BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source

05-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #45
SchnellM3
Digger

Drives: 03 E46 M3, 09 E92 M3, 09 X6 50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
That's what I'll be doing! Still an OEM bumper, costs less, and no need to sell an extra bumper.
Yep, with a quality shop you'll never know that its not a true Euro Bumper. Only way I'd go all out with the Euro is if you want the front PDC but personally I don't see any need for that....

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
SchnellM3 is offline   United_States
      05-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #46
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Drives: ^^^^^

Agreed, the body shop I use is top notch. You saw my car in my other thread. They shaved my trunk, added metal backing, filled hole and resprayed the trunk to match a 5 year old paint job at the time. 4 years later, still looks great. I'll have the E92 bumper done at the same time I have them paint my challenge trunk. The money saved allows for other mods
tbone28 is offline   United_States
      05-24-2012, 01:42 AM   #47
exmowner
Captain

Drives: ESS 625 M3\\\

from my understanding there is no "original paint'' but paint codes that match. I'm told bmw doesn't sell premixed paint in quantities
      05-24-2012, 01:50 AM   #48
exmowner
Captain

so after speaking with IND and a few other shops it looks like BMW does not offer pre painted items any longer. Seeing on how the damage was quite minor i've decided to go with a local body shop called autobuggati they are the official paint shop of ferrari and austin m. in eastern canada. They are also the exclusive saleen and panos dealers of eastern canada so i trust there work. The shop manager explained that the damage was extremely minor and no putty would be needed. Also they will only be painting that spot of the scratch on the bumper and clear the rest so in part it will be original paint.

As for IND all i can say is thumbs up to their excellent customers service! I spoke with Andrew and he was able to answer any and all questions i had on the euro bumpers, and with which i ordered a euro front bumper. Can wait to receive and install will post pics as soon as its done! Thanks again
      05-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #49
exmowner
Captain

Ps I forgot to mention i had auto bugatti remove the rear bumper from the car and i had it flat bedded back home! Now thats anal! Will return when it's had time to cure in the paint booth!