BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
tvieso
Runner. Adventurer. Designer.
tvieso's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
425
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 (MW)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: US - Providence, RI

iTrader: (0)

HELP! Google locked me out of my account..

Google locked me out of my account for "suspicious activity" when I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. This is a serious serious issue that I need resolved NOW since access to my Google is paramount for my redeployment. I'm freaking out.

I can't "verify" my account because my mobile is off and Google has shit for telephone support. I'm just going in circles online with the different "help topics" that offer you zero solutions. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

-Travis
__________________

2012 E92 M3 | MW | DCT | KW V3 | Edition Cosmetics | 19" MORR VS8.2 - Brushed w/ Tinted Clear | F1 Pinnacle 35%
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
Epacy2
Major
34
Rep
1,254
Posts

 
Drives: M3/X5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Since you need it resolved now, it's good you came to this message board. Give me your username and password and I will help.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
Bimmer84's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,826
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [3.75]
Why is google so important for your re-deployment? Just wondering..
__________________
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
Maestro
Captain
44
Rep
902
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Teach you a lesson for put your faith in Google, personally this is why I still maintain a real ISP email account verse these free account since they can at any time shut you down without any notice. You account could have been taken over and someone could have been using it to spam the world, you could be hosed for a while that is for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
tvieso
Runner. Adventurer. Designer.
tvieso's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
425
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 (MW)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: US - Providence, RI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
Since you need it resolved now, it's good you came to this message board. Give me your username and password and I will help.
Absolutely not, but thanks for your asinine comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer84 View Post
Why is google so important for your re-deployment? Just wondering..
Just makes things A LOT easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Teach you a lesson for put your faith in Google, personally this is why I still maintain a real ISP email account verse these free account since they can at any time shut you down without any notice. You account could have been taken over and someone could have been using it to spam the world, you could be hosed for a while that is for sure.
Good point, though nothing is 100% secure. What/who do you use for your email then? This is the first problem I've had with Google after several years.
__________________

2012 E92 M3 | MW | DCT | KW V3 | Edition Cosmetics | 19" MORR VS8.2 - Brushed w/ Tinted Clear | F1 Pinnacle 35%
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #6
Epacy2
Major
34
Rep
1,254
Posts

 
Drives: M3/X5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvieso View Post
Absolutely not, but thanks for your asinine comment.
You coming to a BMW board to get your Gmail account resolved is asinine.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
tvieso
Runner. Adventurer. Designer.
tvieso's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
425
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 (MW)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: US - Providence, RI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
You coming to a BMW board to get your Gmail account resolved is asinine.
Right, because why should I kindly ask for help somewhere else when I can call or email Google Customer Support. Oh wait, they don't have either listed. And to post threads on the Google forum, you have to be "signed in"...which I cannot do.

You're right though, I guess asking for help anywhere outside of the immediate scope of my problem is pretty ridiculous. That would require someone else to have a little compassion.

Please don't comment on this thread anymore.
__________________

2012 E92 M3 | MW | DCT | KW V3 | Edition Cosmetics | 19" MORR VS8.2 - Brushed w/ Tinted Clear | F1 Pinnacle 35%
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #8
abisson
Canada FTW.
abisson's Avatar
Canada
37
Rep
516
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 GTI MKVI
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple Syrup Country

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvieso View Post
Right, because why should I kindly ask for help somewhere else when I can call or email Google Customer Support. Oh wait, they don't have either listed. And to post threads on the Google forum, you have to be "signed in"...which I cannot do.

You're right though, I guess asking for help anywhere outside of the immediate scope of my problem is pretty ridiculous. That would require someone else to have a little compassion.

Please don't comment on this thread anymore.
He is just being serious, and this is no place to find help for this issue. Try contacting Google, post on StackOverflow.... anywhere else than OT here will make your life easier.

Don't be angry at realistic people who comment on your thread.

Btw, never trust Google.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
tvieso
Runner. Adventurer. Designer.
tvieso's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
425
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 (MW)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: US - Providence, RI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
He is just being serious, and this is no place to find help for this issue. Try contacting Google, post on StackOverflow.... anywhere else than OT here will make your life easier.

Don't be angry at realistic people who comment on your thread.

Btw, never trust Google.
Thank you for actually trying to help me. I didn't even know about stackoverflow. This wasn't the only place I've tried for help either. I was just going with a shotgun approach to get any help as quickly as possible.
__________________

2012 E92 M3 | MW | DCT | KW V3 | Edition Cosmetics | 19" MORR VS8.2 - Brushed w/ Tinted Clear | F1 Pinnacle 35%
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
Epacy2
Major
34
Rep
1,254
Posts

 
Drives: M3/X5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvieso View Post
Right, because why should I kindly ask for help somewhere else when I can call or email Google Customer Support. Oh wait, they don't have either listed. And to post threads on the Google forum, you have to be "signed in"...which I cannot do.

You're right though, I guess asking for help anywhere outside of the immediate scope of my problem is pretty ridiculous. That would require someone else to have a little compassion.

Please don't comment on this thread anymore.
Comment.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #11
Maestro
Captain
44
Rep
902
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvieso View Post
Good point, though nothing is 100% secure. What/who do you use for your email then? This is the first problem I've had with Google after several years.
My ISP is my my email account in my case it is Comcast and they have web access as well. Also I have a life long Email account from my University which allows me to foreward any mail coming to that address to any place I want so even if I change ISP it is invisible to anyone since I just change the forwarding location.

Everyone gets caught up on these free email accounts but they have their downs sides. Plus if something happen to my ISP account and since I pay for internet access I can always call and get it sorted out. Companies like Google are not going to provide support for something you are not paying for.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
tvieso
Runner. Adventurer. Designer.
tvieso's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
425
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 (MW)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: US - Providence, RI

iTrader: (0)

Well, I was finally able to regain access to my account through verification via a friend back in the US. What a shit show that was, between having to run back and forth from computers, webpages not loading and frequent power outages.

Here's a link for some useful tips in case it happens to anyone else.
http://gmailaccountrecovery.blogspot.com/#security
__________________

2012 E92 M3 | MW | DCT | KW V3 | Edition Cosmetics | 19" MORR VS8.2 - Brushed w/ Tinted Clear | F1 Pinnacle 35%
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST