BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

GT Haus

02-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Volta
Registered

Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Update iDrive?

Just purchased my 11' M3 and love it. Just wondering are there any software updates that the dealership could do to the iDrive? I have issues with bluetooth playback when reconnecting to my phone after getting out of the car and back in... it kinda skips a bit during the song and FFWDS a bit randomly, like skips 10seconds...
      02-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volta View Post
Just purchased my 11' M3 and love it. Just wondering are there any software updates that the dealership could do to the iDrive? I have issues with bluetooth playback when reconnecting to my phone after getting out of the car and back in... it kinda skips a bit during the song and FFWDS a bit randomly, like skips 10seconds...
Why not give your dealer a call (or the largest dealer in your area) they should be able to tell you based on your VIN number.

I have my iPod Touch connected permanently that has my entire library and playlists on it. Perhaps you should get hold of a used iPot Touch and do the same. I never connect my iPhone in the car it is much more convenient this way.

In the end I think the extra iPot Touch for your car will be the best economical solution.

BTW. On my 2012 the hard drive also stores my other CD's

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada
      02-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
jphughan
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volta View Post
I have this problem VERY occasionally and usually turning the radio off and back on solves it. You could also try deleting and re-establinshing your phone pairing if you haven't already, as well as update your phone's software.

As for updates, BMW releases software updates relatively frequently so chances are there's a new software version compared to what's currently installed on your car. However, not every software update includes iDrive updates, and even if they do, dealers will typically only do it for free under warranty if there's a bulletin that says the issue you're experiencing is fixed with an update. They're reluctant to do it in general anyway because software updates take several hours during which time your car is occupying one of their service bays, and evidently it's kind of a dicey process (something going wrong can sometimes brick your car). But hey, you can always ask.
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder
jphughan is offline   United_States