BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
E92 Lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #23
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
31
Rep
1,646
Posts

 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
how much did this set you back?
They are sponsoring us for One Lap of America so I didn't pay retail. Retail the wing is $1550 and the splitter is about $400ish. I spent lots of hours installing myself so a little elbow grease and back pain is part of the investment
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #24
kchu221
JDM whore
kchu221's Avatar
South Korea
44
Rep
3,021
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (9)

looks great, i love wings!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #25
Boostin FD
Lieutenant Colonel
Boostin FD's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,567
Posts

 
Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. Louis

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
They are sponsoring us for One Lap of America so I didn't pay retail. Retail the wing is $1550 and the splitter is about $400ish. I spent lots of hours installing myself so a little elbow grease and back pain is part of the investment
Cool. Looks good.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #26
m3an
Banned
m3an's Avatar
19
Rep
1,611
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (2)

what are the wheels and specs?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #27
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
31
Rep
1,646
Posts

 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontid View Post
what are the wheels and specs?
Arkym J12's 19x9.5 and 19x11

More info and pictures here http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...8&postcount=43
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #28
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
31
Rep
1,646
Posts

 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
how much did this set you back?
From memory (don't quote me)
Wing was 1300
Splitter was 350

By the way the splitter is up for sale. $300 shipped in usa.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #29
turugara
Major
turugara's Avatar
21
Rep
1,307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
From memory (don't quote me)
Wing was 1300
Splitter was 350

By the way the splitter is up for sale. $300 shipped in usa.
Would the splitter fit an E92?

Also, how did you DIY the trunk? What types of reinforcement did it require?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #30
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
31
Rep
1,646
Posts

 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turugara View Post
Would the splitter fit an E92?

Also, how did you DIY the trunk? What types of reinforcement did it require?
yes it should. I hear the bumper covers are the same.

I didn't reinforce it except with big washers. I studied the structure and ran with it. We did fine up to 170mph
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #31
turugara
Major
turugara's Avatar
21
Rep
1,307
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
yes it should. I hear the bumper covers are the same.

I didn't reinforce it except with big washers. I studied the structure and ran with it. We did fine up to 170mph
Interesting. Do you have some pics of the splitter?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #32
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
31
Rep
1,646
Posts

 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turugara View Post
Interesting. Do you have some pics of the splitter?
Sure!









Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST