BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
 
Uli_HH's Avatar
 
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hamburg Germany

Posts: 572
iTrader: (0)

E90 M3 sedan on the IAA in Frankfurt!?

Found this:

http://blog.worldcarfans.com/index.c...-spy-shots-yet

Seems that this can be true...first - the last spyshots from the "Ring" and the autobahn-shots shows the M3 sedan with very minor cammo less than on the E93s shown on the newest pics...second - the E90 facelift debuts on the IAA 2007 and not late 2008...it would be great for all M3 sedan-fans...like me

it letīs me hope to get my new M3 end of 2007 or early in 2008...my dealer says I get the frist one...in the south of hamburg...

greetings Uli-HH
Uli_HH is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
jpan08
Second Lieutenant
 
jpan08's Avatar
 
Drives: e36 M3, e92 M3, Ninja 300
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West Hartford, CT/ Boston, MA

Posts: 205
iTrader: (0)

any difference to this and the coupe other than number of doors?
jpan08 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
Mark
Administrator
 
Mark's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NY / Philly / Boston

Posts: 3,914
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
No facts here, but I do think both the E90M3 and the E92M3 will be shown there, with possibly the 1-series coupe as well
__________________
The new beast. BMW M5.
Mark is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
mofomat
Captain
 
mofomat's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 (E92)
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maastricht, NL

Posts: 996
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3 View Post
No facts here, but I do think both the E90M3 and the E92M3 will be shown there, with possibly the 1-series coupe as well
The E90 M3 will NOT be at Frankfurt. I guarantee it.

E92 M3 debut in Frankfurt Sep 2007.

E93 M3 cabrio at Geneva Mar 08

E90 M3 sedan at Paris Sep 08.
mofomat is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #5
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
 
ruff's Avatar
 
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The mountains of Utah

Posts: 1,184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
The E90 M3 will NOT be at Frankfurt. I guarantee it.

E92 M3 debut in Frankfurt Sep 2007.

E93 M3 cabrio at Geneva Mar 08

E90 M3 sedan at Paris Sep 08.
Source?
ruff is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #6
MI6
The World is Not Enough
 
MI6's Avatar
 
Drives: Aston DBS-R
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Skyfall

Posts: 1,046
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Source?
I think he pulled it out of his gluteus maximus.....

Very popular source nowadays.................

Just not very accurate.
MI6 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 08:59 PM   #7
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
 
ruff's Avatar
 
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The mountains of Utah

Posts: 1,184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
I think he pulled it out of his gluteus maximus.....

Very popular source nowadays.................

Just not very accurate.
What would be more accurate?
ruff is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2007, 03:20 AM   #8
swamp2
Major General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 9,572
iTrader: (1)

Come on fellas. I know we are all really bored and information starved (status = normal...). But let's stick to the topic. Questioning a source when someone says something is for sure is totally legit. Going on and on with multiple posts "discussing" the "source" question itself is a bit absurd ain't it?
swamp2 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2007, 03:48 AM   #9
mofomat
Captain
 
mofomat's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 (E92)
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maastricht, NL

Posts: 996
iTrader: (0)

If I'm wrong, feel free to resurect this thread and make me feel small.

I GUARANTEE the E90 (sedan) M3 will not be at Frankfurt.

Anybody want to question this?
mofomat is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2007, 05:10 AM   #10
v1p3r
Private First Class
 
Drives: E46 330i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Posts: 184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
If I'm wrong, feel free to resurect this thread and make me feel small.

I GUARANTEE the E90 (sedan) M3 will not be at Frankfurt.

Anybody want to question this?
mofomat, I don't think anyone wants to make you look like an idiot, it's just that we want to know how accurate the info is, because anyone can say "the ///M3 sedan will be at Frankfurt" for example, without having any idea if it's true or not.

The ///M3 laps the Nordschleife in 8:07.

See? I made that up and if I'd have left it like that people would have questioned my source/ the legitimacy of the statement too.

We're all excited about all the ///M3 versions and info is much appreciated, so throwing around info without ANY form of 'proof' is not cool.
v1p3r is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2007, 05:48 AM   #11
Romo
Captain
 
Romo's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M, HP4 Competition
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

Posts: 880
iTrader: (0)

BMW people in Garching told me; "M3 Sedan will not come out until 2008"

This is also the case concerning the E93.

Now Garching is ///M headquarters, so this is the best source I can give you.
Romo is offline   Netherlands
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #12
Mii
First Lieutenant
 
Mii's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
The E90 M3 will NOT be at Frankfurt. I guarantee it.
E92 M3 debut in Frankfurt Sep 2007.
E93 M3 cabrio at Geneva Mar 08
E90 M3 sedan at Paris Sep 08.
E90 M3 sedan may not be in Frankfurt this fall, but the sequence of introduction has been shifted according to Scott. The E90 M3 will be introduced first, then E93 M3 and E91 M3 will follow.
Mii is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2007, 09:54 AM   #13
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
 
ruff's Avatar
 
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The mountains of Utah

Posts: 1,184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mii View Post
E90 M3 sedan may not be in Frankfurt this fall, but the sequence of introduction has been shifted according to Scott. The E90 M3 will be introduced first, then E93 M3 and E91 M3 will follow.
Did Scott suggest when the E90 M3 would be released?
ruff is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2007, 11:57 AM   #14
Mii
First Lieutenant
 
Mii's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Did Scott suggest when the E90 M3 would be released?
This is what Scott mentioned in GCZ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT27
The M3 sedan will be introduced next year. Shooting for marketing the car will probably commence late this year or early next year. Where? Anywhere there is great driving roads , I wont be working on this one as I was only scheduled the Coupe and Cabrio , Now with the Coupe out in the open and the Cabrio being storyboarded and evaluated on as we speak !
Mii is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2007, 02:33 PM   #15
mofomat
Captain
 
mofomat's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 (E92)
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maastricht, NL

Posts: 996
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
mofomat, I don't think anyone wants to make you look like an idiot, it's just that we want to know how accurate the info is, because anyone can say "the ///M3 sedan will be at Frankfurt" for example, without having any idea if it's true or not.

The ///M3 laps the Nordschleife in 8:07.

See? I made that up and if I'd have left it like that people would have questioned my source/ the legitimacy of the statement too.

We're all excited about all the ///M3 versions and info is much appreciated, so throwing around info without ANY form of 'proof' is not cool.
What is this obsession with "proof" everytime somebody makes a statement? I don't need to provide proof for something which is blindingly obvious.

Stating the M3 laps the ring in 8:07 is just plucking a figure from thin air. My statement is based on facts and common sense.

There has been many threads stating (with evidence) that the E90 M3 will be launched sometime next year. Infact, despite a few rumours recently, the Cabrio will also be launched before the sedan.

It is absolutely common sense that the sedan will not be at Frankfurt in Sep. This is where the coupe is making it's world premier. Choose to believe it or not but I guarantee the sedan will not be at Frankfurt in September!

Only an idiot will believe otherwise.
mofomat is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST