BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast
 
E92 Lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
Nine
Banned
 
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC, Miami, NYC

Posts: 1,925
iTrader: (2)

Best South Beach Hotel, for cheap bastards, with taste?

Hey guys,
I have the difficult task of trying to find a great hotel, for a bunch of younger guys, some still full time students, others, just plain cheap bastards. Budget range around $200 a night per room...

What are some of the best South Beach hotels, given the limitations?

Thanks.
Nine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
IFX
Banned
 
Drives: AW e46M/N54
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Fla.

Posts: 2,538
iTrader: (1)

airbnb.com

someone introduced me to that site awhile ago, i checked it out.. seems ok. Do you HW first though.
IFX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 06:20 AM   #3
porshah
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ

Posts: 398
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
www.magellanvacations.com

I stayed at the Z Ocean in South Beach. They got me the best rate. If you want a contact, send me a PM.
porshah is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
chris s
Major General
 
chris s's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 5,302
iTrader: (8)

Not likely happening! Try Essex house, prob not 200/nite tho!
__________________

2012 MR e92 M3 DCT, fully loaded... ESS VT2-625, Brembo 380, BBS FI's, Akra/Challenge Sport, KW Sleeve kit, Full OEM CF Interior
2008 e92 M3 Coupe 6MT | AW/BLK Extended...SOLD!
chris s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
Nine
Banned
 
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC, Miami, NYC

Posts: 1,925
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Not likely happening!
True.

Any night life recommendations?
Nine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #6
CarbonAlpine
Lieutenant
 
CarbonAlpine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Miami

Posts: 581
iTrader: (13)

The deauville (spelled wrong I'm sure) is on Collins and sixty something...they have ocean front rooms under 200. But on south beach, really hard to be under 200 unless it's a really small dorm sized room without continental bf.

__________________
CarbonAlpine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 12:19 AM   #7
CarbonAlpine
Lieutenant
 
CarbonAlpine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Miami

Posts: 581
iTrader: (13)

And for nightlife, you'll likely spend more than your budgeted nightly rate...but LIV is very nice. Also red bar, Mokai, amnesia (not sure if opened yet).

If u want bars, wet willies or señor frogs.

Gl
__________________
CarbonAlpine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
Nine
Banned
 
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC, Miami, NYC

Posts: 1,925
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonAlpine View Post
And for nightlife, you'll likely spend more than your budgeted nightly rate...but LIV is very nice. Also red bar, Mokai, amnesia (not sure if opened yet).

If u want bars, wet willies or señor frogs.

Gl
Oh, yes. I will likely pick up the bottle service or whatever, so it's no big deal. I will do my best to avoid Wet Willies.
Nine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #9
MiamiE93Vert
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 269
iTrader: (0)

Have an intimate conversation with your wallet, because if you are trying to be on a budget for the benefit of some group members, South Beach is probably the wrong place. It is as expensive as anywhere you could have a good time at night, including vegas on the strip. Don't get me wrong, it can be a blast; Go, enjoy and have fun, but you will all have more fun if the guys on a budget go with their eyes open and know what to expect; if some guys cannot afford a location, talk it over, split up and meet up after.

Have fun!
MiamiE93Vert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #10
Nine
Banned
 
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC, Miami, NYC

Posts: 1,925
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE93Vert View Post
Have an intimate conversation with your wallet, because if you are trying to be on a budget for the benefit of some group members, South Beach is probably the wrong place. It is as expensive as anywhere you could have a good time at night, including vegas on the strip. Don't get me wrong, it can be a blast; Go, enjoy and have fun, but you will all have more fun if the guys on a budget go with their eyes open and know what to expect; if some guys cannot afford a location, talk it over, split up and meet up after.

Have fun!
Yup I 100% agree.

------------------

Thanks for the responses, if anyone has any clubs or spots that they would reccommend, I would appreciate any advice you guys give. Otherwise, if you see a guy in a black escalade waving at you, in the next few weeks, it could be me
Nine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
chris s
Major General
 
chris s's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 5,302
iTrader: (8)

I agree with the above... South Beach on a budget is REALLY difficult. Definitely plan to get some liquor and pre-drink. You'll get banged hard at the door with cover charges and drinks are pretty ridiculous.

Nikki beach is a must see, skybar maybe... If you want something more "local" definitely check out mangos and the clevelander. Both will be more reasonably priced and are classic south beach spots!
__________________

2012 MR e92 M3 DCT, fully loaded... ESS VT2-625, Brembo 380, BBS FI's, Akra/Challenge Sport, KW Sleeve kit, Full OEM CF Interior
2008 e92 M3 Coupe 6MT | AW/BLK Extended...SOLD!
chris s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #12
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,221
iTrader: (5)

like the title. dont know about south beach but made me laugh.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
MiamiE93Vert
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 269
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Yup I 100% agree.

------------------

Thanks for the responses, if anyone has any clubs or spots that they would reccommend, I would appreciate any advice you guys give. Otherwise, if you see a guy in a black escalade waving at you, in the next few weeks, it could be me
It has been a while since I have been to the beach, but as some have said Liv I believe is the club to be seen in at the moment. During the day, the beach between 5th and 12th should be great people watching. Also, check out Lincoln Road during the day, it is an experience. Like another person said, drink before you go out so that you save on drinks in the bar, and later at night walk up and down Ocean and Collins around 5th street, it is highly entertaining and can be as fun as the clubs sometimes. Also, as a car guy, check out the parking lots around Joes and Prime 112 during the dinner hours; this time of year you will see almost all exotics or high end cars on the market parked in or around the valets at night. I once saw an F40 idling in traffic (still with its racing numbers) on the beach around Lincoln Road and felt bad for the car.
MiamiE93Vert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
ForensicM3
Private
 
Drives: Not an m3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

hit priceline.com. Might be able to come up with something. I usually get work to pay for the Ritz and Loews though
ForensicM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #15
Nine
Banned
 
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC, Miami, NYC

Posts: 1,925
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForensicM3 View Post
hit priceline.com. Might be able to come up with something. I usually get work to pay for the Ritz and Loews though
PM'ing you
Nine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #16
Nine
Banned
 
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC, Miami, NYC

Posts: 1,925
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE93Vert View Post
It has been a while since I have been to the beach, but as some have said Liv I believe is the club to be seen in at the moment. During the day, the beach between 5th and 12th should be great people watching. Also, check out Lincoln Road during the day, it is an experience. Like another person said, drink before you go out so that you save on drinks in the bar, and later at night walk up and down Ocean and Collins around 5th street, it is highly entertaining and can be as fun as the clubs sometimes. Also, as a car guy, check out the parking lots around Joes and Prime 112 during the dinner hours; this time of year you will see almost all exotics or high end cars on the market parked in or around the valets at night. I once saw an F40 idling in traffic (still with its racing numbers) on the beach around Lincoln Road and felt bad for the car.
Oh yes, I will swing by.

Prime 112 didn't look that expensive, is it really around a $40-$60 dollar plate, place? Is it worth it? In the past, I've found south beach food to be subpar, even to other areas of florida. I'm not sure if it is the food, water or what.
Nine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #17
MiamiE93Vert
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 269
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Oh yes, I will swing by.

Prime 112 didn't look that expensive, is it really around a $40-$60 dollar plate, place? Is it worth it? In the past, I've found south beach food to be subpar, even to other areas of florida. I'm not sure if it is the food, water or what.
The times I have gone to Prime 112 the food has been excellent. Specifically, if you like foie gras it is the best I have ever had. I recommend Prime 112 or Joes as one of your locations for dinner, but if you can't get in at night go to Joes for lunch.
MiamiE93Vert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST