BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

INDustry distribution

08-03-2017, 12:33 PM   #1
dkracing
///M3NTAL
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

Bimmerfest East

I just recently chatted with Bill Caswell and have begun contributing to BuildRaceParty.com.

Check out my first BRP article about Bimmerfest East: http://buildraceparty.com/bimmerfest...wars-for-bmws/

Let me know what you think and if you attended the show and what you thought.
      08-03-2017, 05:48 PM   #2
jdamore
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3

It was fun! I was there Saturday. Showed up at 9 and went straight to the gate with no wait. There was very little people there because of the weather but besides a little sprinkle on the way there, the rain held out.

I won an award for Top 50! I think there was about 45 cars in the contest tho.

Got some cool free merch and I spent some serious money at the chemical guys booth.

I was 1 of 2 supercharged e9xMs so a lot of questions were coming at me.

I was terribly disappointed with EVERY exhaust from all the fart boxes. There was a Ford Ranger (owned by raceway park) with the muffler falling that sounded better.

Those carbon fiber rims.. i was told $15k for the set. Wow!
      08-03-2017, 05:53 PM   #3
redoubt
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe

Bimmerfest

Wow…..sorry I missed it……great pictures…..looks like a lot of fun…..I have a 2012 M3 Coupe……..Jerez Black with Bamboo interior…..only 20,000 on it since new…….never sees the outside in the Winter……..my fun car for sure !!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 06:57 PM   #4
dkracing
///M3NTAL
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdamore View Post
It was fun! I was there Saturday. Showed up at 9 and went straight to the gate with no wait. There was very little people there because of the weather but besides a little sprinkle on the way there, the rain held out.

I won an award for Top 50! I think there was about 45 cars in the contest tho.

Got some cool free merch and I spent some serious money at the chemical guys booth.

I was 1 of 2 supercharged e9xMs so a lot of questions were coming at me.

I was terribly disappointed with EVERY exhaust from all the fart boxes. There was a Ford Ranger (owned by raceway park) with the muffler falling that sounded better.

Those carbon fiber rims.. i was told $15k for the set. Wow!
hey an award is an award! lol

In terms of free merch, yeah I am kind of excited about this cool FCP Auto shirt with their racecar on the front.

And about exhaust, yeah I would have loved to have gone back in the day when E9X was new.
      08-03-2017, 07:30 PM   #5
dkracing
///M3NTAL
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
Wow…..sorry I missed it……great pictures…..looks like a lot of fun…..I have a 2012 M3 Coupe……..Jerez Black with Bamboo interior…..only 20,000 on it since new…….never sees the outside in the Winter……..my fun car for sure !!
There is another BMW event called //MPact, but I cannot visit that one because I am covering Redbull GRC Atlantic City that week.

You should check ///MPact out and compare.