BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #133
TTSam
Second Lieutenant
 
TTSam's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Burlington

Posts: 245
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
RO_Turbo, I want to second Giccy Gic's thanks for organizing this.
+1 on the organization - looks like we will have almost $2 million dollars worth of M3's in the same location.

+1 so we all can meet Julie as the anticipation of her M3 gets closer to reality.
TTSam is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #134
DOOBEE
Private
 
DOOBEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 88
iTrader: (10)

I'm in too. It will be interesting to meet everyone and see this many M3s in one place in Ontario.

I have a Meisterschaft GT exhaust installed and I may put my Challenge Race+ pipes on too before Saturday.
DOOBEE is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #135
MK599
I like Polar Bears..
 
MK599's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 399
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOBEE View Post
I'm in too. It will be interesting to meet everyone and see this many M3s in one place in Ontario.

I have a Meisterschaft GT exhaust installed and I may put my Challenge Race+ pipes on too before Saturday.
Thats gonna be crazy loud man.
__________________
///Matthew.
@MK599
MK599 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #136
VinnieAces
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VinnieAces's Avatar
 
Drives: Imola Red Z4MC
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, Can

Posts: 1,593
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Coupe  [4.75]
hey i cross linked the thread over to the z4M side of the post! hope you guys dont mind if a few Moupes and Roadsters crash the party
__________________
///M - Some Mods 'N Stuff
VinnieAces is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #137
WRXXX
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 SG M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 260
iTrader: (0)

What the heck. I'm down as well. Can't miss this meet when there are so many M3's showing up, can I?
WRXXX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #138
M3-Mike
Second Lieutenant
 
M3-Mike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe DCT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

Cool looks like a good turnout!

So how about those of us coming along the 401 meet up and drive down together? I'm at 401 & Yonge, think I read someone was near Parkview, another at Leslie & Sheppard, and I know Gearhead is also close by.

Any suggestions at a meeting place and time?
M3-Mike is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #139
twboy1999
Private First Class
 
Drives: e46 m3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: toronto

Posts: 196
iTrader: (2)

looks like quite a few people live in upper north york
twboy1999 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 11:15 PM   #140
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSam View Post
+1 on the organization - looks like we will have almost $2 million dollars worth of M3's in the same location.

+1 so we all can meet Julie as the anticipation of her M3 gets closer to reality.
Thanks Sam! I'm really looking forward to meeting you as well as the other gents who have helped me along with my journey!
JulieDriving is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #141
RO_Turbo
///M-thusiast
 
RO_Turbo's Avatar
 
Drives: MWM E93 M3, AW F25 X3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ON/NY

Posts: 271
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
RO_Turbo, I want to second Giccy Gic's thanks for organizing this.
Thanks everyone!

I'm just happy that there will be soo many folks coming out ... The weather is holding steady so far ... *fingers crossed* for lots of sunshine and NO RAIN!
RO_Turbo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #142
RO_Turbo
///M-thusiast
 
RO_Turbo's Avatar
 
Drives: MWM E93 M3, AW F25 X3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ON/NY

Posts: 271
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieAces View Post
hey i cross linked the thread over to the z4M side of the post! hope you guys dont mind if a few Moupes and Roadsters crash the party
RO_Turbo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #143
Gkap
BMF Movement
 
Gkap's Avatar
 
Drives: Women Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GTA

Posts: 3,014
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picus
You guys should drive by the shop for me on the way.... I just want to hear all the exhausts screaming up Dixie.
Ill snag u on way if u want Kev
Gkap is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #144
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,773
iTrader: (0)

Guys with the number of people that we now have coming out,is it a smart thing to meet up at a mall in downtown Burlington?25+ M's are going attract an awful lot of attention on a Saturday afternoon which probably is not a good thing IMO.My suggestion would to be to go to an area where we can meet up & listen to the cars in a more relaxed setting with out a lot of attention.
I was thinking of the Bronte Go station as we used to Autocross there with the Corvette club and noise was a non issue there when we competed there.I am sure that other people might have suggestions that might also work out well so lets discuss.
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #145
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,651
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Guys with the number of people that we now have coming out,is it a smart thing to meet up at a mall in downtown Burlington?25+ M's are going attract an awful lot of attention on a Saturday afternoon which probably is not a good thing IMO.My suggestion would to be to go to an area where we can meet up & listen to the cars in a more relaxed setting with out a lot of attention.
I was thinking of the Bronte Go station as we used to Autocross there with the Corvette club and noise was a non issue there when we competed there.I am sure that other people might have suggestions that might also work out well so lets discuss.
Agreed.
I should be able to make it.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3

Last edited by STALKER; 03-12-2012 at 07:12 PM.
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #146
M3-Mike
Second Lieutenant
 
M3-Mike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe DCT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
Cool looks like a good turnout!

So how about those of us coming along the 401 meet up and drive down together? I'm at 401 & Yonge, think I read someone was near Parkview, another at Leslie & Sheppard, and I know Gearhead is also close by.

Any suggestions at a meeting place and time?
May I suggest the Don Valley Golf course parking lot which is off Yonge Street, just south of the 401? http://g.co/maps/63h2x

Think the lot will be fairly empty as the Golf season hasn't started yet, and it will be easy for everyone to get onto the 401 from there.

I would suggest we meet between 12:30pm and 1pm, departing shortly after 1pm in order to get to the main event by 2pm.

M3-Mike is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #147
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,651
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
May I suggest the Don Valley Golf course parking lot which is off Yonge Street, just south of the 401? http://g.co/maps/63h2x

Think the lot will be fairly empty as the Golf season hasn't started yet, and it will be easy for everyone to get onto the 401 from there.

I would suggest we meet between 12:30pm and 1pm, departing shortly after 1pm in order to get to the main event by 2pm.

I have seen cops parked there before.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #148
M3-Mike
Second Lieutenant
 
M3-Mike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe DCT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Guys with the number of people that we now have coming out,is it a smart thing to meet up at a mall in downtown Burlington?25+ M's are going attract an awful lot of attention on a Saturday afternoon which probably is not a good thing IMO.My suggestion would to be to go to an area where we can meet up & listen to the cars in a more relaxed setting with out a lot of attention.
I was thinking of the Bronte Go station as we used to Autocross there with the Corvette club and noise was a non issue there when we competed there.I am sure that other people might have suggestions that might also work out well so lets discuss.
Yeah a mall parking lot may actually be quite busy on a Saturday no? Where is this Bronte Go station and can you post a map or satellite image?
M3-Mike is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #149
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,651
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
Yeah a mall parking lot may actually be quite busy on a Saturday no? Where is this Bronte Go station and can you post a map or satellite image?
Its right off Third Line off the QEW.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #150
M3-Mike
Second Lieutenant
 
M3-Mike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe DCT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
I have seen cops parked there before.
Could be.. are we afraid of cops?

I'm open to other suggestions, was just trying to think of a deserted parking lot near the 401...
M3-Mike is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #151
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,651
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
Could be.. are we afraid of cops?

I'm open to other suggestions, was just trying to think of a deserted parking lot near the 401...
I guess it depends on the cops...you never know when its private property.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #152
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,773
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
Could be.. are we afraid of cops?

I'm open to other suggestions, was just trying to think of a deserted parking lot near the 401...
Who needs agro if you can avoid it
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #153
M3-Mike
Second Lieutenant
 
M3-Mike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe DCT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
I have seen cops parked there before.
There is also the TTC parking lot at Yonge & York Mills, not sure if there is a gate to get in however.. I can check that out tomorrow.

M3-Mike is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #154
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,773
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
Yeah a mall parking lot may actually be quite busy on a Saturday no? Where is this Bronte Go station and can you post a map or satellite image?
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST