BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
R3dn3k Flyby
Back in the saddle...
 
R3dn3k Flyby's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

Posts: 286
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to R3dn3k Flyby
Anyone familiar with the 2 E90 M3's at BMW Seattle?

BMW Seattle has 2 '08 M3 sedans currently. I went and drove one of them today. Curious if anyone on here is familiar with them? Previous owners or any info at all?

http://www.bmwseattle.com/used/BMW/2...79c13aad6e.htm

http://www.bmwseattle.com/used/BMW/2...c645d5f84a.htm

Thanks in advance
__________________
2011 M3 Coupe - DCT - Lemans/Black
VRTuned ECU Flash / Agency Power Catless Resonated Midpipe and Rear Section / H&R Race / Volk Racing G2
R3dn3k Flyby is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
TTG
...
 
TTG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 2,842
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
They both appear to be auction cars so most likely out of state.
__________________
Retired: 2011 E92 M3 AW w/ Silver Novillo ZCP, ZTP, ZPP, 494, 6FL, 507, 302 & 415.....ED April 29th, 2010
Retired: 2007 E92 335i -Space Gray, Black Leatherette + Alum, Nav, ZCW, ZSP, PDC, CA & Sunshade.....ED Oct 19th, 2006
TTG is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #3
R3dn3k Flyby
Back in the saddle...
 
R3dn3k Flyby's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

Posts: 286
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to R3dn3k Flyby
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
They both appear to be auction cars so most likely out of state.

The lower mileage '08 I test drove had Washington plates in the trunk, so it's local.

Not sure on the other one.

I haven't pulled Carfax on either yet, but I will when I get to work tomorrow.
__________________
2011 M3 Coupe - DCT - Lemans/Black
VRTuned ECU Flash / Agency Power Catless Resonated Midpipe and Rear Section / H&R Race / Volk Racing G2
R3dn3k Flyby is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
hieu1004
Second Lieutenant
 
hieu1004's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bothell, WA

Posts: 223
iTrader: (0)

If you Google the VIN # - the CARFAX is actually available to look at. It shows that they are both 1-owner vehicles. The higher mileage, lower priced one is listed on the CARFAX as a 'corporate' vehicle and it looks like it came from Oregon (Lithia BMW of Medford). The lower mileage, higher priced M3 was imported from Germany and sold in Spokane (Lithia Camp Chevrolet/Cadillac).

When I was in the market a couple months ago, I checked out the lower-priced vehicle, but was a little concerned about it being a corporate vehicle. In reality, it was probably someone who just registered the car under his/her business to get a tax write-off and me just being overly cautious. Good luck!
hieu1004 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #5
PNWM3
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Competition Edition
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 108
iTrader: (0)

All I remember about them was all the swirls in the paint. Previous owners were probably big fans of the Costco car wash...
PNWM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #6
R3dn3k Flyby
Back in the saddle...
 
R3dn3k Flyby's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

Posts: 286
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to R3dn3k Flyby
Quote:
Originally Posted by hieu1004 View Post
If you Google the VIN # - the CARFAX is actually available to look at. It shows that they are both 1-owner vehicles. The higher mileage, lower priced one is listed on the CARFAX as a 'corporate' vehicle and it looks like it came from Oregon (Lithia BMW of Medford). The lower mileage, higher priced M3 was imported from Germany and sold in Spokane (Lithia Camp Chevrolet/Cadillac).

When I was in the market a couple months ago, I checked out the lower-priced vehicle, but was a little concerned about it being a corporate vehicle. In reality, it was probably someone who just registered the car under his/her business to get a tax write-off and me just being overly cautious. Good luck!

The higher mile/cheaper one has all the options I want and none of the options I don't want. The lower mile/more expensive one has a few extras I don't care about, but has the nice 19's. I like the fact that the higher mile one has 3M on the hood and a few other places.

I'm gonna guess it was someone who registered it via their business as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWM3 View Post
All I remember about them was all the swirls in the paint. Previous owners were probably big fans of the Costco car wash...
That's probably just due to their free car washes when being brought in for service. I dropped my 335i off at BMW Seattle for some work last year when I had it. It looked a little roughed up when I picked it up. Either way, that shit can be remedied.
__________________
2011 M3 Coupe - DCT - Lemans/Black
VRTuned ECU Flash / Agency Power Catless Resonated Midpipe and Rear Section / H&R Race / Volk Racing G2
R3dn3k Flyby is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST