x 8" H with 6.8˚ initial incline)
RLL-78-2-HD (78" L x 14" W x 12" H with 10.8˚ constant slope)
RLL-87-2-HD (87" L x 14" W x 10" H with 6.8˚*initial incline)
RLL-TR-80-2 (80" L x 14" W 2-pc HD Trailer Ramps)

We don't offer the RLL-80-2 ramp in an HD version. However, the cradle top platform and the shelf of the integrated trailer ramp on the RLL-80-2 model are reinforced.

Commercial shops that use the RR-TJ Trak-Jax to help get the arms of a two-post lift under low cars should consider the more durable RR-TJ-HD model which will stand up to the abuse in a shop environment.

Owners looking for a an extra durable trailer ramp with reinforced top and bottom surfaces should consider the Progressive Incline RLL-TR-80-2. This ramp is designed to be used where cars are loaded and unloaded on non-paved track side parking areas.
      01-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #18
Fred@ReverseLogic

Avoiding the Race Ramps rebate donut hole...

Race Ramps has been running quarterly promotions for a couple of years. The current Q1 2014 $25 cash back rebate applies to orders of $250 or more in Race Ramps products after discounts, shipping, and taxes.

There are quite a few Race Ramps products in the $225 to $250 price range. For example, the going price from most resellers for the RR-56-2 ramps is $228. This is too low to qualify for the rebate offer. You can avoid what I refer to as the rebate donut hole by adding a relatively low value add-on to your order, like a pair of wheel chocks at $31. The combination of the RR-56-2 ramps and RR-WC-2 wheel chocks comes to $259 or $234 after the factory rebate. So the net cost of the wheel chocks is only $6.

If you order your Race Ramps from Reverse Logic you can also take advantage of our 10% Store-Wide discount on orders of $200 or more. Here's an example showing how you can leverage our Store-Wide discount to get more bang for your buck. Order a set of Heavy Duty RR-56-2 ramps for $263 and the RR-WC-2 wheel chocks for $31 for $294 less a $29.40 Store-Wide discount, or $264.60. This order qualifies for the $25 factory rebate bringing your net cost to 239.60. For less than $12 more than you would have spent on the RR-56-2 ramps alone you get 5000 pound per pair capacity ramps and a pair of wheel chocks.

Thanks in advance for considering Reverse Logic as your Race Ramps reseller. Free shipping, of course.
      02-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #19
OilPatch
First Lieutenant

Drives: VW TDi & BMW M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 VW Jetta TDI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred@ReverseLogic View Post
One of the most frequent questions I receive from customers is "Which floor jack do you recommend?"

I have always been reluctant to recommend the inexpensive import floor jacks since most of them get terrible reviews. The $219 aluminum Sears jack, that I paid $125 for on sale, has not failed me in 6 years, but, gets some of the worst reviews.

I decided to add two of the "UPSable" Compac floor jacks to my product offerings. These heavy steel jacks are made in Denmark and have a great reputation for quality. Spare parts are available and they come with a 3-year warranty.

The Compac floor jacks have a removable saddle with a 25mm stem. I include the optional rubber pad which every floor jack purchase at no extra charge.
All my car guy friends drool when they see this floor jack in my garage, it's just solid and easy to tell its great craftsmanship.

About to pull the trigger on some RR-56-2-HD ramps and wheel chocks, is the 25$ rebate still active?
      02-08-2014, 08:34 AM   #20
Fred@ReverseLogic

Thirty years from now you will still be using the same floor jack unless one of your friends borrows it and conveniently forgets to return it. :-)

Yes, the $25 factory rebate goes through 31-Mar-2014 on orders which include $250 in Race Ramps products. The RR-56-2-HD ($263) plus RR-WC-2 ($31) qualifies since the total after our 10% store-wide discount is over the $250 threshold needed for the factory rebate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilPatch;*****363
All my car guy friends drool when they see this floor jack in my garage, it's just solid and easy to tell its great craftsmanship.

About to pull the trigger on some RR-56-2-HD ramps and wheel chocks, is the 25$ rebate still active?

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 03-07-2014 at 07:09 PM.
      06-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #21
Fred@ReverseLogic

Q2 2014 Race Ramps rebate offer ending soon

The factory rebate offer for a free pair of wheel chocks with the purchase of any Race Ramps service ramps, including the custom ramps offered by Reverse Logic, is ending on 30-Jun-2014.

Using the wheel chocks in conjunction with Race Ramps service ramps is considered a best practice. A pair of Race Ramps wheel chocks normally sell for $31.
      07-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #22
Fred@ReverseLogic

See Post #1 in this thread for details about the current Race Ramps rebate offer.