BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #375
kmarei
Major General
 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 6,480
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55 View Post
your missing the point and i see your rocking their wheels so I'm not gonna hate, you got to defend your investment and I understand. What is wrong with it, is they make their offset and fitments look much more aggressive than they really are. And since they already have a track record, that does not fly well with me.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=665859

if adv edited those pics, wheels would look flush and car would be dumped. but their not and we can clearly see their rims are not nearly as aggressive as advertised. i don't mean to piss any of you fan boys off so i'll let it be at that take it how u want to.

now check out these adv edited images;
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566635

the e90 is dumped in the pictures, in fact the third picture is ridiculous.. go to page 2 and watch the video of the car, the car is atleast an inch and half higher all around, and they even went as far as to edit out the orange reflectors.. Not like that matters but one of the most important determinants in buying a wheel for me is fitment aside from quality.
ever seen a Victoria's secret catalogue?
i have a friend that does photoshop for that
she says have the pictures are altered, or "enhanced" as her boss says
no woman has boobs that perfect
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

kmarei is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #376
kmarei
Major General
 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 6,480
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
You need to get out more...
unaltered pics or ban!!


if you're gonna talk the talk
you better back it up with proof!
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

kmarei is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #377
MR///M3
e90post veteran
 
MR///M3's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 M3, '09 335, '11 Mini R56
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: central NJ

Posts: 1,384
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Holy thread-jack batman... start your own thread, this is not a thread where every ding-dong adds their complaint to the list.
+1
__________________
2012 Melbourne Red/Bamboo Novillo E92 M3 - ZCP, ZPP, DCT, BMW Apps, Sat Radio, Heated Seats
Mods- 20" BBS LM DBK, 18" Volk TE37SL, OSS, Arkym, RD Sport, and much more...
Thanks to- PYSpeed -- Morr Wheels -- OSS Designs -- iND-Distribution
MR///M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #378
M3ryder55
Major
 
Drives: 15' MW/SO ETA August
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chatsworth, CA

Posts: 1,092
iTrader: (2)

fan boys. i'll let u be. suck it easy. people start making fun of others grammar when they can't come back. fact is, i bet you i am more educated than you are or you will ever be.
M3ryder55 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #379
tibra1
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,777
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Holy thread-jack batman... start your own thread, this is not a thread where every ding-dong adds their complaint to the list.
Clearly you have not been following this thread then..b/c that's exactly what it's about
tibra1 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #380
MR///M3
e90post veteran
 
MR///M3's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 M3, '09 335, '11 Mini R56
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: central NJ

Posts: 1,384
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55 View Post
fan boys. i'll let u be. suck it easy. people start making fun of others grammar when they can't come back. fact is, i bet you i am more educated than you are or you will ever be.
doubtful.



but lets keep this thread on topic.
__________________
2012 Melbourne Red/Bamboo Novillo E92 M3 - ZCP, ZPP, DCT, BMW Apps, Sat Radio, Heated Seats
Mods- 20" BBS LM DBK, 18" Volk TE37SL, OSS, Arkym, RD Sport, and much more...
Thanks to- PYSpeed -- Morr Wheels -- OSS Designs -- iND-Distribution
MR///M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #381
M3PO
Colonel
 
M3PO's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 IB E92
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: OC

Posts: 2,721
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55 View Post
your missing the point and i see your rocking their wheels so I'm not gonna hate, you got to defend your investment and I understand. What is wrong with it, is they make their offset and fitments look much more aggressive than they really are. And since they already have a track record, that does not fly well with me.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=665859

if adv edited those pics, wheels would look flush and car would be dumped. but their not and we can clearly see their rims are not nearly as aggressive as advertised. i don't mean to piss any of you fan boys off so i'll let it be at that take it how u want to.

now check out these adv edited images;
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566635

the e90 is dumped in the pictures, in fact the third picture is ridiculous.. go to page 2 and watch the video of the car, the car is atleast an inch and half higher all around, and they even went as far as to edit out the orange reflectors.. Not like that matters but one of the most important determinants in buying a wheel for me is fitment aside from quality.
ADV.1 isn't selling suspension. It's up to you to "dump" the car as much as you see fit. Likewise, it's also up to you to choose your widths and offsets. Who cares how aggressive they are in the pictures? You could tell ADV.1 that you want them so aggressive they stick out 2" on each side and they'd build them for you. Do some research on widths and offsets before you order $10K wheels. The real question you should ask yourself is if you like their designs, construction, and customer service which is the topic of this thread.
M3PO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #382
db71
Private First Class
 
Drives: 10 Audi S5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: IL

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Me a ADV.1 fanboy? I haven't used this gem this week, and thanks for making the point that you haven't made it past the first post. But thanks for playing...
Its not so fun to be called a a supporter or fanboy huh j/k
db71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #383
kmarei
Major General
 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 6,480
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55 View Post
fan boys. i'll let u be. suck it easy. people start making fun of others grammar when they can't come back. fact is, i bet you i am more educated than you are or you will ever be.
but i bet you my dad could beat up your dad!
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

kmarei is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #384
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
 
Singletrack's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 3,795
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
but i bet you my dad could beat up your dad!
LOL
Singletrack is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #385
AW335iCoupe
Banned
 
AW335iCoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North & South

Posts: 266
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to AW335iCoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
I would keep my money far, far away from ADV
+1 wasnt this the owners of 360 forged?
AW335iCoupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #386
NastyM3
Banned
 
NastyM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 35
iTrader: (1)

yikes.
NastyM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #387
BMW Fanatic
Banned
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55 View Post
fan boys. i'll let u be. suck it easy. people start making fun of others grammar when they can't come back. fact is, i bet you i am more educated than you are or you will ever be.
BMW Fanatic is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2012, 12:45 AM   #388
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,142
iTrader: (1)

Getting to the party here a bit late but I do still want to chime in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewDavid View Post
This is a funny analogy to me. When Dell has a recall, I don't think they immediately point the finger at their supplier. It is bad business. It is unprofessional.

Most goods we buy these days have one or more suppliers not necessarily the company selling. If my DCT has mechanical issues, is BMW going to jump on the forum and blame Getrag? Probs not. And I'm not going to be calling their customer service; I'll be calling BMW's. I'll be complaining about BMW not doing enough R&D, testing, etc. It'll taint my view of BMW, who is again the ultimate assembler, seller, and owner of the product - just like you.
Exactly spot on. The passing the buck here is comically absurd. Beyond belief really. It is YOUR product ADV, own it, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by db71 View Post
I do not feel that you have to have an engineering degree to make wheels that are structurally safe and sound as most software can test this in FEA and obvious physical testing can prove if you got the job done.
Well anything is possible, but again, for a critical safety item in a car, a real engineer should be involved. Which leads us to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE View Post
Engineering: Our president has a B.S. from Harvey Mudd College in Engineering and an M.S from UCLA in Mechanical Engineering and came to us in 1999 after 8 years of working at Northrop Grumman’s B-2 Division doing structural analysis on aircraft. The fact that HRE has a mechanical engineer in such a lead position should make it clear we’re not just a “draw and cut” company and how proper engineering is viewed here. As for FEA we know it is way too easy to get a very “accurate INCORRECT answer”. If you have no idea what you’re doing, you’re going to end up with false confidence leading to problems. Junk in. Junk out.
+100. FEA is notorious for garbage in garbage out. I sell these sort of tools and am acutely aware of this. A big props to HRE for spelling out detailed information on their president/engineer. This information goes a very long way for me or anyone who cares about the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by db71 View Post
But do not call the guy head engineer if he does not have a engineering degree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
Our engineer used to engineer for MHT for years and we just hired him on full time to do our wheels as our volume increased. And yes, he has an engineering degree.
Matt at ADV: I am not quite satisfied with this^ answer. Please tell us exactly where he studied, what he studied (i.e. what his degree is in) and what his related industry experience is. Again many confuse 3D modeling with engineering, they couldn't be more different. The former can help make things look really pretty but the latter is what makes them actually work and safe. Call me a skeptic but I have some doubt that you guys have an actual real M.E. with a degree from a real engineering school who is regularly looking at your designs for a structural integrity and safety point of view.
__________________
E92 M3 | Space Gray on Fox Red | M-DCT | CF Roof | RAC RG63 Wheels | Brembo 380mm BBK |
| Vorsteiner Ti Exhaust | Matte Black Grilles/Side Gills/Rear Emblem/Mirrors |
| Alekshop Back up Camera | GP Thunders | BMW Aluminum Pedals | Elite Angels |
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2012, 01:06 AM   #389
mike33176
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 Jerez/ Black, E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami

Posts: 432
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via ICQ to mike33176
Eugene, did you finally come to a settlement? What's the verdict? We're all dying to know what Jordan said and what was done.
mike33176 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2012, 04:07 AM   #390
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
 
1cleanm3's Avatar
 
Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

Posts: 3,606
iTrader: (7)

damn what a mess
__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08
1cleanm3 is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #391
mikesis
New Member
 
mikesis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Spartanburg, South Carolina

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post

Matt at ADV: I am not quite satisfied with this^ answer. Please tell us exactly where he studied, what he studied (i.e. what his degree is in) and what his related industry experience is. Again many confuse 3D modeling with engineering, they couldn't be more different. The former can help make things look really pretty but the latter is what makes them actually work and safe. Call me a skeptic but I have some doubt that you guys have an actual real M.E. with a degree from a real engineering school who is regularly looking at your designs for a structural integrity and safety point of view.
+1

People underestimate the importance of engineering until a catastrophe happens. 2D/3D Modeling and CNC programing is not engineering. Technical drawings (2D/3D) are done by a technical/designer. Engineering is done by an engineer. Is like calling me a doctor because I know you should take Tylenol for a head ache.
mikesis is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #392
M3SQRD
Colonel
 
M3SQRD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3s, R56 Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

Posts: 2,445
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
+100. FEA is notorious for garbage in garbage out. I sell these sort of tools and am acutely aware of this. A big props to HRE for spelling out detailed information on their president/engineer. This information goes a very long way for me or anyone who cares about the details.
+10000000

People think just because they buy a FE software package it makes them a structural engineer and/or dynamicist. The sad thing is these people treat FEA as a "black box" because they do not understand the theory behind the FEM nor its limitations. Also, with the latest trend to build multi-million DOF 3D FE models makes it even more dangerous because zero thought goes into understanding load path, etc. - this leads to GIGO and dangerous, poorly engineered designs. I also find it funny how people in this thread have stated you "test" the design using FEA which shows you how little they know
M3SQRD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #393
mike33176
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 Jerez/ Black, E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami

Posts: 432
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via ICQ to mike33176
Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Don't we have all the info we need?
Except what the final result was. Waiting to hear from Eugene
mike33176 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #394
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
 
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

Posts: 3,112
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike33176 View Post
Eugene, did you finally come to a settlement? What's the verdict? We're all dying to know what Jordan said and what was done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike33176 View Post
Except what the final result was. Waiting to hear from Eugene
When its all sad and done I'll let you guys know
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Eugene-TAIWAN is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #395
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
 
Radiation Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Macungie PA

Posts: 2,749
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4nh View Post
^

Just because ONE of adv.1 wheels cracked doesn't mean they ALL are bad wheels. I'm sure they've sold plenty and if there was a huge problem everyone would have heard about it by now.

Just because some ferrari's catch on fire doesn't mean its a POS. or if your e46 subframe rips out doesn't mean you'll never buy another bmw again
This is so true.

The 10.5 inch BBS forged magnesium wheels produced for the e46 M3 fitment crack on the inner lip constantly. Not a one off situation. I have 5 of them from two different sources. 4 have this problem. I won't hesitate to buy BBS wheels in the future.

That said, the majority of bling wheel marketers out there sell crap. Either they weigh 30 pounds a piece, or they fall apart, or both. But more upsetting than knowing this garbage is out there is that there are so many idiots willing to buy them.
__________________

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Radiation Joe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #396
inandout
Second Lieutenant
 
inandout's Avatar
 
Drives: 4 Rings
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 299
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
This is so true.

The 10.5 inch BBS forged magnesium wheels produced for the e46 M3 fitment crack on the inner lip constantly. Not a one off situation. I have 5 of them from two different sources. 4 have this problem. I won't hesitate to buy BBS wheels in the future.
Which model is this and what caused the crack? Did BBS replace them?
inandout is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST