BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #45
Q4P
Colonel
Q4P's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
2,295
Posts

 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
am i the only one that's mad simply because the tards filming in the car didn't at least roll the windows down?
clear safety issue, I wouldn't have either so as not to at least expose the camera


as far as the argument is concerned, I rarely back cops up but this right here was fully justified. The guy didn't even budge when there were clearly 2 weapons pointed at him and there were commands being shouted at him. I am not sure what he was thinking here...

I have an acquaintance who is a police officer and he said that once you pull a weapon on a cop and start swinging (especially one like a huge hammer), most bets are off.
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #46
E90SoFlo
Banned
53
Rep
2,675
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

iTrader: (9)

Just to clear it up, the guy never "swung" the hammer, he put it back on his shoulder and moved forward. I wouldn't say this is "attacking" the cop.. Just my .02

I have lots of cop friends and I understand they are stressed

Also it does look like the police used a taser on him at one point, but shot him in the face?????!!!!!????? I don't think thats a very effective place to shoot the taser, and he pulled the points out.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #47
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

I can't believe the dudes in the car were laughing.

I side with the folks saying the use of deadly force was the right choice. But to continue shooting when perp was on the ground was excessive, however, as we could not see if the purp was still swinging at the cops while on the ground, we don't know, so it could have been necessary

and to those who think hammers/crowbars aren't deadly..... I really don't know what your skulls are made of, but you must have metal plates in there to be able to withstand something like that being swung full force at your head.

Cops don't take risks. Man with instrument swings for someones head, they go down, no questions asked.

I do think it sucks that it went that far, but police tryed all they could before resorting to deadly force.

And if you knee cap someone mid swing, they are still likely to hit their target even if they are taking a bullet in the knee.

and as mention, stray bullets are bad, there's a crowd around, other police all around perp, you're aiming for the largest possible target so you don't hit someone else who is innocent.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #48
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Just to clear it up, the guy never "swung" the hammer, he put it back on his shoulder and moved forward. I wouldn't say this is "attacking" the cop.. Just my .02


I blame Al Sharpton for this mentality in people... I really do.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #49
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
1
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air

iTrader: (0)



someone please tell me that a tazer to the face isn't effective on a normal person. (0:20)

btw, this video is a perfect example of true police brutality.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #50
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
43
Rep
1,204
Posts

 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
I can't believe the dudes in the car were laughing.

I side with the folks saying the use of deadly force was the right choice. But to continue shooting when perp was on the ground was excessive, however, as we could not see if the purp was still swinging at the cops while on the ground, we don't know, so it could have been necessary

and to those who think hammers/crowbars aren't deadly..... I really don't know what your skulls are made of, but you must have metal plates in there to be able to withstand something like that being swung full force at your head.

Cops don't take risks. Man with instrument swings for someones head, they go down, no questions asked.

I do think it sucks that it went that far, but police tryed all they could before resorting to deadly force.

And if you knee cap someone mid swing, they are still likely to hit their target even if they are taking a bullet in the knee.

and as mention, stray bullets are bad, there's a crowd around, other police all around perp, you're aiming for the largest possible target so you don't hit someone else who is innocent.
This.

I frankly find this more disturbing than any other facet of this incident.
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #51
E90SoFlo
Banned
53
Rep
2,675
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post


someone please tell me that a tazer to the face isn't effective on a normal person. (0:20)
Are you saying the person in the first video was superman?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #52
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
1
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Are you saying the person in the first video was superman?
normal aka not on drugs or any other sort of intoxicant. a tazer is pretty fucking effective at stopping virtually any living thing in their tracks EXCEPT people on drugs, drunk, etc. it's been proven over and over. a tazer to the face, no less.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #53
san~man
Tired
san~man's Avatar
44
Rep
2,618
Posts

 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (7)

Police are taught to shoot center mass in order to stop threats, not aim at arms, legs or kneecaps.
__________________
BMW-less
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #54
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post


someone please tell me that a tazer to the face isn't effective on a normal person. (0:20)

btw, this video is a perfect example of true police brutality.
that video is where i grew up...

my how things have changed.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #55
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Are you saying the person in the first video was superman?
....

I am at a complete loss for words.. Do you even try to think about the things you say before you say them..? Even 2 seconds of thought might cause you to consider the obvious and likely reasoning for his ability to withstand the taser...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #56
E90SoFlo
Banned
53
Rep
2,675
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
....

I am at a complete loss for words.. Do you even try to think about the things you say before you say them..? Even 2 seconds of thought might cause you to consider the obvious and likely reasoning for his ability to withstand the taser...
Or how the taser was used improperly?

But don't blame the cop's they didn't do anything wrong =)
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #57
escobar929
Brigadier General
escobar929's Avatar
53
Rep
4,309
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q4P View Post
clear safety issue, I wouldn't have either so as not to at least expose the camera


as far as the argument is concerned, I rarely back cops up but this right here was fully justified. The guy didn't even budge when there were clearly 2 weapons pointed at him and there were commands being shouted at him. I am not sure what he was thinking here...

I have an acquaintance who is a police officer and he said that once you pull a weapon on a cop and start swinging (especially one like a huge hammer), most bets are off.
agreed, in most videos posted I can understand and usually agree w/ the people who say they used excessive force but on this one, its pretty clear the cops did the right thing.

The guy takes a taser to the face and keeps walking like not a single fuck was given, then he turns and acts like he is going to swing whatever he has on his hands. The other cop had really no option but to open fire, now did he need to shoot 8-9 times, prob not but we're all human and he prob thought if this guy took a taser to the face he might be on PCP and just 1 bullet wont do it, so he made sure he was down
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #58
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Or how the taser was used improperly?

But don't blame the cop's they didn't do anything wrong =)
whether you're right or wrong about all this, I can't believe you're continuing to argue with everyone when you know nobody is going to back down or agree with you.

Unless you're just trying to fuel the fire, this is pointless.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #59
carogers86
Private First Class
carogers86's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
156
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Would anyone here take a hammer to the chest/face to save this perp's life? It possible he could have gone in to change his life and fix health care and cure cancer, right?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #60
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
agreed, in most videos posted I can understand and usually agree w/ the people who say they used excessive force but on this one, its pretty clear the cops did the right thing.

The guy takes a taser to the face and keeps walking like not a single fuck was given, then he turns and acts like he is going to swing whatever he has on his hands. The other cop had really no option but to open fire, now did he need to shoot 8-9 times, prob not but we're all human and he prob thought if this guy took a taser to the face he might be on PCP and just 1 bullet wont do it, so he made sure he was down
you don't fire once and hope for the best, you make sure, but that doesn't take 10 bullets. But it definitely takes more then 1.

you'll never see a perp get hit only once when being taken down. Minimize risk at all costs.

but if the perp took 3 and is on the ground, then he's probably out of the game, so the rest of the shots i don't understand, but like i mentioned earlier, we don't know if he was laying there still swinging at the closest cops.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #61
E90SoFlo
Banned
53
Rep
2,675
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
whether you're right or wrong about all this, I can't believe you're continuing to argue with everyone when you know nobody is going to back down or agree with you.

Unless you're just trying to fuel the fire, this is pointless.
Yeah I guess, I think the cops did the right thing taking force, I think they just over did it a little.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #62
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Yeah I guess, I think the cops did the right thing taking force, I think they just over did it a little.
I guarantee this case will be heavily investigated internally at the department. It pretty much sits on the fence in some respects. The force to take the guy down was necessary, but the continued use after is questionable.

I guarantee that cop who shot will be getting some time off and lots of therapy.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #63
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
CPWINCH's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
3,550
Posts

 
Drives: F32 4 Series
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (5)

i hate cops lol
__________________
Follow my BMW instagram @Bmwmodification Let me know you are from bimmerpost and i'll follow back
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #64
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #65
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
1
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Yeah I guess, I think the cops did the right thing taking force, I think they just over did it a little.
now you're backtracking. you'd make a perfect presidential candidate. incoherent arguments, waffling, and failing to see the obvious. but i am speculating that you aren't even of voting age.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #66
szcyxzh
Lieutenant
6
Rep
398
Posts

 
Drives: 128I
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (2)

so this video is censored... good job gov...

anyone could post an active link?
__________________
128 w/ 6MT, SSK, CDV DEL, FSB, TIM YOYO, THAT'S IT.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST