BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #111
superg
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: 09 e93 ///, Gwagon
Join Date: May 2012
Location: tejas

iTrader: (0)

New member here..
I tried it with the usb flash drive but it kept on erroring out (2009 hd nav)
Odd thing is the 7.5gb extracted file that Windows reports turns out to be 4ish gb after glovebox usb attempt. Somehow the updating deletes some files in the process.

Will burn these isos to dvd dl and try again this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #112
mark896
Warrant Officer
mark896's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
458
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335is
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

Does anybody know how to get the update to actually 'start'? Twice now, I've inserted the DVD into the drive and with one disc I got 'unreadable' under the CD/DVD screen, so I re-burned a disc (using .iso image) and it says no disc detected. Both times, I did NOT start the car, I only used battery power. What the hell am I doing wrong?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #113
tmntmn
///M
United_States
44
Rep
1,903
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark896 View Post
Does anybody know how to get the update to actually 'start'? Twice now, I've inserted the DVD into the drive and with one disc I got 'unreadable' under the CD/DVD screen, so I re-burned a disc (using .iso image) and it says no disc detected. Both times, I did NOT start the car, I only used battery power. What the hell am I doing wrong?
I use IMGBURN (free software) to burn all 3disc at 2x and it read mine on mine, i just pop the disc in and it ask me if i wanted to update.
__________________
THANKS TO:~<RPM>~ ~<SONICMS>~ ~<MODECARBON>~ ~<McKennaPerformance>~
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, ACM TP, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #114
mark896
Warrant Officer
mark896's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
458
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335is
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark896 View Post
Does anybody know how to get the update to actually 'start'? Twice now, I've inserted the DVD into the drive and with one disc I got 'unreadable' under the CD/DVD screen, so I re-burned a disc (using .iso image) and it says no disc detected. Both times, I did NOT start the car, I only used battery power. What the hell am I doing wrong?
I use IMGBURN (free software) to burn all 3disc at 2x and it read mine on mine, i just pop the disc in and it ask me if i wanted to update.
So, you just popped the disc in and it prompted you? Was the car turned on with engine running? Can you give me the exact file sizes of your files? I cant fuggin figure this out
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #115
tmntmn
///M
United_States
44
Rep
1,903
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark896 View Post
So, you just popped the disc in and it prompted you? Was the car turned on with engine running? Can you give me the exact file sizes of your files? I cant fuggin figure this out
My car was on when I put in my disk, I'm not at home but I'll check and let you know the disk size when I am
__________________
THANKS TO:~<RPM>~ ~<SONICMS>~ ~<MODECARBON>~ ~<McKennaPerformance>~
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, ACM TP, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #116
e1000
that's what SHE said!
11
Rep
1,076
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superg View Post
New member here..
I tried it with the usb flash drive but it kept on erroring out (2009 hd nav)
Odd thing is the 7.5gb extracted file that Windows reports turns out to be 4ish gb after glovebox usb attempt. Somehow the updating deletes some files in the process.

Will burn these isos to dvd dl and try again this weekend.
There's something wrong, I just checked and nothing was deleted off of the memory cards I used.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #117
mark896
Warrant Officer
mark896's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
458
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335is
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

I just tried it with engine running, nothin. Still says 'unreadable'. I used DVD-DL's and burned using the 'create disc from iso image' option.

Only other thing I can think of my download manager didnt download the complete file, which is near impossible. Either that or I am burning the .iso image incorrectly, somehow using the wrong settings. I've never burned a dvd-dl but it seems pretty straight-forward.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #118
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
130
Rep
6,481
Posts

 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark896 View Post
I just tried it with engine running, nothin. Still says 'unreadable'. I used DVD-DL's and burned using the 'create disc from iso image' option.

Only other thing I can think of my download manager didnt download the complete file, which is near impossible. Either that or I am burning the .iso image incorrectly, somehow using the wrong settings. I've never burned a dvd-dl but it seems pretty straight-forward.
just thought of something
could it be an issue of dvd+r and dvd-r?
didn't some readers have issues with only reading one or the other?
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #119
mark896
Warrant Officer
mark896's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
458
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335is
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
just thought of something
could it be an issue of dvd+r and dvd-r?
didn't some readers have issues with only reading one or the other?
Hmm, dunno. I bought Memorex DVD+R DL dvd's. Shouldn't they work with the car? My laptop seemed to burn them just fine, I used the slowest speed possible, 2.4x.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #120
superg
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: 09 e93 ///, Gwagon
Join Date: May 2012
Location: tejas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
There's something wrong, I just checked and nothing was deleted off of the memory cards I used.
Going to redownload the isos directly via browser instead of the download manager and burning it to dvd this time.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #121
e1000
that's what SHE said!
11
Rep
1,076
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OC

iTrader: (1)

FYI, here are the MD5's for each of the DVD iso files:

Disc 1: 61f60c96d9d5a0c148e047a56d94271f
Disc 2: 3630b1a0e2338d9ca4a371c3f30f7e36
Disc 3: 2d22d3fe820a992b33a73915967fff3b
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #122
mark896
Warrant Officer
mark896's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
458
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335is
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
FYI, here are the MD5's for each of the DVD iso files:

Disc 1: 61f60c96d9d5a0c148e047a56d94271f
Disc 2: 3630b1a0e2338d9ca4a371c3f30f7e36
Disc 3: 2d22d3fe820a992b33a73915967fff3b
What's this for?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #123
e1000
that's what SHE said!
11
Rep
1,076
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark896 View Post
What's this for?
These are MD5 checksum hash's for those 3 files. If you download the file, then generate a hash on your side, you can have a very high expectation that the file is correct and exactly the same as a good copy. If the file downloaded results in a different hash, the download may have corrupted the file. You can use the following utility if you use Windows.

http://www.bullzip.com/products/md5/info.php
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #124
mark896
Warrant Officer
mark896's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
458
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335is
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
These are MD5 checksum hash's for those 3 files. If you download the file, then generate a hash on your side, you can have a very high expectation that the file is correct and exactly the same as a good copy. If the file downloaded results in a different hash, the download may have corrupted the file. You can use the following utility if you use Windows.

http://www.bullzip.com/products/md5/info.php
Wow, ok. I'll check it out, this shit's getting frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #125
superg
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: 09 e93 ///, Gwagon
Join Date: May 2012
Location: tejas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
FYI, here are the MD5's for each of the DVD iso files:

Disc 1: 61f60c96d9d5a0c148e047a56d94271f
Disc 2: 3630b1a0e2338d9ca4a371c3f30f7e36
Disc 3: 2d22d3fe820a992b33a73915967fff3b
Thanks, I compared the 1st disc checksum (using the download manager program) = 2557dd77d943d1bbf4113329d201e282
Comparing it with standard browser download of disc 1 which came out to be
the same as above 61f60c96d9d5a0c148e047a56d94271f.

So while that download manager did manage to create an iso file, it was a bad one.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #126
mark896
Warrant Officer
mark896's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
458
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335is
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

Just generated a hash for the first file, completely different. I'm about to just send kmarei a thumb stick and he can send it back to me with the .isos.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #127
e1000
that's what SHE said!
11
Rep
1,076
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark896 View Post
Just generated a hash for the first file, completely different. I'm about to just send kmarei a thumb stick and he can send it back to me with the .isos.
PM sent!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #128
superg
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: 09 e93 ///, Gwagon
Join Date: May 2012
Location: tejas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark896 View Post
Just generated a hash for the first file, completely different. I'm about to just send kmarei a thumb stick and he can send it back to me with the .isos.
Ask him if he can break the iso into a 7-8 rar set (self extracting/exe/no compression) at 1gb a piece. That way there's a greater chance of downloading multiple 1gb parts vs a big single 7-8gb file.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #129
mark896
Warrant Officer
mark896's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
458
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335is
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

The thing that puzzles me the most, is everyone else seems to download it perfectly. I'm on a 20MB/download cable connection, never had an issue such as this. Blowing my fucking mind.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #130
superg
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: 09 e93 ///, Gwagon
Join Date: May 2012
Location: tejas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark896 View Post
The thing that puzzles me the most, is everyone else seems to download it perfectly. I'm on a 20MB/download cable connection, never had an issue such as this. Blowing my fucking mind.
I wasnt able to download it properly the first time either, that internet download manager had a couple disconnects which apparently caused the iso corruption.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #131
mark896
Warrant Officer
mark896's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
458
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335is
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superg View Post
I wasnt able to download it properly the first time either, that internet download manager had a couple disconnects which apparently caused the iso corruption.
Exact same prog I'm using. Tried another, it wouldnt work entirely. Internet exploder's inherent download manager quit everytime too. One time, it downloaded 10GB+ for one file before I had to stop it.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #132
e1000
that's what SHE said!
11
Rep
1,076
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark896 View Post
The thing that puzzles me the most, is everyone else seems to download it perfectly. I'm on a 20MB/download cable connection, never had an issue such as this. Blowing my fucking mind.
May not be your connection that's the problem. 22GB is a LOT to download and if one little thing is off that iso will be unusable.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST