BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-06-2007, 11:47 PM   #133
musc
Major
 
musc's Avatar
 
Drives: 335is DCT
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SE USA

Posts: 1,257
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2004 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post
that might be true, but as long as it still has those two snails inside that hood compartment, it can be unleashed.:rocks:
Very true. I was just thinking what a PROcede v2.0 putting out 375rwhp would do in a little car like the 135i!

I think even the 128/130i is nice. Its good to see a rear wheel drive car in that bracket.
__________________
E46 M3 | SMGII | OEM CSL 19s | D/A Race Software | OEM CSL Header | Dixis TI | Streamline Drop in filter | (sold)
E92 335is | DCT | JB4 | E60 Flash | BMS DCI | DPs | BMS CP | BMS OCC | ETS 5" | Stg 2 LPFP | 451/500 DJ at 104
musc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #134
Cornhusker
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Nebraska

Posts: 403
iTrader: (1)

I'm first in line at my dealer!!!!!!! I think it's ugly.......I'm thinking it needs a widebody kit, whadaya think?
Cornhusker is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #135
ward
Major General
 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

Posts: 6,162
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornhusker View Post
I'm first in line at my dealer!!!!!!! I think it's ugly.......I'm thinking it needs a widebody kit, whadaya think?
widebody kits are needed about as bad as testarossa kits eeewww
ward is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2007, 11:20 PM   #136
zenmaster
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: '13 AH3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 1,612
iTrader: (1)

Spy Shots: 2008 BMW 135i
http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...35i_spy_shots/
zenmaster is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 05:43 PM   #137
Inkidoo
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Petare

Posts: 336
iTrader: (0)

135i + PROcede + Manual + LSD = The Best.
__________________
Inkidoo
|| 335i Sedan || Montego Blue || Black Leather || Aluminum Trim || Sport Package || STEPTRONIC || Paddle Shifters || BWM Assist/Bluetooth || Park Distance Control || Comfort Access || Navigation System || Satellite Radio ||
Inkidoo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2007, 01:58 AM   #138
tzuten
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Jet Black 07 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshare325 View Post
Looks nice...but it will call to a whole new market of drivers...might be good, might be bad who knows?...i kinda like the small group feeling of driving a BMW though
Not sure about where you live, but there is no small group for BMWs in S.Cali. On my 5 mile commute to work, I counted 21 BWMs, 15 MBs, and 12 Audis..
tzuten is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #139
dustinst22
Private
 
Drives: Ford F150
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzuten View Post
Not sure about where you live, but there is no small group for BMWs in S.Cali. On my 5 mile commute to work, I counted 21 BWMs, 15 MBs, and 12 Audis..
Well, Orange County (and southern CA in general) is a bit of an anomally (I used to live there until recently).

People can't afford the homes there, so they put all their money in their cars instead as "status" symbols. Thus, you see a ton of nice cars in orange county/la area.
dustinst22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2007, 03:58 PM   #140
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: none

Posts: 228
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scpage View Post
I was hoping it would be 500-600 lbs lighter than the 335
200+ pounds is pretty good!
NewhouseEnt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #141
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: none

Posts: 228
iTrader: (0)

Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
you know it'll beat a corvette at that point.

but it'll still be just a 1 series.

What corvette is going to get beat by anything in the BMW line? I hate Corvettes with a Violent passion, but the Vette does 0-60 in well under 4 seconds with a top speed of over 180. Not one BMW will touch it, stock. Even with ProCeed and a N0S bump, the Vette will smoke a 135i like a cheap cigar.
NewhouseEnt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2007, 08:09 PM   #142
dustinst22
Private
 
Drives: Ford F150
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewhouseEnt View Post



I hate Corvettes with a Violent passion, but the Vette does 0-60 in well under 4 seconds with a top speed of over 180.
Note quite. Unless you're talking about the Z06. "Well under 4 seconds", lol. Well once you're under 4 seconds you're talking SUPER CAR -- be careful when you start spouting things like "well under 4 seconds", as the only cars that can do that cost huge money. The Z06, yes it will do a 0-60 in under 4 seconds and match some of the exotics out there. The C6? Around 4.2 seconds in the 0-60. And the 135i with a vishnu PROcede, exhaust mod, and wider tires will very likely match that number. Handling will be interesting to compare, as the vette doesn't handle well by European standards.
dustinst22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #143
FinInk
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2000 Celica, Wanting 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fresno

Posts: 291
iTrader: (0)

I'm about 30% 135i and 70% 335i at the moment. I really like that the 1 series is lighter with the same engine (but will it have the same tranny and other parts?), but I still like the 335i more for its great styling, and roomy space. I really love that the 335i Coupe has back seats that you can really use so its a great compromise. Still performance or performance/practicallity?

End the end though I'd have to wait for reviews and to see and test drive it in person. I still love the 335i styling.
FinInk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2007, 09:18 PM   #144
Carnage
Lieutenant General
 
Carnage's Avatar
 
Drives: people insane
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: classified

Posts: 16,404
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinst22 View Post
Handling will be interesting to compare, as the vette doesn't handle well by European standards.
Tell that to the European cars it keeps smoking on the track. The C6 is not the Corvette of old, it's a new ballgame with this one and the old stereotypes no longer apply. BTW, the stock 2008 will do 0-60 in 4.1, doesn't take much to get it under 4. It only took me about 2K to get my 2007 under 4 sec.
Carnage is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2007, 11:02 PM   #145
dustinst22
Private
 
Drives: Ford F150
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
Tell that to the European cars it keeps smoking on the track. The C6 is not the Corvette of old, it's a new ballgame with this one and the old stereotypes no longer apply. BTW, the stock 2008 will do 0-60 in 4.1, doesn't take much to get it under 4. It only took me about 2K to get my 2007 under 4 sec.
Haven't seen any 4.1 times. Corvette claims a 4.3 time as does all the reviews on it. Without any mods, 4.1 is doubtful. Of course if you can post some links showing otherwise, would love to see.

As far as the handling goes, I'm sure it's very good by American standards, but it just doesn't compare to the great German engineering. After all, the vette still uses leaf spring suspension!! That's not exactly a sophisticated suspension system, lol.
dustinst22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2007, 07:21 AM   #146
Carnage
Lieutenant General
 
Carnage's Avatar
 
Drives: people insane
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: classified

Posts: 16,404
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinst22 View Post
Haven't seen any 4.1 times. Corvette claims a 4.3 time as does all the reviews on it. Without any mods, 4.1 is doubtful. Of course if you can post some links showing otherwise, would love to see.

As far as the handling goes, I'm sure it's very good by American standards, but it just doesn't compare to the great German engineering. After all, the vette still uses leaf spring suspension!! That's not exactly a sophisticated suspension system, lol.
4.3 is an old time. The 2008's have the new LS3 motor putting out 430-436 HP and 424-428 TQ depending on the exhaust, which is an increase of 30+ HP and 24+ TQ from 07, thus a new time of 4.1. Car and Driver got a 4.1 out of the LS2 so don't be surprised if they post a time in the 3's when they test the '08.

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/...nvertible.html

Give me a break on the "sophisticated" suspension crap and quit basing your opinions on 3 years reruns of Top Gear off Youtube.

The fact of the matter is this, it works and even the base Corvette is smoking "sophisticated" European cars on the track on a regular basis. The Z06 is well, smoking everything the base doesn't and that list is pretty small. Just because something is sophisticated doesn't mean it's the best.

Last edited by Carnage; 07-18-2007 at 07:38 AM.
Carnage is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2007, 08:33 AM   #147
dustinst22
Private
 
Drives: Ford F150
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post

The fact of the matter is this, it works and even the base Corvette is smoking "sophisticated" European cars on the track on a regular basis. The Z06 is well, smoking everything the base doesn't and that list is pretty small. Just because something is sophisticated doesn't mean it's the best.
Oh I agree the Z06 is a beast, I already mentioned that. In a straight line, that car beats just about anything (except maybe the Ford GT

But damn, I gotta admit, I didn't realize the LS3 was going to put up those numbers! That will be a helluva car. If the 135i loaded is priced around 40 K, I might need to reconsider the 08 C6. Will be interesting to see where the Vette is priced for the 08 model.
dustinst22 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #148
Carnage
Lieutenant General
 
Carnage's Avatar
 
Drives: people insane
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: classified

Posts: 16,404
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinst22 View Post
Oh I agree the Z06 is a beast, I already mentioned that. In a straight line, that car beats just about anything (except maybe the Ford GT

But damn, I gotta admit, I didn't realize the LS3 was going to put up those numbers! That will be a helluva car. If the 135i loaded is priced around 40 K, I might need to reconsider the 08 C6. Will be interesting to see where the Vette is priced for the 08 model.
If I remember correctly the base price only went up about $900 but they added a couple of previous "options" to the standard list so it's a wash. You should be able to get an '08 for about the same price as an '07 unless you go the LT4 option route with the custom leather, etc. That option wasn't available in '07.
Carnage is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST