BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-30-2013, 12:21 AM   #287
JWE90
2008 E90 M3 6 spd., no sunroof, no nav, no idrive
United_States
0
Rep
39
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

2008 E90 6spd. 41k miles. 5 track days, all other mileage high speed freeway driving. No issues except the brakes. Melted the brakes and warped rotors on my last track day at Laguna Seca. That cut short the fun. The dealer here is excellent about replacing them at no charge under the extended maintenance plan (highly recommended); I am on my 3rd set of brakes and rotors in 3 years.

Also fuel economy with Neovas is down around 14 mpg.

It is still the best car I've ever owned.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #288
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
SHADY1's Avatar
United_States
52
Rep
2,736
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Killeen, Texas

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Talking I am now apart of the E9X 2008 M3 100k mile club

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
Wow shady, you put a good amount of miles on!

Have you done any oil analysis reports to see how your bearings are holding up? I think after reading the bearing wear/failure threads, everyone who owns a high mileage M should keep a eye on their bear wear regardless of production wear as it is not the bearings but the different tolerances that cause wear and eventual failure.

My DCT mechanotronic(sp?) was toast, lost P, just had it replaced, really lucky that my dealer goodwilled that $5K part.
Good bye Extended Warranty and Hello High Maintenance I just hit the 100K mile mark today on my way to Cars & Coffee in Dallas

I just missed the Oil Analysis test on my last oil change I will do it on the next one. I plan to change the rod bearings and have a leak down test done on my engine.

The only major problem I have now it that my pressure plate is starting to go out on my clutch. It has been like this for a while prior to me having the supercharger installed. I was in no rush to change this because its up in the high RPM at 6500 to 7000 RPM in 3rd gear & 4th gear when you press the "M" button and get on it. Normal driving no problem at all just as long as I don't hit the "M" button and try to go pass 6500 to 7000 RPM in 3rd gear or 4th gear I can still get on it just as long as I shift before then.

For all you 6MT owners just want to give you a head ups what might happen when your pressure plate starts to go out. This will take a long time the M3 has a very strong clutch. I have drove this car to SoCal and back to Texas and then to Las Vegas and back to Texas no problem. This car still drives normal. Now you have to keep in mind 3rd gear at 6500-7000 RPM is already over any posted speed limit and doing the same thing in 4th gear is just the same and this is only when the "M" button is pressed and you are getting on it. This is what happens when I put my car in 3rd gear and press the "M" button. The clutch pedal will actually go down to the floor on its own as I accelerate and will continue to go down to the floor until it goes out of gear at about 6500-7000 RPM slips into neutral. The clutch pedal will stay down until I stop accelerating or shift gears prior to that. It will do the same thing in 4th gear at 6500-7000 RPM. Since I have a Supercharger now I want to be able to enjoy the full power of the Supercharger. There are only 3 choices we have for a new clutch. OEM, Turner Motor Sport only has a Racing Clutch nothing for street. and Spec has the clutch for our M3's.
I ordered the Spec Super Twin Disk Clutch for my M3 it should finally be in the mail sometime next week . I will have the Stealership install my clutch $$$$ I know it will cost more. I don't just trust anybody or shop to change the clutch on my M3. I know if the Stealership screw it up they will fix it. No body has really had clutch problems with the E9X M3 yet like me and I am not giving any shop the chance to use my E9X M3 as a test vehicle and screw it up.

The very latest thing I had to change out was my diff bushing. My M3 broke 5 diff bolts. 2 times prior to my Supercharger being installed. Keep a eye on your diff bushings they are no joke when they go bad and the diff bolt breaks. Mine pissed me off so bad to the point I bought Turner Motor Sport Aluminum Solid Race bushing no more diff bolt problem I do not recommend the Aluminum Solid Race bushing because you will hear the diff whine when driving .

Take a look at this thread it has pics of my diff bushing replacement : http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=843389&page=4
Attached Images
  
__________________

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger,SPEC Super Twin Disk Clutch,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, AA X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,Arkym CF rear Diffuser

Last edited by SHADY1; 07-06-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #289
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
117
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

you guys are all making me feel really good. I'm at 28k on my March 2008 build. lol
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #290
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
82
Rep
5,394
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu
you guys are all making me feel really good. I'm at 28k on my March 2008 build. lol
Holy crap, that's less than 6k miles a year! Take it for a roadtrip!
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Catless Eisenmann Race | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #291
nujabes24
Forever Rest In Beats
nujabes24's Avatar
4
Rep
463
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 MW M4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: nj

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADY1 View Post
Good bye Extended Warranty and Hello High Maintenance I just hit the 100K mile mark today on my way to Cars & Coffee in Dallas

I just missed the Oil Analysis test on my last oil change I will do it on the next one. I plan to change the rod bearings and have a leak down test done on my engine.

The only major problem I have now it that my pressure plate is starting to go out on my clutch. It has been like this for a while prior to me having the supercharger installed. I was in no rush to change this because its up in the high RPM at 6500 to 7000 RPM in 3rd gear & 4th gear when you press the "M" button and get on it. Normal driving no problem at all just as long as I don't hit the "M" button and try to go pass 6500 to 7000 RPM in 3rd gear or 4th gear I can still get on it just as long as I shift before then.

For all you 6MT owners just want to give you a head ups what might happen when your pressure plate starts to go out. This will take a long time the M3 has a very strong clutch. I have drove this car to SoCal and back to Texas and then to Las Vegas and back to Texas no problem. This car still drives normal. Now you have to keep in mind 3rd gear at 6500-7000 RPM is already over any posted speed limit and doing the same thing in 4th gear is just the same and this is only when the "M" button is pressed and you are getting on it. This is what happens when I put my car in 3rd gear and press the "M" button. The clutch pedal will actually go down to the floor on its own as I accelerate and will continue to go down to the floor until it goes out of gear at about 6500-7000 RPM slips into neutral. The clutch pedal will stay down until I stop accelerating or shift gears prior to that. It will do the same thing in 4th gear at 6500-7000 RPM. Since I have a Supercharger now I want to be able to enjoy the full power of the Supercharger. There are only 3 choices we have for a new clutch. OEM, Turner Motor Sport only has a Racing Clutch nothing for street. and Spec has the clutch for our M3's.
I ordered the Spec Super Twin Disk Clutch for my M3 it should finally be in the mail sometime next week . I will have the Stealership install my clutch $$$$ I know it will cost more. I don't just trust anybody or shop to change the clutch on my M3. I know if the Stealership screw it up they will fix it. No body has really had clutch problems with the E9X M3 yet like me and I am not giving any shop the chance to use my E9X M3 as a test vehicle and screw it up.

The very latest thing I had to change out was my diff bushing. My M3 broke 5 diff bolts. 2 times prior to my Supercharger being installed. Keep a eye on your diff bushings they are no joke when they go bad and the diff bolt breaks. Mine pissed me off so bad to the point I bought Turner Motor Sport Aluminum Solid Race bushing no more diff bolt problem I do not recommend the Aluminum Solid Race bushing because you will hear the diff whine when driving .

Take a look at this thread it has pics of my diff bushing replacement : http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=843389&page=4
Awesome dude I got 10,000 left before I hit that mark. Ill keep in mind the info you put
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #292
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
Lorde's Avatar
No_Country
32
Rep
2,519
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Snig

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
75000 miles. Had the A/C purged and recharged. Was about 1psi low on freon. Blows cold again! No leaks in the system.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #293
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
183
Rep
13,828
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Coming up on 80k miles soon.

I had to replace one of my throttle actuators recently. It appears to be a common issue with the S65/S85. You can search the forum for the thread about it. Good news is you can DIY to save a lot of money on labor costs. Bad news is it is an $800 part.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #294
SoTempted
Captain
SoTempted's Avatar
8
Rep
758
Posts

 
Drives: Incompetently
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Clovis, NM

iTrader: (2)

Happy to see this thread, especially you guys with really high miles and no problems. I'm over here getting nervous that I'm about to hit 60k miles by the end of the year. Damn I love this car.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #295
davesaddiction
is fast cars
davesaddiction's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
1,587
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tulsa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu
you guys are all making me feel really good. I'm at 28k on my March 2008 build. lol
Holy crap, that's less than 6k miles a year! Take it for a roadtrip!
No joke! Pull yourself away from the forum and drive your car!
__________________
Daddy's Rocket Sled! _
Clarkson: "It is... pretty much perfect... Why don't I have one of these cars?"
Harris: "The saloon is definitely the M3 of choice."
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #296
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
172
Rep
12,903
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
you guys are all making me feel really good. I'm at 28k on my March 2008 build. lol
I was at 30 on my early 08 build. Its never been my daily though.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #297
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
PhillyNate's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Toyota GT-86
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm at 9900 miles on my 2 year old 05/11 build. The car is not my daily though I wish it were. Honestly, don't wanna jinx myself but it feels like the best automobile purchase I'll ever make. No rattles, no issues, no nothing and it begs for you to beat on it. My appreciation for the car grows exponentially every time I take it out.
__________________

"what I'm driving here...is an ending." Jeremy Clarkson
2014 Whiteout Toyota GT-86 6mt(Presently enjoying WAY more than anticipated)
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #298
SDPRT
Lieutenant
SDPRT's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
558
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3 Space Gray/MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 e92  [0.00]
Update......39250 miles and only ran over a coyote. Poor M.
__________________
RPI GTc/ RPI X-Pipe/DINAN Stage2/KWV3/18" BC Forged RS41/Mode Carbon V2 GTS/RPI AF + Red Scoops/Lux Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #299
glockperfect
Private First Class
1
Rep
182
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e93 m3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: La Jolla, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu
you guys are all making me feel really good. I'm at 28k on my March 2008 build. lol
Holy crap, that's less than 6k miles a year! Take it for a roadtrip!
No joke! Pull yourself away from the forum and drive your car!
Dude's averaging about 4 miles driven per post.
__________________
2008 Melbourne Red vert, 6 MT
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #300
nujabes24
Forever Rest In Beats
nujabes24's Avatar
4
Rep
463
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 MW M4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: nj

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockperfect View Post
Dude's averaging about 4 miles driven per post.
Lmao true
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #301
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
117
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I was at 30 on my early 08 build. Its never been my daily though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockperfect View Post
Dude's averaging about 4 miles driven per post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nujabes24 View Post
Lmao true
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
No joke! Pull yourself away from the forum and drive your car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Holy crap, that's less than 6k miles a year! Take it for a roadtrip!
I am the true M3Post desk racer...lol

seriously though, I take public transportation to work. I would probably murder someone if I had to drive in DC traffic everyday...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #302
davesaddiction
is fast cars
davesaddiction's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
1,587
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tulsa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
seriously though, I take public transportation to work. I would probably murder someone if I had to drive in DC traffic everyday...
I'm very glad/fortunate to live somewhere w/o an oppressive traffic situation. At least you have the option of public transport.

The 4 miles per post comment cracked me up! You should start a thread to see if anyone's got you beat (or is even in the ballpark!).
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #303
phrozen06
NA V8
phrozen06's Avatar
26
Rep
1,550
Posts

 
Drives: 01 330ci, 08 M3 DCT, 08 VW R32
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 3927'33"N 7758'04"W W. Virgina, Kansas

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
I am the true M3Post desk racer...lol

seriously though, I take public transportation to work. I would probably murder someone if I had to drive in DC traffic everyday...
I do unfortunately. I could take the MARC Train but it's too unreliable.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #304
bigtracing
Second Lieutenant
bigtracing's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
210
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 ///M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

at 108k now on my e92. previous owner had a throttle actuator and both keys replaced. now it needs the opposite actuator and a o2 sensor. other wise she still runs really strong. have a squeak which I need to diagnose probably a diff bushing.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #305
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
117
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
I'm very glad/fortunate to live somewhere w/o an oppressive traffic situation. At least you have the option of public transport.

The 4 miles per post comment cracked me up! You should start a thread to see if anyone's got you beat (or is even in the ballpark!).
I was thinking about it, but there's probably a bunch of people who'll beat me b/c it's so easy to control the denominator. So is it a "win" if you have less miles or more miles per post?


Seriously though, the car gets a good workout on weekends...still goes through about a full tank a week just from weekend driving. And i prefer it this way, it makes driving the car more enjoyable rather than a chore.

I use to commute in my old Evo 8, and I hated it, and couldn't find myself taking it out on weekends joyrides. Then I switched to public transport, and the Evo also turned into the same weekend car as the M3, and it allowed me to enjoy the car and have a different perspective of the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #306
meez
Sloppy Seconds Connoisseur
meez's Avatar
9
Rep
553
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 DY E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (5)

50k Miles on my 2011 E90 M3.

thats 25k a year and I have been supercharged for 10k with 3 track days (500 miles on the track).

No problems, just pad and rotor wear
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #307
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
172
Rep
12,903
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockperfect View Post
Dude's averaging about 4 miles driven per post.
Seems you may win some sort of annual m3post award.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #308
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
Radiation Joe's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
2,749
Posts

 
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Macungie PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by meez View Post
50k Miles on my 2011 E90 M3.

thats 25k a year and I have been supercharged for 10k with 3 track days (500 miles on the track).

No problems, just pad and rotor wear
81k on my 2011. No problems other than missing my Dinan center section.
__________________

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST