BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible > General E46 M3 Talk
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Bigiggs
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135is
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MD/DC/VA

Posts: 213
iTrader: (0)

Wanted: E46 M3 with low miles

Hey guys,

I think I will finally be making the jump. I am looking to purchase an E46 M3 with low miles, preferably silver graphite or imola red, performace package, 6 SPEED, NO MODS, clean record (obviously), well kept, and the whole nine yards. You guys know what I mean....

Please let me know if you guys stumble on one. I have seen a couple online but I am looking to find just the right one. The search begins. I am not in a rush but I would be willing to move fast if the right one comes about.

Thanks in advance.
Bigiggs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
ForensicM3
Private
 
Drives: Not an m3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

What are you looking to pay?
ForensicM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #3
DDS2015
Major
 
Drives: 2011 E90 LCI 328i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg/Minneapolis

Posts: 1,039
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Stumbled upon this a few days ago... Sounds like it's pretty much what you're looking for.

http://mywebsale.com/2006BMWM3FS.html
DDS2015 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2012, 02:46 AM   #4
Merked M3
First Lieutenant
 
Merked M3's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Posts: 356
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS2015 View Post
Stumbled upon this a few days ago... Sounds like it's pretty much what you're looking for.

http://mywebsale.com/2006BMWM3FS.html
That guy is selling it way too hard. He's playing the innocent card x100 and just telling buyers what they want to hear. "I never shift above 7500 rpms" if you're the kind of person who doesn't do that, then you aren't the kind of person who brags about not doing it. IMO.

But yeah buy it, gut it, and put a roll cage in. Wheels, tires, brakes, suspension, wing and aero... Drool. Weekend cars are the best!!
__________________
2008 E90 M3 6-MT - Sold but not forgotten - amazing car

The next car, my Porsche Cayman S
Merked M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
Bigiggs
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135is
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MD/DC/VA

Posts: 213
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForensicM3 View Post
What are you looking to pay?
I think $25k would be a fair price. What do you guys think? I am basing this price on KBB. Is KBB a fair value for such a machine or should I raise my bar and look to pay a bit higher?
Bigiggs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
Bigiggs
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135is
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MD/DC/VA

Posts: 213
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merked M3 View Post
That guy is selling it way too hard. He's playing the innocent card x100 and just telling buyers what they want to hear. "I never shift above 7500 rpms" if you're the kind of person who doesn't do that, then you aren't the kind of person who brags about not doing it. IMO.

But yeah buy it, gut it, and put a roll cage in. Wheels, tires, brakes, suspension, wing and aero... Drool. Weekend cars are the best!!
This guy is actually a forum member. I had the same thought as Merked M3, in that if you are claiming not to do such a thing, then you are most likely doing it every day/every other day. But anyways....I felt the asking price is too high. I am looking more in the $25 to $27 range.

BTW is this a feasible range for my asks?
Bigiggs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
ForensicM3
Private
 
Drives: Not an m3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

It's feasible. What's low miles to you?
ForensicM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
Bigiggs
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135is
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MD/DC/VA

Posts: 213
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForensicM3 View Post
It's feasible. What's low miles to you?
40,000< on a 6 year old car comes out to be 6,666 miles per year, I feel that's reasonable.
Bigiggs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #9
Bigiggs
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135is
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MD/DC/VA

Posts: 213
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS2015 View Post
Stumbled upon this a few days ago... Sounds like it's pretty much what you're looking for.

http://mywebsale.com/2006BMWM3FS.html
I do like that car just think it is a little too overpriced.

Am I delusional here but $31Gs for a 2006 is just absurd imo. Plus I would really like the performance pack also.
Bigiggs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #10
DDS2015
Major
 
Drives: 2011 E90 LCI 328i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg/Minneapolis

Posts: 1,039
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigiggs View Post
I do like that car just think it is a little too overpriced.

Am I delusional here but $31Gs for a 2006 is just absurd imo. Plus I would really like the performance pack also.
TBH I've looking at E46 Ms and for a good low milage one you're looking high 20's to low 30's. Personally when I look more seriously the things I'll look for are specific milage (I'd want less than 30), then transmission (manual only, def don't want an SMG), then colour (I'm pretty open on this one), then car options (preferably no sunroof or nav system but neither are a deal breaker). If I found one I really liked for a few thousand over what I was expecting/wanting to pay I would be ok with that.
DDS2015 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #11
Bigiggs
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135is
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MD/DC/VA

Posts: 213
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS2015 View Post
TBH I've looking at E46 Ms and for a good low milage one you're looking high 20's to low 30's. Personally when I look more seriously the things I'll look for are specific milage (I'd want less than 30), then transmission (manual only, def don't want an SMG), then colour (I'm pretty open on this one), then car options (preferably no sunroof or nav system but neither are a deal breaker). If I found one I really liked for a few thousand over what I was expecting/wanting to pay I would be ok with that.

I think I have the same criteria as you and from the looks of it I may need to raise my budget standard up a notch. Thanks for sharing.
Bigiggs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
ForensicM3
Private
 
Drives: Not an m3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

Check this thread on m3forum.net for recent sales:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=309081

Check this company (enthusiast auto) as they sell some of the nicest in the country:

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?f...1D=20&1574_0=1
ForensicM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #13
DDS2015
Major
 
Drives: 2011 E90 LCI 328i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg/Minneapolis

Posts: 1,039
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigiggs View Post
I think I have the same criteria as you and from the looks of it I may need to raise my budget standard up a notch. Thanks for sharing.
We do have a lot of the same criteria it seems. Although I'm in no position to buy right now, still about 3-4 years away. I still like to look though and see what's out there lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForensicM3 View Post
Check this thread on m3forum.net for recent sales:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=309081

Check this company (enthusiast auto) as they sell some of the nicest in the country:

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?f...1D=20&1574_0=1
I was actually going to post their link. I have them bookmarked in my favourites because they have such awesome car porn lol. I do think that their prices are a tad high (by about 2-3k) but they've already done a lot of the required servicing on their cars with upgraded bushings and new tires on all of them so that extra 2-3k up front will save thousands down the road IMO. They've also got great reviews, but my peeve with them is that they don't give you a free car fax online to look at. Not a big deal really, but it would be nice if it was provided. When I finally am seriously looking for my own car in 3-4 years (I graduate in 3 and it would be a helluva gift to myself) I will most likely buy from them. If you browse around their website they'll actually find a specific car for you if you give them the criteria you want.

I've personally got my heart set on the IB 06 competition pkg with like 38k miles. If only lol.
DDS2015 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #14
ForensicM3
Private
 
Drives: Not an m3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

I'm located in South Florida. I have an 05 M3 metallic gray ext, black int, 6pd, 39,xxx miles, sport pack 19's w/ no rash, sunroof, 100% stock (down to the amber corners), carfax certified, clean title in hand. Fresh PPI thats perfect. Car is 9.5/10. Garaged most of its life. Looking for $28,250. Unless you're willing to pay premo at enthusiast auto, this has to be one of the nicest e46's around.
ForensicM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #15
tylerg0089
Registered
 
Drives: bwm
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: miami

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

m3

can i buy it lol?
tylerg0089 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST