BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
House Motorsports
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
SCOTT26's Avatar
598
Rep
3,625
Posts

Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

iTrader: (0)

Cool Lightweight (CRT type) model + updated competition package possible for E92 M3

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
They are currently working on a CRT -type package for the Coupe which will see some of the key details such as the CFRP bonnet and special seats be applied to the Coupe along with other ideas before the curtain falls.

As this will be the last ever BMW M3 Coupe. With the name continuing with the Sedan only.

I am not entirely sure whether the US will get the limited run-out model, due to the federalisation problems etc. However they are considering some sort of updated Competition package for the US. I have no idea of timeframe, but the Coupe is expected to be shown at the M Festival in June.

The BMW M3 DTM Safety Car , although not a direct replication. Shows the potential.

Although I am kept being asked about the seats... They remain exclusive to the M3 CRT for the time being , although BMW M. do intend to offer them as accessories in the future.
__________________
Vision EfficientDynamics
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
GOLFFRR's Avatar
832
Rep
19,324
Posts


Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

^^
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
David Aviles: bmwdavid@icloud.com - Cell:202-262-2900
If you have any issues getting a hold of David PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 645pm!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
130
Rep
4,886
Posts

Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Wow! Updated comp package would be nice. I'd be jealous!!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
03BeastCharmer
Major
03BeastCharmer's Avatar
26
Rep
1,425
Posts

Drives: 03 M5, '13 & 97 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston

iTrader: (2)

I'm planning Euro Delivery for June. I hope they announce any update to the Comp package before my car goes into production.
__________________

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Wife's: E39 M5, E36 M3
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
392
Rep
14,438
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
I'm planning Euro Delivery for June. I hope they announce any update to the Comp package before my car goes into production.
Don't count on that. MY2013 does not start production until July, and I think the ship has sailed for any further changes to appear before MY2013 starts. On the plus side, any new options for the final model year are indeed likely to appear in July. Well, except perhaps for some special "Last M3 coupe ever" cosmetic-only package. And the M3 CSL too of course, but that's not going to make it here.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
03BeastCharmer
Major
03BeastCharmer's Avatar
26
Rep
1,425
Posts

Drives: 03 M5, '13 & 97 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Don't count on that. MY2013 does not start production until July, and I think the ship has sailed for any further changes to appear before MY2013 starts. On the plus side, any new options for the final model year are indeed likely to appear in July. Well, except perhaps for some special "Last M3 coupe ever" cosmetic-only package. And the M3 CSL too of course, but that's not going to make it here.
I know, but it begs the question, should I just wait and take delivery in Aug/Sept with a '13 build.
__________________

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Wife's: E39 M5, E36 M3
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3

Last edited by 03BeastCharmer; 01-20-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
130
Rep
4,886
Posts

Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
I know, but it begs the question, should I just wait and take delivery in Aug/Sept with a '13 build.
Did you already get a production number?

Since the E92 '11 and '12s are the same in many "big" respects (i.e. LCI tails, ZCP), I suppose there is a chance that a '13 could have some decent changes.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #8
aajami
Brigadier General
aajami's Avatar
United_States
130
Rep
4,334
Posts

Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

Although I am kept being asked about the seats... They remain exclusive to the M3 CRT for the time being , although BMW M. do intend to offer them as accessories in the future.
This would be great. I would love to get the BMW Performance seats, but they don't play nice with the occupancy sensors here in the US. Plug and play seats from the CRT would be awesome.

And if BMW doesn't release this special edition E92 in the US, please beg/cajole/plead with/bribe your colleagues to not VIN-lock the parts, so that anyone who wants to retrofit can. Countless people would line up to hand you their money if you opened up the GTS and CRT catalogs.
__________________
'09 E92 M3: Space Gray, Black, Carbon Leather | ZTP 2MK ZPP 2MT 6FL | link 1 / link 2
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #9
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
392
Rep
14,438
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
I know, but it begs the question, should I just wait and take delivery in Aug/Sept with a '13 build.
Oh, I see. Sorry I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying that you had already blocked out time for ED in June, and could not change that date.

Yeah, if your date is flexible, you may want to wait. My guess is we'll have MY2013 info by May, perhaps even April.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #10
03BeastCharmer
Major
03BeastCharmer's Avatar
26
Rep
1,425
Posts

Drives: 03 M5, '13 & 97 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Did you already get a production number?

Since the E92 '11 and '12s are the same in many "big" respects (i.e. LCI tails, ZCP), I suppose there is a chance that a '13 could have some decent changes.
No production number yet. I have reached out to the forum dealers and my local dealer for pricing and availability around ED for June, but nothing committed yet.
__________________

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Wife's: E39 M5, E36 M3
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #11
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
SCOTT26's Avatar
598
Rep
3,625
Posts

Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
This would be great. I would love to get the BMW Performance seats, but they don't play nice with the occupancy sensors here in the US. Plug and play seats from the CRT would be awesome.

And if BMW doesn't release this special edition E92 in the US, please beg/cajole/plead with/bribe your colleagues to not VIN-lock the parts, so that anyone who wants to retrofit can. Countless people would line up to hand you their money if you opened up the GTS and CRT catalogs.
Sorry I do not see that happening. These special cars like the M3 GTS and M3CRT use specifc parts because they are exclusive models , it is only right to keep them as exclusive for the customer. With the E46 M3 CSL , BMW were caught out that customers were ordering CSL parts that they put a stop to it immediately. I am not entirely sure but I think BMW have threatened legal action if any tuner tries to replicate them?
__________________
Vision EfficientDynamics
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
130
Rep
4,886
Posts

Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
No production number yet. I have reached out to the forum dealers and my local dealer for pricing and availability around ED for June, but nothing committed yet.
I'd wait to see what is announced for the MY2013, if I were you.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #13
aajami
Brigadier General
aajami's Avatar
United_States
130
Rep
4,334
Posts

Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Sorry I do not see that happening. These special cars like the M3 GTS and M3CRT use specifc parts because they are exclusive models , it is only right to keep them as exclusive for the customer. With the E46 M3 CSL , BMW were caught out that customers were ordering CSL parts that they put a stop to it immediately. I am not entirely sure but I think BMW have threatened legal action if any tuner tries to replicate them?
That's a shame. Porsche doesn't do this, so if a Carrera owner wants to splurge for an $8,000 GT2 RS hood, he can. More money for Porsche, and GT2 RS owners don't run around crying about lack of exclusivity.
__________________
'09 E92 M3: Space Gray, Black, Carbon Leather | ZTP 2MK ZPP 2MT 6FL | link 1 / link 2
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem

Last edited by aajami; 01-20-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #14
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
JulieDriving's Avatar
30
Rep
2,308
Posts

Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
No production number yet. I have reached out to the forum dealers and my local dealer for pricing and availability around ED for June, but nothing committed yet.
I have an allocation for a March build. I sent my dealer an e-mail today asking for confirmation of MY 2013 for Canada. I don't see a reason why not (Matt Russell's title is M Brand Manager for North America), but still better to be sure. He said he'll ask and get back to me. I don't need a car by spring, I just did that not to miss the end of production.

If it's confirmed we get MY 2013 as well, I'm delaying my production until I hear what MY 2013 has to offer, including any special editions. Heck, I'll even get the iDrive (which I'm sure will be mandatory with any special editions)
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #15
Rich@GTBPerformance
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
259
Rep
4,453
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 JZB M3, 2000 750iL
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North New Jersey

iTrader: (20)

Exciting. I'd love to get my hands on a CSL style competition package. Hopefully it will be US bound!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #16
rjd598
Major General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
128
Rep
5,170
Posts

Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
That's a shame. Porsche doesn't do this, so if a Carrera owner wants to splurge for an $8,000 GT2 RS hood, he can. More money for Porsche, and GT2 RS owners don't run around crying about lack of exclusivity.
im rooting for the seats as well...just pure sex. i guess only time will tell
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #17
mapezzul
Special Agent
mapezzul's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,737
Posts

Drives: Depends on the day!
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
They are currently working on a CRT -type package for the Coupe which will see some of the key details such as the CFRP bonnet and special seats be applied to the Coupe along with other ideas before the curtain falls.

As this will be the last ever BMW M3 Coupe. With the name continuing with the Sedan only.

I am not entirely sure whether the US will get the limited run-out model, due to the federalisation problems etc. However they are considering some sort of updated Competition package for the US. I have no idea of timeframe, but the Coupe is expected to be shown at the M Festival in June.

The BMW M3 DTM Safety Car , although not a direct replication. Shows the potential.

Although I am kept being asked about the seats... They remain exclusive to the M3 CRT for the time being , although BMW M. do intend to offer them as accessories in the future.
Nice...

There had been talk of putting some of the M Performance products on the car for the US- naming it the Performance Package or something different than the Competition Package (which sucks as a name- carbon or GT2 etc. would be cool but already taken).

Homologation issues would deter anything real special outside of a very expensive few cars. BMWNA could bring anything M builds over BUT the cost would be exorbitant once they needed to homologate it- they could bring 10 units over and charge $250k for them but will they sell? As a reminder Canada did something like this with the E36 (brought over 45 Euro Spec powered coupes).... some of those same individuals responsible for that project work at BMWNA

If this truly is the last run of the M3 coupe (I still hear that is not happening) I would then expect BMWNA to do something special- more than just paint even if it to build a few so they can put it in the collection. The car still has some time left though so let's not speed up its departure.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #18
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
46
Rep
2,801
Posts

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Wow...it would be incredible if they just end up offering everything the CRT and GTS come with except with a street able interior!

4.4L S65
GTS Exhaust
GTS Spoiler
CFRP Lip
CFRP Hood
CFRP Seats
Brakes
KW Competitions
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #19
gaalforce
Private First Class
gaalforce's Avatar
1
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: 2007 e92 328i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: bergen county nj

iTrader: (1)

last m3 coupe :bs: m3 started as a coupe and shouls always be
__________________

2007 SG/CR 328i 6 speed "Edna"
ACM LED angels/CF roof/Mtech fb/335 conversion/Arkym trunk/cf trim roundels/tail tints/AFE intake/acs style roof spoiler/acspedals/S.S.K
AUTO COUTURE MOTORING FTMFW
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #20
Franken///M
A70
Franken///M's Avatar
Germany
2
Rep
258
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany/Midwest

iTrader: (0)

If they come out will any new parts hopefully we will be able to purchase them. It would be pretty stupid if they don't sell them separately.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #21
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
the infamous...'s Avatar
United_States
469
Rep
17,527
Posts

Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

iTrader: (0)

__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #22
Alex@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Alex@AUTOcouture's Avatar
184
Rep
4,041
Posts


Drives: M4 Signal Green
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 BMW M3  [3.83]
2011 bmw/ m3  [0.00]
another special edition we wont be getting, sweet
__________________
AUTOcouture Motoring West |
14212 Oxnard Street
Van Nuys, CA 91401
818-849-6282 Alex@autocouturemotoring.com
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:03 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST