BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #23
dibxna
Lieutenant
dibxna's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: arizona

iTrader: (0)

You older drivers should show some more respect for us younger guys and stop with the comments about we wreck our cars and don't deserve to drive these cars because we aren't responsible enough... I paid for my own college education. Worked three jobs. Graduated in 4 years in spite of partying (asu grad), and bought my house at 22 and my m3 at 25. Have I had tickets? Absolutely. Have u had tickets? I'm certain u have. Just because youre older makes it more acceptable and less irresponsible?

Either way, hate away old people... At the end of the day I've got my m3 through my own hard work and love every minute of it.

Sorry for ranting...

Insurance info:
State farm
E90 m3 dct (2009)
500 deductible max coverage
653.xx every 6 months.
__________________
*15' F82 M4 :: Mineral White w/ Speed Cloth! :: DCT :: fully optioned minus CCB*
*09' E90 M3 :: Le Mans Blue w/ silver novillo :: DCT*
*66' 427 Big Block Corvette :: Maroon :: Straight Piped*
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #24
Sandye90m3
Captain
Sandye90m3's Avatar
Canada
13
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Lol, the oldies get jealous QuickTime...

But I'm paying $2700
__________________
M3.e90 JZB blacked out.coded.TurnerTestPipes
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #25
Seven7
First Lieutenant
Canada
15
Rep
348
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver BC

iTrader: (1)

Age: 19
Year/Type: 2011 E92
City Size: Big
Insurance Company: Johnston Meier
Insurance policy without parents: $7021/yr, With parents $2000/yr (Currently without parents but beginning of summer will be with parents and both are full coverage covering up to 5 million dollars)

Last edited by Seven7; 03-24-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 12:50 AM   #26
Epacy2
Major
34
Rep
1,254
Posts

 
Drives: M3/X5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Age 28, $53/month.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 12:51 AM   #27
FVM3
Major General
FVM3's Avatar
115
Rep
5,739
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
If there were owners between 16-26 they'd write like this
"aNyonE betWeeN the aGE of 16 tO 26?"


Lot of m3s i see in high school parking
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #28
ty1gonz27M
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: want E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: u.s.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibxna View Post
You older drivers should show some more respect for us younger guys and stop with the comments about we wreck our cars and don't deserve to drive these cars because we aren't responsible enough... I paid for my own college education. Worked three jobs. Graduated in 4 years in spite of partying (asu grad), and bought my house at 22 and my m3 at 25. Have I had tickets? Absolutely. Have u had tickets? I'm certain u have. Just because youre older makes it more acceptable and less irresponsible?

Either way, hate away old people... At the end of the day I've got my m3 through my own hard work and love every minute of it.

Sorry for ranting...

Insurance info:
State farm
E90 m3 dct (2009)
500 deductible max coverage
653.xx every 6 months.
Totally agree with you, I am 19 years old turning 20 in the military serving overseas won't see friends and family for two years but will be purchasing an m3 when i return to the states. I have also been told on other forums you shouldn't be buying this type of car at your age. I say no really your telling me I can leave friends n family serve in the military at my age but I can't buy a car that I want. I just don't understand...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 01:05 AM   #29
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
13,001
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty1gonz27M View Post
Totally agree with you, I am 19 years old turning 20 in the military serving overseas won't see friends and family for two years but will be purchasing an m3 when i return to the states. I have also been told on other forums you shouldn't be buying this type of car at your age. I say no really your telling me I can leave friends n family serve in the military at my age but I can't buy a car that I want. I just don't understand...
this i respect. thanks for your service.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #30
Frostbite
Lieutenant
United_States
9
Rep
568
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (-1)

Garage List
I'm 27, the primary driver, full coverage w/ Liberty Mutual, $1008 a yr.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 02:26 AM   #31
johal89
Private
United_States
2
Rep
54
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Min white E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California Sf bay

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [1.00]
Age:22
Year:2012 E92M3 and a 2009 yamaha R1
City:San Mateo,Average
Insurance:Progressive: without my parents
Total cost per year $5100 because of 2 speeding tickets both on my bike
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 04:19 AM   #32
atruelunatic
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
286
Posts

 
Drives: n/a
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: East Bay, California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali01 View Post
$1600 a year isn't that bad, considering the assessed value(over $65k), and you bought brand new I'm guessing. If you don't mind me asking did you put it down as your DD?
Yeah, we put it down as the DD with 1k mi/month. And you are correct that it was bought brand new.
__________________
2011 e92 JzB 6MT
Akrapovic Evolution, ESS Tune, UUC SSK w/ DSSR, Stoptech SS brake lines, Eibach springs, OEM gloss black kidney grills, keyhole delete, LUX H8 3.0, full front clear bra, 20% tint, Macht Schenll Stud Conversion, Apex ARC-8 18x9.5/10 w/ 265/35 & 285/30 AD08's
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #33
NYCMCBM3
Colonel
NYCMCBM3's Avatar
No_Country
50
Rep
2,718
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 MCB E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Ozone Park,NY

iTrader: (13)

Age: 22
Year: 2011 E92
City: NY
Company: GIECO
Total for the year: $6000 full coverage (alone)
__________________
2012 MCB///M3
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #34
paradocs98
Major
paradocs98's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,347
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 991 Carrera S
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibxna View Post
You older drivers should show some more respect for us younger guys and stop with the comments about we wreck our cars and don't deserve to drive these cars because we aren't responsible enough... I paid for my own college education. Worked three jobs. Graduated in 4 years in spite of partying (asu grad), and bought my house at 22 and my m3 at 25. Have I had tickets? Absolutely. Have u had tickets? I'm certain u have. Just because youre older makes it more acceptable and less irresponsible?

Either way, hate away old people... At the end of the day I've got my m3 through my own hard work and love every minute of it.

Sorry for ranting...

Insurance info
State farm
E90 m3 dct (2009)
500 deductible max coverage
653.xx every 6 months.
My initial comment wasn't directed at someone like you. Very impressive in putting yourself through college, working hard, and buying your own car. But buying your own M3 at the age of 25 is VERY different from having one given to you at the age of 17. It's about responsibility, experience and judgment. It's why smart motorcycle riders will tell beginners, whether they're 18 or 35, to start with something smaller, slower and more manageable like a 500 or 600cc bike instead of jumping immediately to a 1000cc superbike. You need to make your mistakes and get the "stupid" out of your system with something slower first.

If I were given an M3 when I was 17, I would have said "sweet!" and gladly taken it. Then hopefully I wouldn't have killed myself doing something silly. I would have then looked back years later, though, and thought, "How stupid were my parents to have given me an M3 as a teenager?" Part of it is the cost of such a car, but for the most part it's not about being an "old" "jealous" "hater." It's about those of us in our mid 20s and older having the judgment to realize that at 17 you simply DON'T have the judgment. I would feel the same way about a parent giving their teen a Camaro SS or a Mustang GT--it's just irresponsible.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #35
paradocs98
Major
paradocs98's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,347
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 991 Carrera S
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty1gonz27M View Post
Totally agree with you, I am 19 years old turning 20 in the military serving overseas won't see friends and family for two years but will be purchasing an m3 when i return to the states. I have also been told on other forums you shouldn't be buying this type of car at your age. I say no really your telling me I can leave friends n family serve in the military at my age but I can't buy a car that I want. I just don't understand...
I also genuinely thank you for your service to our country. It's always been such a hypocritical situation--at 18 you can fight for our country and be trusted to use an automatic weapon, but you can't legally drink. And now I would seem to suggest that you're old enough, mature enough and responsible enough to serve in the military, but not old/mature/responsible enough to have an M3. But you at 20 and with military service under your belt are probably more mature and responsible than a 17 year old high school student. And in order to use an automatic weapon in the military, you underwent intense training. The same cannot be said for the typical teen driver. They undergo the joke that we call driver's ed in this country, then are given the keys to a 420hp, 155mph weapon. It's just silly.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #36
beeblebrox
Private First Class
beeblebrox's Avatar
2
Rep
138
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E93
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY

iTrader: (0)

27 2011 E93
Manhattan
Geico: 1650
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #37
HotIce
Banned
United_States
29
Rep
445
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: I'm not telling some creeper where I live!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
My initial comment wasn't directed at someone like you. Very impressive in putting yourself through college, working hard, and buying your own car. But buying your own M3 at the age of 25 is VERY different from having one given to you at the age of 17. It's about responsibility, experience and judgment. It's why smart motorcycle riders will tell beginners, whether they're 18 or 35, to start with something smaller, slower and more manageable like a 500 or 600cc bike instead of jumping immediately to a 1000cc superbike. You need to make your mistakes and get the "stupid" out of your system with something slower first.

If I were given an M3 when I was 17, I would have said "sweet!" and gladly taken it. Then hopefully I wouldn't have killed myself doing something silly. I would have then looked back years later, though, and thought, "How stupid were my parents to have given me an M3 as a teenager?" Part of it is the cost of such a car, but for the most part it's not about being an "old" "jealous" "hater." It's about those of us in our mid 20s and older having the judgment to realize that at 17 you simply DON'T have the judgment. I would feel the same way about a parent giving their teen a Camaro SS or a Mustang GT--it's just irresponsible.
You'd recommend a 600cc Supersport bike to a beginner? And you think that's smart? I was thinking more along the lines of a Ninja 650 or a CBR650R.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #38
Cali01
Private
Cali01's Avatar
1
Rep
72
Posts

 
Drives: '13 Lexus LX570
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea/Valley/SoCal, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
Based on all the recent "I wrecked my M3" threads written by young, inexperienced drivers, the premium should be $100k a year to discourage parents from being so oblivious and/or irresponsible in allowing their kids to have such a car. You spend 17 years raising your child, nurturing them, educating them, trying to keep them away from unnecessary harm, and then you give them the keys to a 420hp weapon? Funny way of showing love.
I learned how to drive a manual in my uncles '06 M5(with out the M button on), I used to drive it school all the time, until a drunk driver crashed into it while it was stationary while my uncle was at party...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #39
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
PhillyNate's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Toyota GT-86
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Insurance is pretty expensive in Philadelphia. I'm over 40 and am paying about $115 a month with a collector car insurance company. Allstate insures our other 2 vehicles and quoted me an astronomical rate for the M3.
__________________

"what I'm driving here...is an ending." Jeremy Clarkson
2014 Whiteout Toyota GT-86 6mt(Presently enjoying WAY more than anticipated)
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #40
spdy330
Major General
spdy330's Avatar
United_States
100
Rep
6,074
Posts

 
Drives: 05 Tundra, 11 M3, 08 Odyssey
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chino, CA

iTrader: (161)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to spdy330 Send a message via Yahoo to spdy330
Damm, I am 40 and pay more than that on my car and it is only rated at 6k miles per year as a pleasure vehicle. I think I need to get out of California to get those better rates .

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
Well I'm 40 and pay 63 a month for full coverage with state farm. Pays to be old.
__________________
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #41
rondocap
Captain
rondocap's Avatar
28
Rep
600
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY/NJ

iTrader: (1)

Well, to compare I have a 335 sedan, nj, im 27, paying $1500 a year full coverage.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #42
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
13,001
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdy330 View Post
Damm, I am 40 and pay more than that on my car and it is only rated at 6k miles per year as a pleasure vehicle. I think I need to get out of California to get those better rates .
mine is rated at pretty low mileage also. its also a second vehicle with a motorcycle, home owners and other stuff insured as well.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 02:04 AM   #43
Chemicals
Private
1
Rep
58
Posts

 
Drives: M3 E92 2008 DCT SG
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

126 a month. Military
__________________
E92 M3 2008 SG DCT
Apex Arc 8 18/10/25 (Square) Sumitomo HTR-Z III (275/35/18)
H&R Sport Plus Springs
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 02:20 AM   #44
ailikesiliu
Captain
ailikesiliu's Avatar
9
Rep
741
Posts

 
Drives: Asian Cutties
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (8)

3600/year with 20% discount, clean record.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
insurance

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST