BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source

01-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
SCOTT26
Colonel

Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre

Cool Lightweight (CRT type) model + updated competition package possible for E92 M3

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
They are currently working on a CRT -type package for the Coupe which will see some of the key details such as the CFRP bonnet and special seats be applied to the Coupe along with other ideas before the curtain falls.

As this will be the last ever BMW M3 Coupe. With the name continuing with the Sedan only.

I am not entirely sure whether the US will get the limited run-out model, due to the federalisation problems etc. However they are considering some sort of updated Competition package for the US. I have no idea of timeframe, but the Coupe is expected to be shown at the M Festival in June.

The BMW M3 DTM Safety Car , although not a direct replication. Shows the potential.

Although I am kept being asked about the seats... They remain exclusive to the M3 CRT for the time being , although BMW M. do intend to offer them as accessories in the future.
      01-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: Golf Cart

^^

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Our Parts Store--> http://www.bmwpartspros.com
      01-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
SamS
Brigadier General

Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3

Wow! Updated comp package would be nice. I'd be jealous!!
      01-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
03BeastCharmer
Major

Drives: 03 M5, '13 & 97 M3

I'm planning Euro Delivery for June. I hope they announce any update to the Comp package before my car goes into production.

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Wife's: E39 M5, E36 M3
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3
      01-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
mkoesel

Drives: IB/PS M-DCT E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
I'm planning Euro Delivery for June. I hope they announce any update to the Comp package before my car goes into production.
Don't count on that. MY2013 does not start production until July, and I think the ship has sailed for any further changes to appear before MY2013 starts. On the plus side, any new options for the final model year are indeed likely to appear in July. Well, except perhaps for some special "Last M3 coupe ever" cosmetic-only package. And the M3 CSL too of course, but that's not going to make it here.
      01-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
03BeastCharmer
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Don't count on that. MY2013 does not start production until July, and I think the ship has sailed for any further changes to appear before MY2013 starts. On the plus side, any new options for the final model year are indeed likely to appear in July. Well, except perhaps for some special "Last M3 coupe ever" cosmetic-only package. And the M3 CSL too of course, but that's not going to make it here.
I know, but it begs the question, should I just wait and take delivery in Aug/Sept with a '13 build.

Last edited by 03BeastCharmer; 01-20-2012 at 02:32 PM.
      01-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
SamS
Brigadier General

Quote:
I know, but it begs the question, should I just wait and take delivery in Aug/Sept with a '13 build.
Did you already get a production number?

Since the E92 '11 and '12s are the same in many "big" respects (i.e. LCI tails, ZCP), I suppose there is a chance that a '13 could have some decent changes.
      01-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
aajami
Brigadier General

Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

Although I am kept being asked about the seats... They remain exclusive to the M3 CRT for the time being , although BMW M. do intend to offer them as accessories in the future.
This would be great. I would love to get the BMW Performance seats, but they don't play nice with the occupancy sensors here in the US. Plug and play seats from the CRT would be awesome.

And if BMW doesn't release this special edition E92 in the US, please beg/cajole/plead with/bribe your colleagues to not VIN-lock the parts, so that anyone who wants to retrofit can. Countless people would line up to hand you their money if you opened up the GTS and CRT catalogs.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | 240J ECU flash | LCI Euro taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
aajami is offline   United_States
      01-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #9
mkoesel

Drives: IB/PS M-DCT E93 M3

Quote:
Oh, I see. Sorry I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying that you had already blocked out time for ED in June, and could not change that date.

Yeah, if your date is flexible, you may want to wait. My guess is we'll have MY2013 info by May, perhaps even April.
      01-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #10
03BeastCharmer
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Did you already get a production number?

Since the E92 '11 and '12s are the same in many "big" respects (i.e. LCI tails, ZCP), I suppose there is a chance that a '13 could have some decent changes.
No production number yet. I have reached out to the forum dealers and my local dealer for pricing and availability around ED for June, but nothing committed yet.

01-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #11
SCOTT26
Colonel

Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
This would be great. I would love to get the BMW Performance seats, but they don't play nice with the occupancy sensors here in the US. Plug and play seats from the CRT would be awesome.

And if BMW doesn't release this special edition E92 in the US, please beg/cajole/plead with/bribe your colleagues to not VIN-lock the parts, so that anyone who wants to retrofit can. Countless people would line up to hand you their money if you opened up the GTS and CRT catalogs.
Sorry I do not see that happening. These special cars like the M3 GTS and M3CRT use specifc parts because they are exclusive models , it is only right to keep them as exclusive for the customer. With the E46 M3 CSL , BMW were caught out that customers were ordering CSL parts that they put a stop to it immediately. I am not entirely sure but I think BMW have threatened legal action if any tuner tries to replicate them?
      01-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
SamS
Brigadier General

Quote:
No production number yet. I have reached out to the forum dealers and my local dealer for pricing and availability around ED for June, but nothing committed yet.
I'd wait to see what is announced for the MY2013, if I were you.
      01-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #13
aajami
Brigadier General

Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Sorry I do not see that happening. These special cars like the M3 GTS and M3CRT use specifc parts because they are exclusive models , it is only right to keep them as exclusive for the customer. With the E46 M3 CSL , BMW were caught out that customers were ordering CSL parts that they put a stop to it immediately. I am not entirely sure but I think BMW have threatened legal action if any tuner tries to replicate them?
That's a shame. Porsche doesn't do this, so if a Carrera owner wants to splurge for an $8,000 GT2 RS hood, he can. More money for Porsche, and GT2 RS owners don't run around crying about lack of exclusivity.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | 240J ECU flash | LCI Euro taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem

Last edited by aajami; 01-20-2012 at 06:04 PM.
aajami is offline   United_States
      01-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #14
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P

Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
I have an allocation for a March build. I sent my dealer an e-mail today asking for confirmation of MY 2013 for Canada. I don't see a reason why not (Matt Russell's title is M Brand Manager for North America), but still better to be sure. He said he'll ask and get back to me. I don't need a car by spring, I just did that not to miss the end of production.

If it's confirmed we get MY 2013 as well, I'm delaying my production until I hear what MY 2013 has to offer, including any special editions. Heck, I'll even get the iDrive (which I'm sure will be mandatory with any special editions)
      01-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #15
Rich@GTBPerformance

Drives: 2011 135i

Exciting. I'd love to get my hands on a CSL style competition package. Hopefully it will be US bound!

Your Home For Premium BMW Aftermarket Parts
www.gtbperformance.com | sales@gtbperformance.com | Facebook | 973 429 2839
      01-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #16
rjd598
Brigadier General

Drives: 10' M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
That's a shame. Porsche doesn't do this, so if a Carrera owner wants to splurge for an $8,000 GT2 RS hood, he can. More money for Porsche, and GT2 RS owners don't run around crying about lack of exclusivity.
im rooting for the seats as well...just pure sex. i guess only time will tell

rjd598 is offline   United_States
      01-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #17
mapezzul
Special Agent

Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
They are currently working on a CRT -type package for the Coupe which will see some of the key details such as the CFRP bonnet and special seats be applied to the Coupe along with other ideas before the curtain falls.

As this will be the last ever BMW M3 Coupe. With the name continuing with the Sedan only.

I am not entirely sure whether the US will get the limited run-out model, due to the federalisation problems etc. However they are considering some sort of updated Competition package for the US. I have no idea of timeframe, but the Coupe is expected to be shown at the M Festival in June.

The BMW M3 DTM Safety Car , although not a direct replication. Shows the potential.

Nice...

There had been talk of putting some of the M Performance products on the car for the US- naming it the Performance Package or something different than the Competition Package (which sucks as a name- carbon or GT2 etc. would be cool but already taken).

Homologation issues would deter anything real special outside of a very expensive few cars. BMWNA could bring anything M builds over BUT the cost would be exorbitant once they needed to homologate it- they could bring 10 units over and charge $250k for them but will they sell? As a reminder Canada did something like this with the E36 (brought over 45 Euro Spec powered coupes).... some of those same individuals responsible for that project work at BMWNA

If this truly is the last run of the M3 coupe (I still hear that is not happening) I would then expect BMWNA to do something special- more than just paint even if it to build a few so they can put it in the collection. The car still has some time left though so let's not speed up its departure.
mapezzul is offline   United_States
      01-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #18
flipm3
E46 + E90

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Wow...it would be incredible if they just end up offering everything the CRT and GTS come with except with a street able interior!

4.4L S65
GTS Exhaust
GTS Spoiler
CFRP Lip
CFRP Hood
CFRP Seats
Brakes
KW Competitions
      01-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #19
gaalforce
Private First Class

Drives: 2007 e92 328i

last m3 coupe :bs: m3 started as a coupe and shouls always be

2007 SG/CR 328i 6 speed "Edna"
ACM LED angels/CF roof/Mtech fb/335 conversion/Arkym trunk/cf trim roundels/tail tints/AFE intake/acs style roof spoiler/acspedals/S.S.K
AUTO COUTURE MOTORING FTMFW
      01-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #20
Franken///M
A70

Drives: '11 E92 M3 6MT

If they come out will any new parts hopefully we will be able to purchase them. It would be pretty stupid if they don't sell them separately.
Franken///M is offline   Germany
      01-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #21
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict

Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
      01-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #22
Alex@Autocouture

Drives: E30 M3, E92 Frozen GTS

Garage List