BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

04-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #23
Fen335i
Captain

Drives: e92 M3 / Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Believe it or not, the BMW leather cleaner and conditioner is a great one step product and smells like leather.
Yep, BMW's leather cleaner/conditioner smells like real leather...its fantastic stuff.
      04-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #24
jjw2331
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 JtBlk e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
Auto Finesse Hide Cleanser and Hide Protect if you are up for trying something new. Overall a pleasant "fresh" smell to them...Will the leave the seats matte, no shine at all.

-Martin
^^^^^^^^^^

I've tried the BMW stuff, although it works well, the Autofinesse combo works best. The cleaner has a nice mild citrus smell initially, but goes away once you apply the leather conditioner.

The problem with using a one step cleaner/conditioner is the amount of dirt+oil still trapped in the leather. You'll be surprised at how much dirt the cleaner takes out. Having a clean surface definitely helps the conditioner soak in nicely into the leather and provides better protection against whatever you put it through (UV, sweat, dirt, oils excreted from sebaceous glands, etc.)

After applying the leather conditioner and allowing it to soak in, you regain the leather smell (not strong). The texture is like how it felt when I first got the car. Soft and smooth with some texture. Not shiny, slippery or greasy.

Mike, if you want to try it out, I have plenty left of both. I'm due for service later this week or possibly next week depending on Erhard's schedule. I can drop it off on the way.
      04-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #25
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: Ford Super Duty

Glad you like the products Josh

-Martin
Martin_D is offline   United_States
      04-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #26
leo95se
Lieutenant

Drives: 09 JB e92, Q5 and passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Believe it or not, the BMW leather cleaner and conditioner is a great one step product and smells like leather.
agree. it matches the factory leather smell better than others. ive used zaino (best leather smell), zymol (chemical smell), letherique (horsehide leather smell), etc..
leo95se is offline   United_States