BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-25-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,512
iTrader: (1)

(NSFW) Guy Shoots Himself in Gut with M1

and survives . . . only to have to endure these "cleaning" sessions.

Don't bother hitting the play button if you are squeamish.

__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
immiketoo
Colonel
 
immiketoo's Avatar
 
Drives: Smoothly
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 2,873
iTrader: (0)

Wait....is that O-Cha? Are you ok buddy???
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
immiketoo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2012, 01:59 AM   #3
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,512
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Wait....is that O-Cha? Are you ok buddy???


I hope not. O-cha and I settled our differences.

Actually, his interest in the M1 led me to doing some research on it . . . which led to my discovery of this, uh, interesting (?) video.

Supposedly this dude was carrying around his loaded M1, tripped on his cat, and gut-blasted himself.

Why was he carrying a loaded M1 in his house? Words escape me.

Safety first boys, safety first.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #4
Derek8819
First Lieutenant
 
Derek8819's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 AW 1M Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Orleans, LA

Posts: 346
iTrader: (4)

I am a Flight Paramedic/RN, this is definetly no gunshot wound.

The "wound" in the video is most likely an abcess that they are doing an I&D procedure on (incise and drain). That brown liquid is Betadine, they would not be washing out the abdomen with that if they were sure there were not other wounds in the abdomen.

If he had shot himself in the gut like that he would be going to surgery to explore his abdomen and would likely have a large exit wound in his back, again not the case if they are able to wash him out like that.

Cool vid, but not what it seems.
Derek8819 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,512
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek8819 View Post
I am a Flight Paramedic/RN, this is definetly no gunshot wound.

The "wound" in the video is most likely an abcess that they are doing an I&D procedure on (incise and drain). That brown liquid is Betadine, they would not be washing out the abdomen with that if they were sure there were not other wounds in the abdomen.

If he had shot himself in the gut like that he would be going to surgery to explore his abdomen and would likely have a large exit wound in his back, again not the case if they are able to wash him out like that.

Cool vid, but not what it seems.
Thank you for the insight sir! Are you positive though?

I was just going by the video description:

"Rifle wound being cleaned. This is the result of me tripping over my cat onto a set of stairs while carrying a loaded weapon and falling on top of it. It was A full metal 30.06 round. Shot went through my stomach and out of my hip."
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #6
Derek8819
First Lieutenant
 
Derek8819's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 AW 1M Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Orleans, LA

Posts: 346
iTrader: (4)

Definetly!!

At that close of range the entrance wound would be FAR more extensive.

If it did come out of his hip he would have a large chunk of flesh missing.

the attached pic is just of a .22 exit wound.
Attached Images
 
Derek8819 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2012, 02:16 AM   #7
Derek8819
First Lieutenant
 
Derek8819's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 AW 1M Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Orleans, LA

Posts: 346
iTrader: (4)

I logged into YT and think I figured out now what he means, I think this is not a FRESH GSW, this is months after when they are packing the infected abcess the bullet wound left. That would totally make sense too and makes us both right.... win/win.
Derek8819 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2012, 02:17 AM   #8
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,512
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek8819 View Post
I logged into YT and think I figured out now what he means, I think this is not a FRESH GSW, this is months after when they are packing the infected abcess the bullet wound left. That would totally make sense too and makes us both right.... win/win.
Ahhhh that does make sense. Thank you for sharing your expertise.

You see a lot of gunshot wounds?
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2012, 02:21 AM   #9
Derek8819
First Lieutenant
 
Derek8819's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 AW 1M Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Orleans, LA

Posts: 346
iTrader: (4)

Lots......

I work in New Orleans for the public 911 service, lol.
Derek8819 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2012, 05:50 AM   #10
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
 
Stronghammer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: south carolina

Posts: 580
iTrader: (2)

Probably a glancing blow. Also I suspect he just had a baby given all the stretch marks on his abdominal wall.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 MR July 11 ED Sept 11 PCD
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Stronghammer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #11
immiketoo
Colonel
 
immiketoo's Avatar
 
Drives: Smoothly
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 2,873
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghammer View Post
Probably a glancing blow. Also I suspect he just had a baby given all the stretch marks on his abdominal wall.
The fluid shock wave from the impact of a pistol round or rifle round has significant enough pressure to distend flesh past the point of elasticity. This is why you see all the tearing on some exit wounds. Whether it would cause stretch marks is anyone's guess, but 30-06 rounds are serious business.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
immiketoo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2012, 01:40 AM   #12
Small Yellow
Track Addict
 
Small Yellow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Orange County, California

Posts: 779
iTrader: (0)

I feel smarter reading this thread.
__________________
BMW ///M3 Coupe
Completed November 16, 2009
Received December 29,2009
BMW //M Coupe
November 4, 2013
Small Yellow is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #13
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,164
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek8819 View Post
Definetly!!

At that close of range the entrance wound would be FAR more extensive.

If it did come out of his hip he would have a large chunk of flesh missing.

the attached pic is just of a .22 exit wound.
Proof that .22 cal weapons are effective.
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #14
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
 
chungdae's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 701
iTrader: (2)

What if it was a FMJ and went right through?
__________________
2001 Audi S4: RIP
2008, Infiniti G37S: Traded
2009 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
chungdae is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
The1
Major General
 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

Posts: 5,127
iTrader: (0)

that looks a little uncomfortable. Think he learned his lesson?

I'm still not really sure how he managed to fire an M-1 into his stomach. Is there no safety or anything on the gun?

and why the hell does he have an M-1, wouldn't a simple hand gun suffice?
The1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #16
CamelBiscuit
Banned
 
Drives: 11 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 702

Posts: 630
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
that looks a little uncomfortable. Think he learned his lesson?

I'm still not really sure how he managed to fire an M-1 into his stomach. Is there no safety or anything on the gun?

and why the hell does he have an M-1, wouldn't a simple hand gun suffice?
The same as a 128 would suffice for you.
CamelBiscuit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #17
The1
Major General
 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

Posts: 5,127
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveQuick View Post
The same as a 128 would suffice for you.
Really? That's a horrible comparison.

I can afford a 911 turbo, but I don't feel it's necessary. So if that's the case, I guess me getting the 135 would be like me getting a 9mm. And in comparison making the 128i like a flint lock pistol.
The1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #18
CamelBiscuit
Banned
 
Drives: 11 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 702

Posts: 630
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
Really? That's a horrible comparison.

I can afford a 911 turbo, but I don't feel it's necessary. So if that's the case, I guess me getting the 135 would be like me getting a 9mm. And in comparison making the 128i like a flint lock pistol.
Nope. A 911 would be an AR-15. An M-1 is a weak gun.
CamelBiscuit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #19
The1
Major General
 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

Posts: 5,127
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveQuick View Post
Nope. A 911 would be an AR-15. An M-1 is a weak gun.
Honestly, when it comes down to it, I really don't see the point in a gun. So to me, even a hand gun is a waste of money. At least I drive a car daily. A gun, I would never be shooting.

So as far as I can see, it's like trying to compare womens shoes to cars.

One, I'll never own and wear, while the other, i'll use daily.

this is why i wouldn't compare a car and a gun.
The1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #20
CamelBiscuit
Banned
 
Drives: 11 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 702

Posts: 630
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
Honestly, when it comes down to it, I really don't see the point in a gun. So to me, even a hand gun is a waste of money. At least I drive a car daily. A gun, I would never be shooting.

So as far as I can see, it's like trying to compare womens shoes to cars.

One, I'll never own and wear, while the other, i'll use daily.

this is why i wouldn't compare a car and a gun.
But for lots of others it is logical because they do own guns and cars. This guy just wanted an M-1. It's not that crazy of a gun.
CamelBiscuit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #21
The1
Major General
 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

Posts: 5,127
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveQuick View Post
But for lots of others it is logical because they do own guns and cars. This guy just wanted an M-1. It's not that crazy of a gun.
I see a handgun as something that is justifiable, but not so much a riffle. And to walk around a house with a loaded one. Just that much more silly to me.

But again, I guess gun culture is lost on me.
The1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #22
CamelBiscuit
Banned
 
Drives: 11 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 702

Posts: 630
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
I see a handgun as something that is justifiable, but not so much a riffle. And to walk around a house with a loaded one. Just that much more silly to me.

But again, I guess gun culture is lost on me.
I know how you feel. Kinda like listening to anything from Justin bieber for me.
CamelBiscuit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST