BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-15-2012, 02:23 AM   #45
ottoblotto
///M-Flight Bavaria
ottoblotto's Avatar
Germany
18
Rep
1,210
Posts

 
Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Im around

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011.75 BMW M3 E90  [5.00]
2010 BMW X5  [0.00]
Question for the folks that got the K&N from Amazon.com: Did it come with the adapter for 2010+ models? $59 shipped!
__________________
"With great power comes great responsibility." -El-Superbeasto
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #46
aus
Major General
119
Rep
7,423
Posts

 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

iTrader: (5)

Where did you guys get your K&N filters? How much was it?
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #47
ailikesiliu
Captain
ailikesiliu's Avatar
9
Rep
741
Posts

 
Drives: Asian Cutties
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
Question for the folks that got the K&N from Amazon.com: Did it come with the adapter for 2010+ models? $59 shipped!
They have two models,

The one for 08/09 is E-1994, for 10&up is E-2994

How come the cheapest one I found is $65 shipped?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #48
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Brucewonder's Avatar
17
Rep
1,544
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
Question for the folks that got the K&N from Amazon.com: Did it come with the adapter for 2010+ models? $59 shipped!
i bought mine off amazon and fit perfectly in my2011. No rattle no problems for the past 1.5years
__________________
2011.5 E92 ///M3 SSII/FR
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #49
ottoblotto
///M-Flight Bavaria
ottoblotto's Avatar
Germany
18
Rep
1,210
Posts

 
Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Im around

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011.75 BMW M3 E90  [5.00]
2010 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbs_lm View Post
They have two models,

The one for 08/09 is E-1994, for 10&up is E-2994

How come the cheapest one I found is $65 shipped?
Thanks for the info! Just placed the order, $59.74 shipped with Amazon Prime.

I'm overseas and Amazon has been a lifesaver more than once so I joined the Prime program. Saved myself a ton of cash on shipping, plus the free kindle books, and all the student discounts on so many things, ect ect ect... killer program.
__________________
"With great power comes great responsibility." -El-Superbeasto
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #50
ailikesiliu
Captain
ailikesiliu's Avatar
9
Rep
741
Posts

 
Drives: Asian Cutties
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
Thanks for the info! Just placed the order, $59.74 shipped with Amazon Prime.

I'm overseas and Amazon has been a lifesaver more than once so I joined the Prime program. Saved myself a ton of cash on shipping, plus the free kindle books, and all the student discounts on so many things, ect ect ect... killer program.
No problem, buddy. I just ordered mine too, it will be here on Tuesday. Haha.
My friend and I share a prime account, the free two days shipping is pretty epic...
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #51
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
75
Rep
6,775
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
Question for the folks that got the K&N from Amazon.com: Did it come with the adapter for 2010+ models? $59 shipped!
All filters are pretty much the same...but I choose the AFE for that specific reason...their filters are fabricated with the correct adpater for 2010+
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #52
Macky112
newb
Taiwan
5
Rep
108
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E93 M3, 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbs_lm View Post
They have two models,

The one for 08/09 is E-1994, for 10&up is E-2994
this is correct, I have an 08 and ordered the 2994 the first time around from Amazon, and had to exchange for the 1994. The 2994 is cheaper than the 1994.

did the install about a week ago, noticed smoother take offs (and cold starts) in first and 2nd gear, and the car sounds (barely) a lil lounder during casual driving, and definitely lounder V8 rumble under hard acceleration.

definitely worth the time and the money!

now I gotta figure out what is the next easy/cheap mod to do =)
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #53
6spdg37s
Captain
20
Rep
753
Posts

 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

iTrader: (3)

whenever my car gets here I believe that I am going to do the KN drop in
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 02:56 AM   #54
ailikesiliu
Captain
ailikesiliu's Avatar
9
Rep
741
Posts

 
Drives: Asian Cutties
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky112 View Post
this is correct, I have an 08 and ordered the 2994 the first time around from Amazon, and had to exchange for the 1994. The 2994 is cheaper than the 1994.

did the install about a week ago, noticed smoother take offs (and cold starts) in first and 2nd gear, and the car sounds (barely) a lil lounder during casual driving, and definitely lounder V8 rumble under hard acceleration.

definitely worth the time and the money!

now I gotta figure out what is the next easy/cheap mod to do =)
Ya, my car is a 08 too, and I just did the k&n filter along with the 240e oem software update, the car definitely feels pulling harder and more throttle response.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #55
M3Fury
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Resurrection with a question

OLD thread but bought my 2011 used...which I come to find out has a Macht Schnell air filter.

Can I use a K&N cleaner/recharge kit on this filter? I assume so...thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 10:59 PM   #56
Amirsm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Amirsm3's Avatar
18
Rep
1,644
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Williams/Flagstaff, AZ

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Fury View Post
OLD thread but bought my 2011 used...which I come to find out has a Macht Schnell air filter.

Can I use a K&N cleaner/recharge kit on this filter? I assume so...thanks!
Indeed. It should work just fine
__________________
2011 e90 M3 Space Grey DCT- black eAs gills/grilles, eAs H8 LED Corona bulbs, BMW carbon fiber mirror caps, Agency Power CF elbow, MS 12f/12r spacers, Alex@AlpineMSS DCT Flash, iND reflectors, Milltek slip-on, F10 M5 front brakes, BMW Perf. steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #57
xpunisherx
Enlisted Member
xpunisherx's Avatar
Germany
0
Rep
38
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Kaiserslautern, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Interesting seemingly independent information. Just thought I would share.

Check it out...

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST