BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
bentone
Private
United_States
2
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 M3/'79 911SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Can I sit in your E90 M3 no moonroof?

Strange request, I know. But I'm in the market for a sedan and curious about headroom issues. I will want to track the car on occasion and need to know how much difference the moonroof makes for me personally (aside from the "standard" 1.5 inches). In cars with a moonroof, my helmet rubs at the door frame, but not at the headliner. I suspect this might not change without the moonroof but would like to confirm. I'd prefer the moonroof for a daily driver if it doesn't make any difference in helmet clearance for me personally.

Anyway, anybody without a moonroof got 5 minutes this week? I'm in Arlington but will meet you anywhere within 30 miles of DC. Normally I'd go to a dealer but there aren't any non-sunroof E90s for sale within at least 200 miles.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Raja Ventureshield
Banned
Raja Ventureshield's Avatar
United_States
83
Rep
5,694
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (6)

hmm. this might be a tough one. I work on a lot of cars but i have yet to see a e90 with no roof. So i see you are adding to the family. Good luck and let me know if you also need paint protection for the m3 when you get it. :-)

Here is a pix of a not so local but not really all that far way.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...4#post11382894
Charlottesville, VA area and he has no roof. :-) I am sure you would have fun making a trip out there.
It's a nice college town.

Last edited by Raja Ventureshield; 02-20-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
bentone
Private
United_States
2
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 M3/'79 911SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Yeah, seems like feast or famine around here. VOB had a white roofless sedan and there was one in chantilly but apparently both sold over the weekend. I'll bring a six pack to the first owner who can give me 30 seconds of seat time in one.

By the way, can't say enough good things about the 3M install. Hope to see you again soon!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
checkmate
Major
checkmate's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,335
Posts

 
Drives: AW M3 E90
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bel Air, MD

iTrader: (2)

I have a no-moonroof sedan
__________________
2011 Alpine White/Fox Red E90 M3. Sunroof Delete/DCT/No power seats/Square Apex ARC8s+ PSS /ACM Exhaust Mod+ EAS Tips

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
frenchM3dreamer
Captain
7
Rep
786
Posts

 
Drives: 08 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder GTP
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB

iTrader: (0)

i'm sorry i have to say it...
everytime i read your thread title isee "can i s*it in your M3?"

having said that, good luck with your search !! i personnally like the E90 better than the forum-almighty E92
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
cotmfk
Brigadier General
cotmfk's Avatar
41
Rep
3,510
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DC, MD, VA

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchM3dreamer
i'm sorry i have to say it...
everytime i read your thread title isee "can i s*it in your M3?"

having said that, good luck with your search !! i personnally like the E90 better than the forum-almighty E92
That's craziness! E92 ownzzzzz.

__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
blittle887
Private First Class
blittle887's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
124
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

I have a 2011.5 E90 M3 without the sunroof and just moved to the Falls Church area from Los Angeles. I could meet you somewhere if you would still like to sit in the E90 M3 without a sunroof?
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 | Bamboo Beige Novillo Leather | Carbon leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | 6MT | Heated Seats
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
bentone
Private
United_States
2
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 M3/'79 911SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blittle887 View Post
I have a 2011.5 E90 M3 without the sunroof and just moved to the Falls Church area from Los Angeles. I could meet you somewhere if you would still like to sit in the E90 M3 without a sunroof?
Great, thanks. PM sent
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
bentone
Private
United_States
2
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 M3/'79 911SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Big thanks to blittle for his generosity. While I was checking out his non-moonroof E90, we talked about a couple of items that might be of interest to anybody new to the NoVA area. I think this has all been covered before but maybe worth recapping:

I think BMW of Fairfax is the lesser of many evils when it comes to dealership service. Everybody can find a somebody who's had a bad experience, but I've been generally pleased with them. Matt Juliar seems to be especially familiar with the M cars. He didn't bat any eye at my all-caps "NO TEST DRIVES NO CAR WASHES" homemade sign on the dash.

Based on Raja's application of my 3M, I imagine his detailing work is incredible. I plan to get something on the books for spring. But for quick touchups I've had good experiences with Pro-Clean in Tysons on Spring Hill Road. Very accessible and top notch hand wash. Also actually like the guys in the Tyson's mall garage across from the Coastal Flats entrance (not the Galleria, never used them). Can't remember the business name but very convenient. Also hand wash, of course.

Katie's Cars and Coffee in Great Falls is a must-do at least once a month. Might not compare to west coast version in terms of volume, but there are some incredible cars to be seen there. It's a great crowd, great coffee, and a nice (early) way to start your Saturday. Also a nice drive depending on where you're coming from.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #10
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
118
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

^wait till you see Katie's during the summer, can't even get a parking spot in the main lot.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #11
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
118
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blittle887 View Post
I have a 2011.5 E90 M3 without the sunroof and just moved to the Falls Church area from Los Angeles. I could meet you somewhere if you would still like to sit in the E90 M3 without a sunroof?
welcome, just curious, how'd you get your M3 here? If you used a transport, how much did it cost, and what company did you use?

I'm probably moving out to west coast soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #12
snowmants
Captain
snowmants's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
632
Posts

 
Drives: '97 S14, '08 E90 M3, '11JeepGC
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Charlottesville, VA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
If you want to come down 2 hours to Charlottesville, VA you are welcome to sit in mine this weekend. pic of my car.

__________________
'08 Alpine White E90 M3 DCT

"In the NASA 2012 rules just released, double clutch transmissions are officially +6 points."
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #13
snowmants
Captain
snowmants's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
632
Posts

 
Drives: '97 S14, '08 E90 M3, '11JeepGC
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Charlottesville, VA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
nevermind...you already did. I should really read the rest of the thread first
__________________
'08 Alpine White E90 M3 DCT

"In the NASA 2012 rules just released, double clutch transmissions are officially +6 points."
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #14
Raja Ventureshield
Banned
Raja Ventureshield's Avatar
United_States
83
Rep
5,694
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentone View Post
Big thanks to blittle for his generosity. While I was checking out his non-moonroof E90, we talked about a couple of items that might be of interest to anybody new to the NoVA area. I think this has all been covered before but maybe worth recapping:

I think BMW of Fairfax is the lesser of many evils when it comes to dealership service. Everybody can find a somebody who's had a bad experience, but I've been generally pleased with them. Matt Juliar seems to be especially familiar with the M cars. He didn't bat any eye at my all-caps "NO TEST DRIVES NO CAR WASHES" homemade sign on the dash.

Based on Raja's application of my 3M, I imagine his detailing work is incredible. I plan to get something on the books for spring. But for quick touchups I've had good experiences with Pro-Clean in Tysons on Spring Hill Road. Very accessible and top notch hand wash. Also actually like the guys in the Tyson's mall garage across from the Coastal Flats entrance (not the Galleria, never used them). Can't remember the business name but very convenient. Also hand wash, of course.

Katie's Cars and Coffee in Great Falls is a must-do at least once a month. Might not compare to west coast version in terms of volume, but there are some incredible cars to be seen there. It's a great crowd, great coffee, and a nice (early) way to start your Saturday. Also a nice drive depending on where you're coming from.
You know, you can count on me. I will make the M new again. :-)
Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #15
blittle887
Private First Class
blittle887's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
124
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by blittle887 View Post
I have a 2011.5 E90 M3 without the sunroof and just moved to the Falls Church area from Los Angeles. I could meet you somewhere if you would still like to sit in the E90 M3 without a sunroof?
welcome, just curious, how'd you get your M3 here? If you used a transport, how much did it cost, and what company did you use?

I'm probably moving out to west coast soon.
I just put the M3 on a trailer behind the 26 ft Uhaul truck, worked great.
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 | Bamboo Beige Novillo Leather | Carbon leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | 6MT | Heated Seats
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST