BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Evolve Automotive

01-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Sergei
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: e30 m3

What 30k miles service include?

I am going take my M3 30k miles service next week. But I think put marks differend place all around car to REALY see what they have done. So it is realy done or is it only in paper.

If someone can make list for me what that service include. Thanks!

Offcource I let you know what hapents.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)

Garage List
Check out my thread here ===> Open the BMW Maintenance Link then fill in your car details ... year, make etc.

Download the PDF file (even print it so you have a complete reference for the future).

Once you open the PDF file read more under Condition Based Service (CBS) also refer to your manual you received with your car. The invoice (once your service has been done should list all activities and materials used such as oil etc).

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 06-12-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
Sergei
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thank you sir!
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
Sergei
Enlisted Member
Rep

Story for 31k mils service.

They have exchanged brake fluid ,micro filter, wipers (dift left gasket and left door gasket because i said all ready those things) Dift has minor leak and door gasket was separating from below door. They anyway call me because they don't find which door it is! It was off about ten inch below the door. I don't get it, first i tell what is problem and anyway they call me. I think if i didn't tell those thinks all ready, they donít do anything about it. Like motor oil and that one bulb what i didnít say for purposely. But they don't add engine oil, exchange one bulb for tail light. OK small things but anyway they should to do it.

My maintenance appointment was 8.00am but they start to work my car 3.00pm. And i get it next day. OK they need exchange two gasket and brake fluid, but 1 and half day!

When I get my car back door was whistled 40mph and over. I didnít take it back, I donít want waste my time any more. I blued that gasket again because it wasnít installed well and also I need adjust door position. Now itís quiet.

This was my first maintenance visit (because car have it) and last one. I have done maintenance all my cars 10 years and i will do it in the future.

So if you find good maintenance place were you can take your car, use it. There is no so many. People do this work and it dos not quarantinesí if it's BMW dealer or smaller shop. I also work in "maintenance" field, not whit cars. So i really can tell you, people do this work not Brand this case BMW dealer. People who do it, that is the quality of work.
Appreciate 0