BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
335twins
Lieutenant
335twins's Avatar
9
Rep
513
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i, 2012 x3 35i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ

iTrader: (1)

2008-09 M3 otd price

Hi All,

I was looking around and was surprised that i could find a 2008 m3 for around $40k, hence the reason i was looking to trade my 335i for it. How much should i pay OTD for a 2008 m3 with 30k-40k miles in great condition.
Also, i never drove an m3, is it a fun car to drive with significant power increase from 335i?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
76
Rep
4,644
Posts

Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

First, you'd better drive an M3. It's quite a bit different than your 335i.

Second, you're going to have to list a lot more about the car in question before anyone can give opinions as to if it's a good deal or not. And I mean as much detail as possible about options, and condition.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
335twins
Lieutenant
335twins's Avatar
9
Rep
513
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i, 2012 x3 35i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ

iTrader: (1)

i found this one that looks decent:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
76
Rep
4,644
Posts

Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335twins View Post
i found this one that looks decent:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Seems high to me. One, it's a 2008 which means it's got the old iDrive. 2009+ have the newer/better iDrive. Not sure if you want 6MT or DCT, but that could impact the price, with 6MT being cheaper. Dunno about those rims, but they look pretty ghetto to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
335twins
Lieutenant
335twins's Avatar
9
Rep
513
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i, 2012 x3 35i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Seems high to me. One, it's a 2008 which means it's got the old iDrive. 2009+ have the newer/better iDrive. Not sure if you want 6MT or DCT, but that could impact the price, with 6MT being cheaper. Dunno about those rims, but they look pretty ghetto to me.
I searched and i agree with you, i wouldn't pay more than ~42k for it, i bought my 335i there so maybe they would work with me. I want the 6MT, and yes those rims are nasty, they would have to put the stock ones back on there...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
kdphan
Second Lieutenant
11
Rep
243
Posts

Drives: B8 S4 & Z4MC
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Emeryville, CA

iTrader: (0)

I would into the FS subforum daily.

I found my melbourne red 2008 with all the packages I wanted from a member in socal for $37k. It had 37k miles at the time.

I had to fly down there to pick it up and drive back, but I thought that was the fun part

I definitely think you can score a 2008 model with most packages and under 40k miles for less than 40k.

Keep looking around buddy. And good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #7
wdlfbio
Captain
13
Rep
758
Posts

Drives: Z4 35is, 335xi, Chevy 2500Dmax
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maple Valley, WA

iTrader: (1)

We'll will be selling our loaded 2008 DCT by June. The drive from WA to AZ could be really fun...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662084
__________________
'08 Alpine white E92 M3 with DTC--Sold
'12 Alpine white E92 335 Xdrive with slush box
'07 Summit white Chevy 2500 HD Duramax/Allison
'12 Alpine white Z4 35is via EuroDelivery June 4th
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #8
hieu1004
Second Lieutenant
hieu1004's Avatar
3
Rep
223
Posts

Drives: Space Gray e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bothell, WA

iTrader: (0)

It depends on where you live (supply and demand), private vs dealer and what options you want. Around where I live, an 08 with less than 40k miles will be in the low to mid 40's (dealer). As a reference, I got mine from a local BMW dealer for low 40's (close to mid-40 OTD), FULLY LOADED, clean 1 owner w/less than 40k miles. Again, where you live (supply & demand) will greatly impact the price - M3's run a little higher where I live for example.

This should also help: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366319

Last edited by hieu1004; 04-09-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #9
tamana
Private
0
Rep
51
Posts

Drives: nids
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: veren

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Seems high to me. One, it's a 2008 which means it's got the old iDrive. 2009+ have the newer/better iDrive. Not sure if you want 6MT or DCT, but that could impact the price, with 6MT being cheaper. Dunno about those rims, but they look pretty ghetto to me.
Same here.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #10
mjposner
Major
mjposner's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
1,305
Posts

Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (2)

I got my 08 E93 in December for 42k. The big issues with 08s is the warranty or lack thereof. Mine still had warranty until 10/12.

Most 08s are at the end of the warranty maintenance line. If you can find one with a few months left and go over it with a fine tooth comb, you can possibly get bmw to cover pending issues. Also, they will usually do maintenance if within 1k of he required time.

That said, I would look into an extended warranty or CPO.
__________________
Previous BMW: 14 M235i, 11 BMW M3; 08 BMW M3; 08 BMW Z4M; 04 X3; 02 M3 Convertible; 02 M3; 00 M Roadster; 94 325 convertible; 85 635csi
My other ride: www.mjposner.com/corvair
Check out my Mountain retreat:www.blueridge-rental.com
My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #11
youngnastyman
Major
United_States
66
Rep
1,401
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (13)

Yea that seems a little high. If it was CPO i would say maybe but seeing as its not you will lose warranty pretty soon.

i paid the same for my 08 CPO M3 with less miles and almost every option but DCT and that was a year ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #12
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
1,841
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335twins View Post
i found this one that looks decent:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Good luck in your search. I would definitely drive one before you buy though.

That one you posted above, those rims, ugh. They are hideous.

Looks like something people put on old Impala's or Crown Vics around Fort Bragg, lol...
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'15 Ford F-250 - Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke Turbo-diesel
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #13
335twins
Lieutenant
335twins's Avatar
9
Rep
513
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i, 2012 x3 35i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Good luck in your search. I would definitely drive one before you buy though.

That one you posted above, those rims, ugh. They are hideous.

Looks like something people put on old Impala's or Crown Vics around Fort Bragg, lol...
I agree with you, those rims gotta go, they are disgusting...When you say i need to definitely drive one, you are saying that i might not like it? or i'm gonna forget about my 335i?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
1,841
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335twins View Post
I agree with you, those rims gotta go, they are disgusting...When you say i need to definitely drive one, you are saying that i might not like it? or i'm gonna forget about my 335i?
That you're gonna forget about the 335i. I drove my friends 335 and then test drove my M3. Decision was made pretty quickly.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'15 Ford F-250 - Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke Turbo-diesel
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #15
Dgarcia41982
Private First Class
Dgarcia41982's Avatar
13
Rep
184
Posts

Drives: 2008 m3 sedan
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335twins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Good luck in your search. I would definitely drive one before you buy though.

That one you posted above, those rims, ugh. They are hideous.

Looks like something people put on old Impala's or Crown Vics around Fort Bragg, lol...
I agree with you, those rims gotta go, they are disgusting...When you say i need to definitely drive one, you are saying that i might not like it? or i'm gonna forget about my 335i?
Hes saying that the power delivery is much different! Power in the 335 comes on fast. The m3 shines in the top end.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #16
bmwe92fan
Ex GF's: E60 M5, E65, E63, E53, E46 M3, E39
United_States
0
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335twins View Post
Hi All,

I was looking around and was surprised that i could find a 2008 m3 for around $40k, hence the reason i was looking to trade my 335i for it. How much should i pay OTD for a 2008 m3 with 30k-40k miles in great condition.
Also, i never drove an m3, is it a fun car to drive with significant power increase from 335i?

Thanks
DRIVE one - you'll never look back. I was recently looking at pricing anhd its all over the boaqrd, but a good used model with decent miles, no accidents, good service history, and some remaining warranty can be had at 40k.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #17
335twins
Lieutenant
335twins's Avatar
9
Rep
513
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i, 2012 x3 35i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ

iTrader: (1)

the dealer will not go lower than $45k plus title, license and reg. The car should go for $2k less just for those nasty rims, but o well, i'm not in rush, will keep looking.

Thanks everyone for your input.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #18
bmwe92fan
Ex GF's: E60 M5, E65, E63, E53, E46 M3, E39
United_States
0
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

GREAT decision - patience is your best friend - and your best negotiating tool.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #19
wdlfbio
Captain
13
Rep
758
Posts

Drives: Z4 35is, 335xi, Chevy 2500Dmax
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maple Valley, WA

iTrader: (1)

Just PMd you back. But like others have said, make sure your finances will allow you to afford the M purchase before you drive one. Otherwise, you will be unhappy with yourself. Kinda like accepting the first class upgrade on your flight to somewhere, but then getting stuck back in economy on the way home, and forever after...
__________________
'08 Alpine white E92 M3 with DTC--Sold
'12 Alpine white E92 335 Xdrive with slush box
'07 Summit white Chevy 2500 HD Duramax/Allison
'12 Alpine white Z4 35is via EuroDelivery June 4th
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #20
mjposner
Major
mjposner's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
1,305
Posts

Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (2)

Car has 3 months left on warranty. Wheels are an issue. Car was rear ended as well.

Way over priced.

Here are local 08s near me:

2009 BMW 3 Series M3 Coupe
ACTUAL PRICE! NO HIDDEN FEES! NAVIGATION, MOONROOF, SUPER CLEAN INSIDE AND OUT! BALANCE OF FACTORY WARRANTY, BEST DEAL ON A 2009 M3 ANYWHERE! ONLY$ 42,999!! LIGHT BLUE WITH GRAY LEATHER, POWER FRONT SEATS, MEMORY SEAT, PADDLE SHIFTERS, PARKING SENSOR... Trans:Automatic
Mileage:42,680
Eng Cyl:8
Ext Color:Interlagos Blue Metallic
Stock #37471
VIN #WBSWD93519P362006 Photos (25)
$42,999

2008 BMW 3 Series M3 Convertible
ACTUAL PRICE! NO HIDDEN FEES! INCREDIBLE M-3 RETRACTABLE HARD TOP THOUSANDS BELOW RETAIL!! STUNNING COLOR COMBO, GORGEOUS CUSTOM WHEELS, TECH PACKAGE, NAVIGATION, LEATHER, PREMIUM SOUND, SATELLITE RADIO, HEATED SEATS, FACTORY WARRANTY UNTILL 50K AND ... Trans:Automatic
Mileage:46,878
Eng Cyl:8
Ext Color:Jet Black
Stock #37633
VIN #WBSWL93578P331523 Photos (25)
$38,999

2008 BMW 3 Series M3
ACTUAL PRICE! NO HIDDEN FEES! RARE 4 DOOR M-3!! 6 SPEED ROCKET! TECH PACKAGE, NAVIGATION, MOONROOF, HEATED SEATS, SATELLITE RADIO, BALANCE OF FACTORY WARRANTY AND MUCH MORE!! ONLY$ 34,999!! DARK BLUE WITH BLACK LEATHER, SPOILER, HEATED FRONT SEATS, C... Trans:Manual
Mileage:47,647
Eng Cyl:8
Ext Colorark Blue
Stock #36297
VIN #WBSVA935X8E041502 Photos (25)
$34,999
__________________
Previous BMW: 14 M235i, 11 BMW M3; 08 BMW M3; 08 BMW Z4M; 04 X3; 02 M3 Convertible; 02 M3; 00 M Roadster; 94 325 convertible; 85 635csi
My other ride: www.mjposner.com/corvair
Check out my Mountain retreat:www.blueridge-rental.com
My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #21
335twins
Lieutenant
335twins's Avatar
9
Rep
513
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i, 2012 x3 35i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
Car has 3 months left on warranty. Wheels are an issue. Car was rear ended as well.

Way over priced.

Here are local 08s near me:

2009 BMW 3 Series M3 Coupe
ACTUAL PRICE! NO HIDDEN FEES! NAVIGATION, MOONROOF, SUPER CLEAN INSIDE AND OUT! BALANCE OF FACTORY WARRANTY, BEST DEAL ON A 2009 M3 ANYWHERE! ONLY$ 42,999!! LIGHT BLUE WITH GRAY LEATHER, POWER FRONT SEATS, MEMORY SEAT, PADDLE SHIFTERS, PARKING SENSOR... Trans:Automatic
Mileage:42,680
Eng Cyl:8
Ext Color:Interlagos Blue Metallic
Stock #37471
VIN #WBSWD93519P362006 Photos (25)
$42,999

2008 BMW 3 Series M3 Convertible
ACTUAL PRICE! NO HIDDEN FEES! INCREDIBLE M-3 RETRACTABLE HARD TOP THOUSANDS BELOW RETAIL!! STUNNING COLOR COMBO, GORGEOUS CUSTOM WHEELS, TECH PACKAGE, NAVIGATION, LEATHER, PREMIUM SOUND, SATELLITE RADIO, HEATED SEATS, FACTORY WARRANTY UNTILL 50K AND ... Trans:Automatic
Mileage:46,878
Eng Cyl:8
Ext Color:Jet Black
Stock #37633
VIN #WBSWL93578P331523 Photos (25)
$38,999

2008 BMW 3 Series M3
ACTUAL PRICE! NO HIDDEN FEES! RARE 4 DOOR M-3!! 6 SPEED ROCKET! TECH PACKAGE, NAVIGATION, MOONROOF, HEATED SEATS, SATELLITE RADIO, BALANCE OF FACTORY WARRANTY AND MUCH MORE!! ONLY$ 34,999!! DARK BLUE WITH BLACK LEATHER, SPOILER, HEATED FRONT SEATS, C... Trans:Manual
Mileage:47,647
Eng Cyl:8
Ext Colorark Blue
Stock #36297
VIN #WBSVA935X8E041502 Photos (25)
$34,999
holy sh*t, you are correct, thats why i love this forum, i totally missed the rear ended thing, now i am pissed, this tool wants $45k for a car that was in a accident, didn't even mention anything about it, just emailed him.. urghh
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #22
WaynerMenard
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: aodi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ppo

iTrader: (0)

It's quite a bit different than your 335i.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST