BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
Slow_335i's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
2,495
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Peoria IL

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [3.32]
Dj equipment recommendations? (complete noob)

Alright, so some friends and I have been looking in to getting some Dj equipment and honestly don't plan on going to crazy with it just something to have some fun with.

I was looking through the "OFFICIAL:: Trance/Techno & House/Electro House Thread...!!!!" thread and saw that many of you guys are into mixing/beat making. So i'm kind interested in what you guys use and recommend.

Mixers i've looked into are the Numark NS6, NS7 and a couple pioneer's.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
AW335TT
Lieutenant
Armenia
16
Rep
491
Posts

 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Hollywood, CA

iTrader: (0)

Xone db4 mixer
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
Wakka
but no flokka
Wakka's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
440
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 1er
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_335i View Post
Alright, so some friends and I have been looking in to getting some Dj equipment and honestly don't plan on going to crazy with it just something to have some fun with.

I was looking through the "OFFICIAL:: Trance/Techno & House/Electro House Thread...!!!!" thread and saw that many of you guys are into mixing/beat making. So i'm kind interested in what you guys use and recommend.

Mixers i've looked into are the Numark NS6, NS7 and a couple pioneer's.
Well it would be nice if you dropped a budget firstly, DJ gear can be anywhere from $100 to 10 grand. easily.

But let me at least ask you, do you want CDJs, turn tables, or a midi controller? What are you looking for? Best sound quality, most features, best bang for buck?

I could spew off a ton of stuff at you but since i have zero idea what you want im going to reserve that for when you respond.

heres my setup:


Its about 7-8 grand right there, without factoring in my speakers. I doubt you want anything like that, so please be specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
Xone db4 mixer
Seriously my dream mixer. that thing is a amazing.
__________________
M-Sport, 6MT, Hardwired V1, StopTech Sportpack, Perf. Intake, Perf. Exhaust, AFE Scoops, Perf. Carbon Spoiler, Perf. Carbon Diffuser, Enkei RPF1's, Conti Extreme DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Entourage sucks. BTM hates everything
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #4
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
1sikbmr's Avatar
46
Rep
3,283
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York

iTrader: (14)

^ thats a crazy set up.

I have a Rane TTM56S mixer and technics they work perfect for me
__________________

E90 ///M3 6MT Atlantis Blue - Fox red #TEAMMODE
ESS VT1-550|Volk TE37|Recaro|STOPTECH|Ohlins R/T|Mode Carbon GT4 Lip|Umnitza V4 |Agency Power/Sosi/ACM Test Pipes|BMW PSW V1|
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
Slow_335i's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
2,495
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Peoria IL

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [3.32]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
Well it would be nice if you dropped a budget firstly, DJ gear can be anywhere from $100 to 10 grand. easily.

But let me at least ask you, do you want CDJs, turn tables, or a midi controller? What are you looking for? Best sound quality, most features, best bang for buck?

I could spew off a ton of stuff at you but since i have zero idea what you want im going to reserve that for when you respond.
Thanks for the responce.

When it comes to price I think $1,000 max would be good. (mainly becasue i'm a noob.)

When it comes into the style equimpment, Whatever the numark ns6/7 fall under. (mixer with turntables) Sound quality is key, and heck even the best bang for the buck. (if I can get by with a mixer that works for arond $500-$600 i wouldn't complain.)

Syles if music would be club stlye mixes.


Also sick setup!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #6
Wakka
but no flokka
Wakka's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
440
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 1er
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_335i View Post
Thanks for the responce.

When it comes to price I think $1,000 max would be good. (mainly becasue i'm a noob.)

When it comes into the style equimpment, Whatever the numark ns6/7 fall under. (mixer with turntables) Sound quality is key, and heck even the best bang for the buck. (if I can get by with a mixer that works for arond $500-$600 i wouldn't complain.)

Syles if music would be club stlye mixes.


Also sick setup!

well the ns6 is a midi controller if im not wrong. But for $1000 just get a S4 and be done with it.


heres where to buy:
http://www.pssl.com/Native-Intrument...trol-S4-System

Note how it says 'call for best price'... do that.
__________________
M-Sport, 6MT, Hardwired V1, StopTech Sportpack, Perf. Intake, Perf. Exhaust, AFE Scoops, Perf. Carbon Spoiler, Perf. Carbon Diffuser, Enkei RPF1's, Conti Extreme DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Entourage sucks. BTM hates everything
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
kyleb350
Brigadier General
kyleb350's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

iTrader: (6)

I've played around with the NS7. Would be great for OP's intended use
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
E90SoFlo
Banned
53
Rep
2,675
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

iTrader: (9)

Wakka posted a HUUUUGE photo.

I agree with him, I have a S4 a like it.

I also have a MPL 25 for Midi keyboard which I also like.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin
infinitekid2002's Avatar
United_States
52
Rep
3,400
Posts

 
Drives: Like a Bat out of Hell
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Angels

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
that thing doesnt have a mono input for mixing tt's?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
Slow_335i's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
2,495
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Peoria IL

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [3.32]
So looking into the S4 i also noticed the S2. Im assuming the only difference is 2 channel vs 4 channel? correct?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #11
Wakka
but no flokka
Wakka's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
440
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 1er
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
I've played around with the NS7. Would be great for OP's intended use
Numark is not a path i can recomend in the DJ world. Their equipment is going to fall apart. You want something that will last a long time and is reliable.

As for the S2, not a clue man, but this seems to be a good review if you want to check it out:
http://www.nokturnalist.com/2011/09/...e-not-so-good/

Hope it helps
__________________
M-Sport, 6MT, Hardwired V1, StopTech Sportpack, Perf. Intake, Perf. Exhaust, AFE Scoops, Perf. Carbon Spoiler, Perf. Carbon Diffuser, Enkei RPF1's, Conti Extreme DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Entourage sucks. BTM hates everything
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #12
.:bHd:.
Major
.:bHd:.'s Avatar
Armenia
71
Rep
1,149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

@Wakka - is it really worth getting a CDJ2000 over a 900?

@OP. Both of these are under a grand
The pioneer DDJ-T1


Or

DDJ-S1
__________________

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #13
Wakka
but no flokka
Wakka's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
440
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 1er
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
@Wakka - is it really worth getting a CDJ2000 over a 900?
They do the exact same thing. Almost all the features on the 2000 are on the 900. They are laid out slightly different. The loop cutter on the 2000 is a button, on the 900 its hold the loop button and press search track.

the 2000 has hot cues and the 900 has slip mode, you'll almost never use either of them. Those are really the only difference feature wise. However the 2000 has WAY more illumination, which is awesome for when its dark, plus the screen is a 6.5" lcd instead of a dot matrix.

With that said, the 900 is fine for home use, the 2k is for clubs.
__________________
M-Sport, 6MT, Hardwired V1, StopTech Sportpack, Perf. Intake, Perf. Exhaust, AFE Scoops, Perf. Carbon Spoiler, Perf. Carbon Diffuser, Enkei RPF1's, Conti Extreme DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Entourage sucks. BTM hates everything
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #14
lm1z
Major
lm1z's Avatar
29
Rep
1,142
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Singapore Grey F10 M5
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (19)

Wakka, very nice setup.

I'm running 2 CDJ2000's and the DJM2000.
Have a set of 800's as well.

We should mix out sometime!

@OP - Agreed on the controller setup. Perfect for starting out. Go with the Traktor S4. Many artists (such as Porter Robinson) use controllers and do fine with them. This will cure your itch for the time being.
It all depends on what you want to do and how much input you want to have.

Remember, digital aims to emulate analog's capabilities.
Each year they make steps to further improving the technology.

It's the same thing as comparing digital VST's to analog synthesizers.

Lane
__________________
PAST 2002 GGP Lexus IS300 - RMM - HKS - Rays
PAST 2007 Black Sapphire E90 335i - BMS - JB+
PAST 2010 Jerez Black E92 M3
PAST 2012 Mineral White E92 M3
CURRENT 2013 Singapore Grey F10 M5
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST