BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #111
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,950
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Do not worry we have policies in place for such things.Aaah the modern work world
There doesnt need to be a policy for absolutely no interest on her behalf.......
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #112
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
I booked a room a while back with an extra bed. If you aren't able to get a room, feel free to contact me.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #113
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
... and the articling student is somewhat attractive
Um, don't I need to come by to sign some papers or something?
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #114
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,779
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
Um, don't I need to come by to sign some papers or something?
Once I hear from Robert B.
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #115
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
 
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
We'll find out today....



LOL I was waiting for this to digress into a DCT vs. MT thread! I'm now seriously thinking of pulling the infamous Alter Peter manoeuvre. BMW Toronto has a really nicely spec'd 6MT coupe with competition package, so when I go back i'm going to check the trade-in value of my car
Did you have a look at that car? my former one is at Budd's in Oakville last I saw it was listed at $88.8K bet if you see Matt, he will cut you a nice deal

BTW, no more manoeuvres for this one or I'll end up with devorce papers for sure
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #116
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Peter View Post
Did you have a look at that car? my former one is at Budd's in Oakville last I saw it was listed at $88.8K bet if you see Matt, he will cut you a nice deal

BTW, no more manoeuvres for this one or I'll end up with devorce papers for sure
I ended up going with a 911S. In fact, i'm just back from the dealer, as the dealer in Montreal the car was coming from (I had picked a black PDK one originally) sold it before Downtown could get their hands on it. So i chose a nice new Guards Red 7MT instead, just today.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #117
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
 
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
I ended up going with a 911S. In fact, i'm just back from the dealer, as the dealer in Montreal the car was coming from (I had picked a black PDK one originally) sold it before Downtown could get their hands on it. So i chose a nice new Guards Red 7MT instead, just today.
Congratulations, sounds like you are a "Happy Camper" now

Safe tails always enjoy see you at the track
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #118
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,651
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
I ended up going with a 911S. In fact, i'm just back from the dealer, as the dealer in Montreal the car was coming from (I had picked a black PDK one originally) sold it before Downtown could get their hands on it. So i chose a nice new Guards Red 7MT instead, just today.
Good call on the manual. At the track the PDK is awesome, but nothing beats a manual for daily use.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #119
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Good call on the manual. At the track the PDK is awesome, but nothing beats a manual for daily use.
It's funny. When I picked the manual, I had this feeling of relief, and the sales person was so much happier (I think mainly cause it was a car on the lot).

I think i'm going to have to drop back into the beginner group for the track days. I haven't rowed a manual in two years.

Last edited by sawzall; 09-17-2012 at 08:49 PM.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #120
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,651
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
It's funny. Went I picked the manual, I had this feeling of relief, and the sales person was so much happier (I think mainly cause it was a car on the lot).

I think i'm going to have to drop back into the beginner group for the track days. I haven't rowed a manual in two years.
When you taking delivery?
I really wanna see it, hopefully you will have it for June 3rd.
Congrats again. Saw a black one at Yonge and Eginton on the weekend, looked and sounded amazing. Had dealer plates on it.


__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #121
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
When you taking delivery?
I really wanna see it, hopefully you will have it for June 3rd.
Congrats again. Saw a black one at Yonge and Eginton on the weekend, looked and sounded amazing. Had dealer plates on it.


Thanks! I'm hoping delivery either this Friday or Monday. It was a bit of a buzzkill finding out that the car I originally ordered wasn't available, but I think this worked out for the best.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #122
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,651
iTrader: (5)

Lets try to get something going for Calabogie or Mid Ohio for July.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #123
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Lets try to get something going for Calabogie or Mid Ohio for July.
I'm down! I was already planning on going to Calabogie. I'm not sure if Ottawa club does it as well, but Trillium had a deal where if you got 5 new people going to an event, you'd get a discount. We should see if we can do that for their July event.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #124
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,651
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
I'm down! I was already planning on going to Calabogie. I'm not sure if Ottawa club does it as well, but Trillium had a deal where if you got 5 new people going to an event, you'd get a discount. We should see if we can do that for their July event.
Im down, but I would prefer a one day event, taking 3 days off work is difficult, unless its a weekend event.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #125
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Im down, but I would prefer a one day event, taking 3 days off work is difficult, unless its a weekend event.
The Calabogie event is a weekend event Fri July 20 - Sun July 22. That being said, you can always go for a single day and come back even if others stay longer.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #126
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,651
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
The Calabogie event is a weekend event Fri July 20 - Sun July 22. That being said, you can always go for a single day and come back even if others stay longer.
I'll probably have to do that, I'm on call for two weekends in July.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #127
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,950
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
It's funny. Went I picked the manual, I had this feeling of relief, and the sales person was so much happier (I think mainly cause it was a car on the lot).

I think i'm going to have to drop back into the beginner group for the track days. I haven't rowed a manual in two years.
Awesome! Congrats! You cant go wrong with either. Its a great car - enjoy in good health. If I didn't have my heart set on a GT3/GT3RS I would be joining you this year
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #128
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,779
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
It's funny. Went I picked the manual, I had this feeling of relief, and the sales person was so much happier (I think mainly cause it was a car on the lot).

I think i'm going to have to drop back into the beginner group for the track days. I haven't rowed a manual in two years.
You will not have a problem with a 3 pedal car Except for driving students car with sticks on track & a few large trucks with a full manual gearbox,I had not driven a manual for over a year till after selling my 08 M3.I brought a 3 pedal Porsche Boxster S home and felt right at home after a couple of starts.Once you know how you never loose the feel for driving a manual.
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #129
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Awesome! Congrats! You cant go wrong with either. Its a great car - enjoy in good health. If I didn't have my heart set on a GT3/GT3RS I would be joining you this year
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
You will not have a problem with a 3 pedal car Except for driving students car with sticks on track & a few large trucks with a full manual gearbox,I had not driven a manual for over a year till after selling my 08 M3.I brought a 3 pedal Porsche Boxster S home and felt right at home after a couple of starts.Once you know how you never loose the feel for driving a manual.
I really hope so. I don't want to ask the girlfriend to teach me to drive a manual again. She's already got enough stuff hanging over me!
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #130
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,651
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
Thank you!



I really hope so. I don't want to ask the girlfriend to teach me to drive a manual again. She's already got enough stuff hanging over me!
Just remind her that she can easily be replaced...
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #131
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,950
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
You will not have a problem with a 3 pedal car Except for driving students car with sticks on track & a few large trucks with a full manual gearbox,I had not driven a manual for over a year till after selling my 08 M3.I brought a 3 pedal Porsche Boxster S home and felt right at home after a couple of starts.Once you know how you never loose the feel for driving a manual.
So what you are saying is that a chick car with 3 pedals made you feel right at home? I wonder what Steve thinks of your 3 pedal prowess?

No wonder you switched
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #132
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,779
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
So what you are saying is that a chick car with 3 pedals made you feel right at home? I wonder what Steve thinks of your 3 pedal prowess?

No wonder you switched
Yes it was a "Chicks"car who started a family and now has a Cayenne that she took from us.Steve issues with his clutch were not caused by myself but by the tech forgetting to tighten the slave cylinder bleeder and besides I still had my 3 pedal M3 at that point
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST