BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
DrakeKemper's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
749
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Come bring your M3 out to the track!

The P.O.C (Porsche Owners Club) may sound like its only Porsches allowed, but that is NOT the case. At our last event we even had an M3 win the GT4 class.

With the declining economy we need more people out there with us!

ANY driver, can bring ANY car out to any of our PDS (Performance Driving Series) events. But we are trying to keep the image up, so BMW's were our natural second choice besides Porsche due to the Racing heritage and lifestyle image. You will be given an instructor, and you will have four sessions in a day to show us your stuff. The session's laps will be timed and you will still compete against each other in a safe environment.
If you attend a Drivers Clinic, we will have a full day of exercises, followed by the second day of instruction on the track.

PorscheClub.com

Name:  POCSchedule.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  377.3 KB

After one drivers clinic and two PDS weekends you can come out to any of our Time Trial events which feature 3 practice sessions and then a 3 lap, race against the clock to see who is the fastest.
These Time trial weekends include the best tracks in and around California.

So check out the schedule, if you're interested or have any questions, feel free to reply or PM me.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
mastek
e36s54, F10M5, e70X5d
mastek's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
1,599
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (15)

I've run with POC and PRC = great events = great crowd = highly recommend
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
DrakeKemper's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
749
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
I've run with POC and PRC = great events = great crowd = highly recommend
Great to hear! Get more people involved! =)
__________________
2008 E90 M3 - 6MT - AA Gen 2 Level 3
1991 Hot Girlfriend
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #4
aus
Major General
119
Rep
7,423
Posts

 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

iTrader: (5)

So no PDS at Spring Mountain, Mazda or Infineon? Are the PDS the only events where you'll get an instructor?

Wasn't the Charity event at Mazda later in the year last year and open to most?

And do we have to do the Driver's Clinic if we've done a few HPDE with the BMWCCA? Like a C/B student?
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 02-11-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
r53s65e90
8300
r53s65e90's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
543
Posts

 
Drives: r53 s65e90
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeKemper View Post
With the declining economy we need more people out there with us!
ANY driver, can bring ANY car out to any of our PDS (Performance Driving Series) events. But we are trying to keep the image up, so BMW's were our natural second choice besides Porsche due to the Racing heritage and lifestyle image.
Thanks for the info.

Please clarify the quoted: When economy was good POC->only Porsche. Now POC->Porsche+approved brands.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #6
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
DrakeKemper's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
749
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
So no PDS at Spring Mountain, Mazda or Infineon? Are the PDS the only events where you'll get an instructor?

Wasn't the Charity event at Mazda later in the year last year and open to most?

And do we have to do the Driver's Clinic if we've done a few HPDE with the BMWCCA? Like a C/B student?
You'll have to contact the Chief Driving Instructor about being signed off early.

No, if you have a PDS license, you can then do time trials (your first two time trial weekends you'll have an instructor)

There is a Driver's Clinic in 2 weeks, I strongly suggest everyone comes out to the event, I'll be instructing, and I might bring my M3 out too.
__________________
2008 E90 M3 - 6MT - AA Gen 2 Level 3
1991 Hot Girlfriend
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 12:43 AM   #7
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
DrakeKemper's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
749
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r53s65e90 View Post
Thanks for the info.

Please clarify the quoted: When economy was good POC->only Porsche. Now POC->Porsche+approved brands.
No, the P.O.C has always allowed other brands to run with us, we have many great members that don't have Porsches.
But now with the economy, we realize that all of our Porsche resources are cashed in and we need to look towards others. BMW was our second choice.
The event this weekend was completely full, 131 cars, 127 of them were porsches lol. It'd be fun to get some M3 racecars or old 330 conti challenge cars out there to run with us.
__________________
2008 E90 M3 - 6MT - AA Gen 2 Level 3
1991 Hot Girlfriend
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #8
aus
Major General
119
Rep
7,423
Posts

 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

iTrader: (5)

Is the Driver's clinic like a car control class?

So the PDS are the events where you get an instructor?

Thanks, and it's great to see another option beside the CCA where you can get instruction.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #9
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
DrakeKemper's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
749
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Is the Driver's clinic like a car control class?

So the PDS are the events where you get an instructor?

Thanks, and it's great to see another option beside the CCA where you can get instruction.
On the first day, after the driver's meeting, you go through a skid pad lesson, a threshold breaking chicane lesson, and an apex/double apex lesson.
(THESE LESSONS ARE ON TRACK IN YOUR CAR!)

On the second day, you'll be assigned an instructor and you'll be in a timed run session (4-5 30 minute sessions per group in a day), it will be passing with a point-by only.

Once you have done one driver's clinic and two PDS weekends, you will get signed off and receive a PDS license. You can now drive in PDS events with no instructor (you can still request one if you'd like though), and then you can also come out to the Time Trial events.

I strongly urge you to sign up online as this is a great opportunity you won't want to miss. There is also free catered lunch both days.
__________________
2008 E90 M3 - 6MT - AA Gen 2 Level 3
1991 Hot Girlfriend
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:56 AM   #10
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
DrakeKemper's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
749
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Please read all of the info here http://porscheclub.com/events/EventC...E154-Info.html
__________________
2008 E90 M3 - 6MT - AA Gen 2 Level 3
1991 Hot Girlfriend
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
skxf430
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
234
Posts

 
Drives: Driving Miss Daisy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Drake,

Are the classes different on Saturday versus Sunday? I couldn't readily tell on the POC site what the differences were. It says Saturday is a clinic. It that just skid pad and braking technique? Or, is it lapping too?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #12
Speed District
Socal Track Events!
Speed District's Avatar
0
Rep
23
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeKemper View Post
No, the P.O.C has always allowed other brands to run with us, we have many great members that don't have Porsches.
But now with the economy, we realize that all of our Porsche resources are cashed in and we need to look towards others. BMW was our second choice.
The event this weekend was completely full, 131 cars, 127 of them were porsches lol. It'd be fun to get some M3 racecars or old 330 conti challenge cars out there to run with us.
Sounds like you guys run some great events!

But wow, 131 cars! Which track was it on?
__________________

Next track day! Saturday, April 14th!
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11560510
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #13
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
DrakeKemper's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
749
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skxf430 View Post
Drake,

Are the classes different on Saturday versus Sunday? I couldn't readily tell on the POC site what the differences were. It says Saturday is a clinic. It that just skid pad and braking technique? Or, is it lapping too?

Thanks,
Saturday is a clinic, an hour of well taught lessons in the classroom. And then actual lessons in your car all day. If everyone gets it, then we will open the track up. Sunday is just timed lapping.
__________________
2008 E90 M3 - 6MT - AA Gen 2 Level 3
1991 Hot Girlfriend
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #14
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
DrakeKemper's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
749
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed District View Post
Sounds like you guys run some great events!

But wow, 131 cars! Which track was it on?
Big Willow, 4 run sessions. 2 of which are race license only, open passing. 2 of which are passing by point by on the straights only.
We had about 30 cars in each run group.
__________________
2008 E90 M3 - 6MT - AA Gen 2 Level 3
1991 Hot Girlfriend
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #15
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
285
Rep
15,812
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeKemper View Post
Big Willow, 4 run sessions. 2 of which are race license only, open passing. 2 of which are passing by point by on the straights only.
We had about 30 cars in each run group.
Damn

And here I find 80-100 cars, even 60 cars, too much traffic for Big Willow..

how much do these events run?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #16
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
DrakeKemper's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
749
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Damn

And here I find 80-100 cars, even 60 cars, too much traffic for Big Willow..

how much do these events run?
If they are running fast, you don't even notice. When its split up from GT3Cup Cars, to Boxsters, you don't notice because everyone is spread out.

And its max of 30 on track at once. Usually about 16 on track.

They all depend, usually about $250 - $450 for a weekend.
__________________
2008 E90 M3 - 6MT - AA Gen 2 Level 3
1991 Hot Girlfriend
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #17
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
285
Rep
15,812
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeKemper View Post
If they are running fast, you don't even notice. When its split up from GT3Cup Cars, to Boxsters, you don't notice because everyone is spread out.

And its max of 30 on track at once. Usually about 16 on track.

They all depend, usually about $250 - $450 for a weekend.
I see I see

Good info, thanks.

Not my type of event though.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #18
skxf430
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
234
Posts

 
Drives: Driving Miss Daisy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeKemper View Post
Saturday is a clinic, an hour of well taught lessons in the classroom. And then actual lessons in your car all day. If everyone gets it, then we will open the track up. Sunday is just timed lapping.
I have attended a prior POC clinic.

But, doesn't the Sunday session still have instructors in the car with you most of the time?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 03:42 AM   #19
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
DrakeKemper's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
749
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skxf430 View Post
I have attended a prior POC clinic.

But, doesn't the Sunday session still have instructors in the car with you most of the time?
If this is your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd weekend you need an instructor in your car.

After one clinic, and 2 weekends, you receive your PDS license, and you no longer need an instructor.
__________________
2008 E90 M3 - 6MT - AA Gen 2 Level 3
1991 Hot Girlfriend
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #20
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
285
Rep
15,812
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Big Willow is an awesome track. Going there tomorrow, can't wait! 13 hours to go ~
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #21
skxf430
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
234
Posts

 
Drives: Driving Miss Daisy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

I just signed up for Sunday.

Do we need to have numbers on our cars?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #22
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
DrakeKemper's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
749
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skxf430 View Post
I just signed up for Sunday.

Do we need to have numbers on our cars?
IF you are doing the driver's clinic you have to follow some instructions with contacting Dave Gardner (chief driving instructor of the PDS series), please make sure you follow them to ensure you're fully signed up.

Please read this, it will have everything you need to know
http://porscheclub.com/events/EventC...E154-Info.html

See you out there! Thanks for signing up!

But YES, if you're just coming on Sunday, they will assign you a number starting with 7 (temporary numbers start with 7), blue tape is perfectly acceptable.

Drake Kemper
__________________
2008 E90 M3 - 6MT - AA Gen 2 Level 3
1991 Hot Girlfriend
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
porsche, racing, streets of willow, track

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST